Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.96] QoL Pack 1.2.0  (Read 146761 times)

aerosolninja

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] QoL Pack 1.1.0
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2023, 12:20:26 AM »

If you want to use this and avoid crashing the game, go into data>config>settings.json and add # before RMCAfterOverload and qolp_shieldSnapping. It should look like this:
"plugins":{
      #"qolp_RMCAfterOverload":"data.plugins.qolp_RMCAfterOverload",
      "qolp_AutoShieldAfterSystem":"data.plugins.qolp_AutoShieldAfterSystem",
      #"qolp_shieldSnapping":"data.plugins.qolp_shieldSnapping",
      "qolp_systemNotify":"data.plugins.qolp_systemNotify",
   },
It will disable shield features, but will allow to load the game.
Thank you!
Likewise, thank you!  This is a great mod.

Famelhaut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2023, 08:01:30 PM »

Hi! Do you plan on updating this mod?

Elkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2023, 12:33:57 AM »

I couldn't live without this mod so i patched the Jar file: here

Technical Details
If PureTilt returns: The fix is very simple, the function 'processInputPreCoreControls' in classes 'qolp_RMCAfterOverload' and 'qolp_shieldSnapping' has a nulllcheck that reads:
Code
if (engine.getPlayerShip() == null) return;
change to:
Code
if (engine == null || engine.getPlayerShip() == null) return;
[close]

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2023, 03:54:14 AM »

Technical Details
If PureTilt returns: The fix is very simple, the function 'processInputPreCoreControls' in classes 'qolp_RMCAfterOverload' and 'qolp_shieldSnapping' has a nulllcheck that reads:
Code
change to:
Code
[close]

Much appreciated

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2023, 09:21:17 AM »

based bootleg patcher

Technical Details
Code
change to:
Code
[close]

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2023, 12:47:14 AM »

Have you considered adding a feature that holds the ship, instead of facing directly where the cursor is at, it can face offset to the cursor, like 90 degrees to the left or right of the bearing of the cursor to the ship? This would help a lot when piloting broadsiders, you keep the mouse at the enemy and ur ship faces left of the enemy so all guns can point at the enemy.

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2023, 03:50:14 AM »

Not sure if this is still getting updated,  but I have one request. Would be possible if the autosalvage ability did not function if there was an enemy fleet close by, as in I would temporarily turn off until the enemy fleet was out of range then go back on?
Basically what happens when the autosalavage is on and an enemy fleet is  close, it will go to the salvage screen, but it won't let you salvage due to the enemy. You leave the screen and the autosalavage takes you right back into the screen, and it will keep doing this until the enemy is far enough away which could take a long time.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2023, 04:28:28 AM »

The auto shield function is a must have for any ship with a phase skimmer. Hope this gets updated!

Tale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2023, 11:35:14 AM »

Hello, your mod is in need, need to update pls

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2023, 08:46:48 PM »

Technical Details
Code
change to:
Code
[close]

How does it work? I replaced the jar file with yours and it still doesn't work. :/

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2023, 01:01:18 PM »

Technical Details
Code
change to:
Code
[close]
Virus alert, could be a false positive:

The patched .jar was working well for me until Windows Defender marked it as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl and deleted it from my system. Trying to redownload the patched .jar in Chrome results in the download failing due to a virus alert. I can scan the unpatched QoLPack.jar file with Windows Defender and nothing happens

Edit: VirusTotal doesn't show anything wrong with the patched .jar for what it's worth
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 01:33:25 PM by Jang »

Malorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2023, 11:14:36 PM »

Technical Details
Code
change to:
Code
[close]
Virus alert, could be a false positive:

The patched .jar was working well for me until Windows Defender marked it as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl and deleted it from my system. Trying to redownload the patched .jar in Chrome results in the download failing due to a virus alert. I can scan the unpatched QoLPack.jar file with Windows Defender and nothing happens

Edit: VirusTotal doesn't show anything wrong with the patched .jar for what it's worth

There's something a little odd about the patched file. It's 3kb larger, and a comparison of the unfolded file shows a META-INF folder and a COM folder in the patched version that doesn't exist in the normal version. Perhaps an artifact of whatever was used to edit the file...or something else. I'm not an expert and have no idea what this implies, it may just be a relic of whatever program was used to edit the jar file.

To be fair, I'm not seeing any anti-virus response at all, despite scanning it with four different programs. So...probably fine, I dunno. I'm going to try copying over the data section manually, removing the COM and META-INF folders just to be safe.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 11:24:26 PM by Malorn »

Meeps

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] QoL Pack 1.2.0
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2023, 12:40:52 PM »

Glad to see this mod getting a 0.96a update! Thanks for keeping this up and going ^w^

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2023, 07:33:01 AM »

How do I disable having "Transponder Off in Hyperspace"? Looked at the .ini files, it didn't look simple.

Having the transponder automatically turn off is sometimes getting me in trouble with faction patrols. Transverse jumps, the transponder doesn't automatically turn back on. And I'll forget to manually turn it back on.

Also it seems like a patrol will see me in hyperspace with the transponder off and follow me down into normal space to get me.

Normally, I only go transponder off if I'm out exploring.

justnewaccount3131

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2023, 07:48:24 AM »

How do I disable having "Transponder Off in Hyperspace"? Looked at the .ini files, it didn't look simple.

Having the transponder automatically turn off is sometimes getting me in trouble with faction patrols. Transverse jumps, the transponder doesn't automatically turn back on. And I'll forget to manually turn it back on.

Also it seems like a patrol will see me in hyperspace with the transponder off and follow me down into normal space to get me.

Normally, I only go transponder off if I'm out exploring.

start starsector. -> upper left corner before loading a save "mod settings" -> go to QoL and set this to false
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5