Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Autofit won't install ITU if DTC was already present  (Read 331 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Autofit won't install ITU if DTC was already present
« on: January 10, 2022, 03:59:17 PM »

Just noticed this one while testing some default variants for my mod via the main menu missions. If a ship in the refit screen is kitted out with Dedicated Targeting Core, and you go into Autofit, select and confirm a goal variant that has Integrated Targeting Unit, the ship will be autofitted without ITU, the remaining OP spent on capacitors/vents as applicable. Autofitting the same goal variant a second time will then install ITU properly.

It seems to not matter if the initial loadout was an autofit one, or had spare OP or not. Tried it with a couple of other ships in the mission fleet, same thing occurred. I briefly thought this could be something to do with ITU and DTC being normally incompatible, but note that in the Autofit menu, "Strip before autofitting" is ticked!

See relevant screenshots below.
Spoiler
Initial loadout, including DTC:

Choosing another loadout through Autofit. Note the goal variant I want here should have ITU.

Selected the goal variant, and the preview loadout is already missing ITU, extra OP going into vents/caps.

Confirmed autofit, final loadout is missing ITU.

[close]

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Autofit won't install ITU if DTC was already present
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 04:15:18 PM »

Sounds like it, aye!