Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Standardized Language on Weapons  (Read 1726 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Standardized Language on Weapons
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 07:11:54 AM »

That still has the exact same issue. You would have to eventually display all those statistics.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2022, 08:07:40 AM »

BEFORE WE BEGIN, A WORD OF CAUTION!!
If you are perfectly pleased with how Starsector is now and where it is going, please refrain from continuing further.  Please.  Don't even read it.  Go elsewhere.  Your purity, fervor, and unshakable dedication to the cause is.... well... better used somewhere far, far away.

(Blue text is generally used by moderators when, well, moderating. Use of it like this by non-moderators can be confusing, so please don't.)

Kriby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 08:15:05 AM »

RECOIL
While recoil isn't necessarily the dictionary accurate word to use, the average player will think "My gun fires shots in a wide spread, maybe this thing that says it lowers recoil will make it fire in a narrower one." which is perfectly sufficient imo.

Hilariously, for a bit I thought recoil was referring to the firing ship being pushed back by the force of firing the weapon. Being that you have nothing to brace against in space and all.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »

Hilariously, for a bit I thought recoil was referring to the firing ship being pushed back by the force of firing the weapon. Being that you have nothing to brace against in space and all.
Same here.  Every other game I played that mentioned recoil refers to the push back caused by firing a weapon.  In some games, recoil weapons are a way to shoot and kite at the same time.

I took me a while to figure out that recoil in Starsector was a synonym for accuracy.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 09:50:58 AM »

BEFORE WE BEGIN, A WORD OF CAUTION!!
If you are perfectly pleased with how Starsector is now and where it is going, please refrain from continuing further.  Please.  Don't even read it.  Go elsewhere.  Your purity, fervor, and unshakable dedication to the cause is.... well... better used somewhere far, far away.

(Blue text is generally used by moderators when, well, moderating. Use of it like this by non-moderators can be confusing, so please don't.)
(It's also really hard to read against a dark background, heh.)
Pages: 1 [2]