Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Bizarre edge case causing modules to be overridden  (Read 326 times)

float

• Captain
    • View Profile

This is a bug that's likely never to be encountered in any standard vanilla (or modded) playthrough, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning nonetheless. The following conditions have to be met:

- You have a ship with modules
- The hint popup that says "you've made changes to the ship's loadout, but have not adjusted the weapon groups" is enabled

To reproduce the bug:

- Open the refit screen for a ship with modules
- Select and add weapons to any module
- Select a different module. The hint popup asking to adjust weapon groups should appear.
- Select "adjust weapon groups"
- Make any nontrivial adjustment (i.e. toggle autofire, change the weapon group of a single weapon)
- After confirming, click on any module
- The previously selected module should disappear and be replaced with a copy of the original module
- This can be done repeatedly, leading to some interesting results (see attached)

Even though ships with modules are not normally obtainable in vanilla, I was able to reproduce the bug in vanilla by temporarily using console commands to spawn a station, saving the game, and then disabling console commands.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Bizarre edge case causing modules to be overridden
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 12:30:23 PM »

Thank you for the report! Made a note to investigate this.