Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1 Million credit secret SPOILER bounty possible bug/feature?  (Read 1327 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
1 Million credit secret SPOILER bounty possible bug/feature?
« on: January 14, 2022, 11:00:39 AM »

So I finally came to the most annoying fight in the whole game and as I was struggling with my low tech ships, I figured I'll grab a pair of Scarabs so I can quickly capture points. But when I interacted with the fleet both of my Scarabs had 0% CR, and I couldn't deploy them. Thought that was really peculiar but hey, might've hit a storm just before and I didn't notice it. Reloaded the save but same thing. Now when I know for sure, I connected 2 and 2 and figured having a Dorito in the same fight as player ships with the exact same system might take away the novelty from it. But I'm still not 100% convinced this is intentional since there's nothing telling you this, you just drive up to the bounty and then see that your ships are now dead weight for "whatever reason".
Please don't take me too seriously.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Million credit secret SPOILER bounty possible bug/feature?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »

Odd. I didn't have any CR issues when I ran the bounty. Gonna boot up Starsector and check this out. Also, Bug Reports might be the better place to put this.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 11:16:03 AM »

That's the thing, I'm not sure it's actually a bug since it's just 2 ships, and of the same type.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 11:25:53 AM »

Hmm, that's really weird - definitely not an intended thing. I just tried it and I'm not seeing that happen. I'm not sure how it even *could*!

Supraluminal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 11:51:38 AM »

I just beat that fight for the first time yesterday and I was able to use Scarabs with no problem.

Everything ELSE about it was a problem, but no CR issues on the Scarabs at least!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 12:02:43 PM »

Well there's definitely something weird going on, 99% sure it's a bug now. I reloaded my save like 15 times now, going back to that bounty from my colony (it's fairly close) and making sure beforehand that I check the CR is fine. So it seems when you check your fleet tab in the beginning, and then don't touch it until you interact with the fleet, both Scarabs will have 0% CR. Checking it right before the bounty fleet the CR is just reduced to 40-something %, and then there's times everything goes fine. So it's reproducible just kinda wonky. For context I ordered these 2 Scarabs and then picked them up from my storage, outfitted them and went on my bussiness. They are definitely at max CR and I don't have any crew issues nor am I hitting any storms along the way.
Video showing this strange behaviour:
I apologize for random noises in the background and coughing, Nvidia Shadowplay automatically captures stuff from my mic and I'm sick af right now.

EDIT: I can send the save if that helps, although I forgot the steps to do so.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 12:17:08 PM »

Very odd. If you could send me the save that'd be great, yeah - fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.

Hope you feel better!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 12:28:37 PM »

Thanks chief  ;)

Aaaaand sent.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 12:31:07 PM »

Thank you!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 03:15:04 PM »

Oh wow, this was an interesting one. Turns out that viewing the production report would reset that ship's combat readiness to zero temporarily. You could get it back to "normal" by just hovering over and viewing its extended tooltip, for example. So the reason this was happening to you is that when pressing E to open intel, the last selected item was the production report, and it was opening to that.

Anyway, fixed this up - thank you again for the save!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2022, 01:16:27 AM »

Woah that's an awfully specific scenario, and huh that's why the Transverse jump icon was blinking sometimes, I thought I was going insane. Well glad it's fixed so fast, this was probably the weirdest bug I experienced in this game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 08:51:11 AM »

It's definitely up there!