more lore/ information
- 17 (13.2%)
more portraits
- 7 (5.4%)
more little stuff, custom names etc.
- 6 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Antediluvians - Under Development - (Dev15)  (Read 235054 times)

zakastra

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Antediluvians - Under Development - (Dev15)
« Reply #510 on: February 10, 2013, 10:30:50 AM »

The omen is small frigate, imagine the havock that could be wreaked if you had wings of four of those :D (Okay for the same OP as one wing you could nearly have a paragon, but still!)
Oh DRM, bane of the carrier captain...

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #511 on: February 10, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »

For Persephonies I assign a light fighter wing to attack them (wing of six, Foxbats from the IF mod if you really care), but keep my main ship close to them so PD can support the fighters.

The only faction I've actually attacked aside from Tri-tach has been the Wayfarers, because they're a fair fight for my 30-level character. I use fighters a lot though, in conjunction with my own mod of a Valkyrie..
Spoiler
[close]
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

knightofni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:46 AM »

Hi Erick,

I got your mod through Uomoz's, and it's pretty much awesome ! I love the dark graphic style as well as the combat.

A small complaint regarding missiles and torpedoes though. They're really hard to see. I can still see the missiles, but the torpedoes are simply invisible to me. Could they be a little bit bigger [just a few pixels] or a little bit brighter ?

knightofni

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2013, 05:29:08 AM »

Thank you, knightofni

Ni!

I'll make the torpedoes a bit brighter for the next update.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »

yeah those torpedo's are so small XD

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »

Try playing with the HUD off and with very little PD on your ship. Suddenly bewm, massive hole in one side of your ship which then eats another 2 torpedoes right after. "Do you have any idea how much that stings?!"

Erick, an experimental question. Have you tried turning all turrets into hidden slots? The gun "mounts" could easily double as gun ports, and the weapons are so tiny and often look out of place when mounted on other ships that they only seem to work on Antediluvian ships, so, hidden gun racks? If so, would you make torpedo ports more distinctive on ships, perhaps with a few general markings around the torpedo bays?
It's asking quite a bit, but it's just a curiosity. Hidden gun ports might also make fighting massed Antediluvian ships easier on crappy computers. I barely play at 30 FPS, usually 20 or so with the HUD up and a few ships fighting, I've had fights with the Antediluvian hordes drop to 5-6FPS even with the HUD removed and it seems to be because of the sheer number of guns on them. Looking in the general direction of an Atlantis is almost a guarenteed framerate drop for me.

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:14 AM »

My main gameplay issue with this faction: the torpedoes are smaller than swarmers, have an invsible engine and hit for ~1000 damage. the one of these that is the biggest problem to me: the invisible engine.
Summary: they are stupid and unfair to anyone who doesn't have PD facing the direction they are coming from, as you will suddenly have thousands of damage appear seemingly out of nowhere. to be able to spot them you would have to be constantly paying attention to the whole area around your ship, rather than on your enemies.
suggested fix: give them a visible engine [just like every single other missile type weapon in the game] a larger/brighter sprite wouldn't hurt, but an engine flare is more important.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2013, 12:11:52 PM »

I think they are missing an engine flare b/c they don't have an engine. They are launched from a tube and maintain velocity only.

Making them stand out more visually through the sprite should be sufficient.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »

I think they are missing an engine flare b/c they don't have an engine. They are launched from a tube and maintain velocity only.

Making them stand out more visually through the sprite should be sufficient.
They Do have an engine, see these two points:
1: they home in, impossible without an engine or fancy code, and this mod was made before such fancy code was in use by modders.
2: they have an engine in their code. [I checked this before I made my earlier post]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:45:26 PM by Amazigh »

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »

Ah. It's been a while since I've played with them. I have never seen the homing behavior.

My bad.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »

Another hug problem is the Tempest outspeeds them and picks them off one by one..if only there was a weapon to stop them...the fighters are too slow to catch them...PS how do i find the log to see the code so i can report an error?

knightofni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 18, 2013, 12:32:37 AM »

Thank you, knightofni

Ni!

Yeah, even better than a shrubbery !

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 18, 2013, 02:47:40 AM »

Another hug problem is the Tempest outspeeds them and picks them off one by one..if only there was a weapon to stop them...the fighters are too slow to catch them...PS how do i find the log to see the code so i can report an error?

That's a natural advantage of the Tempest. It's speed, like any other fast frigate, lets it kite slower ships to all hell.
As for the starfarer log, well it should be called just that. Starfarer.log. Otherwise, just look for a text file in your main starfarer folder, called Starfarer. Depending on how much you play, it could be a very big file, especially if you haven't touched it otherwise in a while. Mine's actually past a GB in size.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 18, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »

If you're looking the log for a specific error, do make sure to delete your Starfarer log and then recreate the error.

Much less text to sort through.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 18, 2013, 04:46:05 AM »

that wouldnt be so bad...but why did they give a broken but expensive ship the terror drone...wouldnt it be better for a ship that actually needs it...instead they make the tempest busted....that terror drone is nearly busted but if another ship that needed it had it it would be better..like a carrier
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37