Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] [SPOILER] minigame related crashes/issues  (Read 1587 times)

libbmaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a-RC6] [SPOILER] minigame related crashes/issues
« on: January 10, 2022, 07:44:39 PM »

Two main bug reports here:

First, pressing "F" during the duel makes your character fall down as if they died. This does not actually end the combat but DOES make it impossible for the opposing party to hit you. Since the UI can't be accessed during the minigame, this softlocks the game.

Second, I've encountered a strange crash. Steps to reproduce:

• Lose the sword duel
  • Upon completing the side quest, load a previous save
  • Lose the sword duel a second time
  • Observe a crash after trying to leave eventide

please don't ask me how I found this particular bug  :-[ I am not good at fencing.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 08:02:53 PM by Alex »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] [SPOILER] minigame related crashes/issues
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 08:04:41 PM »

Thank you for the report! (I edited the thread title because spoilers, hope you don't mind.)

Fixed up the "F" issue; that was some debug code left over. You don't happen to have a stack trace of the crash, do you? It's difficult to imagine how anything about the duel would stick around past a save reload and I'm pretty sure I've gone through that sequence of events myself (let's not talk about it), so seeing a stack trace would be really helpful here.

libbmaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 08:09:39 PM »

Thank you for the report! (I edited the thread title because spoilers, hope you don't mind.)

Fixed up the "F" issue; that was some debug code left over. You don't happen to have a stack trace of the crash, do you? It's difficult to imagine how anything about the duel would stick around past a save reload and I'm pretty sure I've gone through that sequence of events myself (let's not talk about it), so seeing a stack trace would be really helpful here.

No problem - I didn't know how much detail to put in the title lol. I guess I know the rules for spoilers now.

...How do I do a "stack trace"?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 08:49:38 PM »

After the game crashes, there will be a "stack trace" at the end of starsector.log. It'll be a section that looks like a narrower, indented column of stuff, as opposed to the more standard log text.

libbmaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 06:02:01 PM »

After the game crashes, there will be a "stack trace" at the end of starsector.log. It'll be a section that looks like a narrower, indented column of stuff, as opposed to the more standard log text.

It's weird... I'm not seeing anything. I'm attaching a screenshot of the last few lines of the log file for reference.

I should note - after attempting to leave the market screen for eventide (that you get sent to after completing the quest), the game appears to freeze: the music, however, is still playing.

If I try to click anything I get a popup saying that "Java (SE) binary not responding", and the usual options to force close or wait for the program to respond.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ProbablyLose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 03:07:23 PM »

For me, the game locked after I won the duel, I got a screen with a white border rectangle, but nothing else. Then on forcing it to go back to the desktop, when I returned to Starsector it was just a white screen.

On relaunching, reloading, and winning again, it didn't crash. Spoiler for the spoiler there is a really easy way to win. This is what the log file said when it had locked up:

780863 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
781864 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
782186 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
782186 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
784619 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Baetis to Salamanca
786872 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Yama to Cruor
786905 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Domain-era Probe, faction: independent
792413 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.SurveyPlanetMissionIntel  - Created SurveyPlanetMissionIntel: Morgoth, faction: Luddic Church
792628 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Spawning officers/admins at eventide
792628 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     officerProb: 0.5
792628 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     additionalProb: 0.1
792629 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     mercProb: 0.25
792629 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     adminProb: 0.25
792629 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -
792629 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Added officer at eventide
793698 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
793698 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
798969 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
799971 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
928810 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/misc/characterSheet00.png (using cast)
928811 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [eventide_music_fight.ogg]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:24:03 PM by ProbablyLose »

Magicswordz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 01:05:14 AM »

I have also run into the bug in the minigame, though I dont see any 'ERROR' in the log so I'll post what seems relevant.

I did some testing to try and figure out when this happens so hope this helps, and it seems to be related to using a story point (at least for me).

Firstly
Repeatedly hitting F during the fight so I could be it managed to crash the game after the fight was over.
Not a big issue if F is being removed in the next version of the game.

