Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.96] QoL Pack 1.2.0  (Read 146755 times)

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] QoL Pack 1.0.1
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 08:09:27 AM »

Lots of great functions here, definitely improved my QoL. But I've got a couple suggestions regarding way shield/phase deployment interacts with the ship system.

First off, I'd suggest a functionality similar to how overloading handles it, meaning if I input right click while my system is active, only then would the shield reactivate after the system expires (otherwise remaining off). A lot of the time I'd prefer my defenses stay down after the system expires.

Secondly, and this feels like a bug, if your shields are active when activating a ship system with a duration (that does not disable shields), manually disabling them while the system is active still causes them to come back up after the system expires. Often this leaves you with the feeling that you're fighting against the controls.

Edit: unrelated, but "OffTextColor" is misspelled in the ini file and qolp_systemNotify.init() is causing a non-fatal exception
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 12:25:02 PM by Mr_8000 »

Sanguine Chalice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2022, 04:08:47 PM »

I like most of the mod, but I can't find the configuration to turn off the setting making it so when you have high flux I turn off my shields. Then without me pressing anything they raise shields again causing me to overload when there is no good reason to have shields up.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2022, 09:56:05 AM »

i was wondering why i get "OffTextColor" error in console

and then i noticed `QolPack.ini` in the archive download has
Code
"OffeTextColor":[255,0,0,0],

just typo to fix :)

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 06:29:35 AM »

These are amazing.  Thankyou so much.

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 07:04:40 PM »

I love this mod. Some truly essential additions to relieve some headaches and add a bit more to battle tactics.

Egren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2022, 10:32:45 AM »

Some good stuff in here. As a chronic shift-key user I especially like the shield orientation options.

BTW I'm having issues with your ko-fi dono link. Tried sending a few bucks through PayPal but I'm getting "The merchant isn't able to accept PayPal payments at this time.". I have never interacted with ko-fi before, so I have no idea if the issue is on my end or not, but I sent money through PayPal just earlier today without issue. I don't regularly check replies on this forum; better odds to message me on discord (my forum name + #7651) if you have a solution.

PureTilt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2022, 03:30:41 AM »

Some good stuff in here. As a chronic shift-key user I especially like the shield orientation options.

BTW I'm having issues with your ko-fi dono link. Tried sending a few bucks through PayPal but I'm getting "The merchant isn't able to accept PayPal payments at this time.". I have never interacted with ko-fi before, so I have no idea if the issue is on my end or not, but I sent money through PayPal just earlier today without issue. I don't regularly check replies on this forum; better odds to message me on discord (my forum name + #7651) if you have a solution.

Russian PayPal accounts are frozen right now, cant do anything about it but wait for situation to resolve.

Alexey Skywalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2022, 01:28:13 PM »

Would it be possible to hide the clock when pressing F11 like the rest of the UI?

WiC2021

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2022, 09:48:01 AM »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do i turn off and on these features?

Like i see story point and non story point salvageable ships on one page, but dont see a clock.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2022, 08:33:01 AM »

Awesome mod, lot's of great QoL additions. Finally, I don't feel obligated to put "Shield Conversion front" on every ship with omni shields I want to pilot myself =)

I like most of the mod, but I can't find the configuration to turn off the setting making it so when you have high flux I turn off my shields. Then without me pressing anything they raise shields again causing me to overload when there is no good reason to have shields up.

I'm having the same issue here. I've overloaded on several occasions because my shields randomly turned on automatically when I turned them off before.

Edit: I tried setting EnableAutoShieldOnAfterOverload to false in the settings, but it doesn't seem to solve the issue.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 09:37:32 AM by DesperatePeter »

Alices

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2022, 04:27:10 PM »

I like the mod, but the clock on the top left is pretty useless since I'm from a country that uses a twelve hour system. Is there a way to change the clock to that?

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] QoL Pack 1.1.0
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2022, 02:10:15 AM »

I'd like to suggest some ideas for Omni Shield Assist, first one is two models, vanilla behavior, and AI behavior, one is just stick shield to crosshair, and second make shield work independently like it does on AI vessels.

And second one is improvement idea of snap if target mode, remove snap when target is destroyed, since this target posses no danger there is no need to lead it, and occasionally it causes some missiles hit the ship because shield was snapped to destroyed target and it flew somewhere further away of other enemies and thus rotating shield away.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2022, 02:23:46 AM »

Thanks for the great mod, QoL is da best.

I like the mod, but the clock on the top left is pretty useless since I'm from a country that uses a twelve hour system. Is there a way to change the clock to that?
Are you for real? Just subtract 12... o.O

PureTilt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2022, 11:47:57 AM »

I'd like to suggest some ideas for Omni Shield Assist, first one is two models, vanilla behavior, and AI behavior, one is just stick shield to crosshair, and second make shield work independently like it does on AI vessels.

And second one is improvement idea of snap if target mode, remove snap when target is destroyed, since this target posses no danger there is no need to lead it, and occasionally it causes some missiles hit the ship because shield was snapped to destroyed target and it flew somewhere further away of other enemies and thus rotating shield away.

you can enabled vanilla behavior by just setting snap mod to none (press button of current mode) for AI shield i need to write AI for it cant use vanilla AI for it, will make snap lose target if it dies in next update

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »

Just had some weird behavior while trying to save after just refitting my entire fleet. Manual save attempt gave me a null error, and trying it again killed the game. First error in the logs was pretty vague, but the second one seemed to point to this mod?

First error: (bottom block kept repeating)
https://gist.github.com/xPXpanD/182f71316bd7d9da47a5b02c941744aa

Second error: (the one that refers to this pack, and the one that actually seems to have caused the second try crash)
https://gist.github.com/xPXpanD/0ccb1e08e293d75b2e630b12dc783008

I have a feeling something else broke and took this mod with it, but figured this may be worth reporting anyways. Version 1.1, fresh install (no old files), added to a running campaign with no issues until now. Auto-scavenge was turned on, and I just came out of my Console Commands storage world UI.

(had to upload the logs elsewhere as it wouldn't let me post otherwise)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5