Second- Crashing after the fight
-Game crashes after using a story point to help you, both if you win or lose and then immediately try to leave the planet after finishing the quest.
-Encountered no crashes with the quest when not using a story mission point on it

THIRD
-using a story point and then saying "You're right, this is stupid. I'm leaving" causes the game text to say in orange "NullPointerException: null" (with and without using a story point).
-Using a story point and then leaving also caused the game to crash same as playing the minigame

Additional
-After the event pressing 1 to open coms seems to make it not crash for some reason
-Another time after the event, I repaired, looked at the inventory/market and then pressed leave and it did crash.

Log for after "normal" crash

87137 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
88138 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
88268 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
88268 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
89173 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Fikenhild to Kazeron
91267 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Spawning officers/admins at eventide
91267 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     officerProb: 0.5
91267 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     additionalProb: 0.1
91268 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     mercProb: 0.25
91268 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     adminProb: 0.25
91268 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -
91268 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Added admin at [eventide]
92771 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
92772 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
92797 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
93799 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
101187 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/misc/characterSheet00.png (using cast)
101189 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [eventide_music_fight.ogg]
101194 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.F  - Creating music buffer #5
117124 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
117125 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]

--

Log after the NullPointerException branch then crash
234177 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
235178 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
235189 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
235190 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
236272 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Cruor to Agreus
238012 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.SurveyPlanetMissionIntel  - Created SurveyPlanetMissionIntel: Epsilon Tempest I, faction: Tri-Tachyon
238367 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Spawning officers/admins at eventide
238368 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     officerProb: 0.5
238368 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     additionalProb: 0.1
238368 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     mercProb: 0.25
238368 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -     adminProb: 0.25
238368 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  -
238368 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Added admin at [eventide]
239695 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
239696 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
239932 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
240933 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
248640 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.MarketReduceRandomRep: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.MarketReduceRandomRep.execute(MarketReduceRandomRep.java:36)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Object.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Object.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.B.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.B.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
250264 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
250265 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022, 09:19:34 AM »

Thank you for the detailed report! That stack trace is very helpful, I can sort of see what might be happening.

A few follow-up questions, if you don't mind:

Is this vanilla or with mods?

Is Eventide decivilized in your game?

Did you have and the delete any contacts at Eventide?

I should be able to fix this regardless, but it might be helpful to know how the conditions for the crash came about - it doesn't happen "normally", the game has to get in some kind of state for this to go wrong.

Magicswordz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 09:09:15 AM »

Whoops sorry, I should have included that info.

No installed mods, Vanilla play through to experience the story this time around (first run on this build).
A few variables changed in settings.json (Max level, max colonies able to directly control, story points per level) if that matters.

Eventide is not decivilized.

I have only deleted a few contacts and they were all low importance and I do not believe anyone from Eventide was among them.

Let me know if you need anything else or anything else I can do to help.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2022, 09:12:43 AM »

Thank you for the info! I'm still stumped about how the conditions for this bug might've come about, then, but it's definitely fixed - well, at the very least, the one you had the stack trace for.

(Also while I was there, fixed the visual glitches for the minigame when screen scaling was set to anything other than 100%...)

mantafloppy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 09:39:40 AM »

Hi

this bug seem to still be in the game.

Version : 0.95.1a-RC6

Mod : https://imgur.com/a/6XjHEN3

Not sure what log you need, but here the end of starsector.log

https://pastebin.com/urC29M2y

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 10:49:03 AM »

Hi - thank you for the report! Based on the log, this doesn't look like the same issue. In fact, there's nothing that jumps out as being a problem in the log. Could you clarify exactly what you're seeing?

mantafloppy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 05:37:15 PM »

Basically, if I reload after a failed attempt rather than re-launch the game, after I win and try to leave the station, the game crashes.

https://imgur.com/a/7UOyANU

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 05:57:11 PM »

Hmm. Is this vanilla? If it is and you have a save where this happens reliably, I would *really* appreciate you emailing it to me, if you don't mind.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

mantafloppy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2022, 03:25:45 PM »

Its not vanilla, but only QOL mod. : https://imgur.com/a/6XjHEN3

Happen on 2 different save, same mod. Both are past that point now...

I'm startinga 3rd save now, i'll backup the save at the broken point if it happen again.

*edit*
New save, same bug, gonna email you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 06:45:56 PM by mantafloppy »
Pages: [1] 2