Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question on Ballistic Hullmods  (Read 1431 times)

Hal900x

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Question on Ballistic Hullmods
« on: January 03, 2022, 06:06:14 PM »

I've got myself a Lasher that I'm testing out ballistic hullmods with. I have 2x Light Assault guns, 1x Light Needler plus some SRMs and Vulcans. So, will the range of the ballistic hardpoint stuff that show up on the tooltip include the built-in Ballistic Rangefinder? It doesn't seem to, so I have no way of knowing if the Integrated Target Unit I added is extending range any further. I'm not experienced enough to look at the reticle and figure it out, but it seems not to have extended it much, if at all.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Ballistic Hullmods
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 06:10:28 PM »

Unfortunately no range increases are included in the tooltip. With both ITU and the rangefinder, on a Lasher you are looking at 880 range guns (for the normally 700 range ones).

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 09:50:49 AM »

Range increases do stack, but you'll never see the numbers reflect it, sadly.  If your eyes are keen you might notice the weapon arcs reflect the change though; it's harder to eyeball with smaller base ranges but it is there.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 11:20:26 PM »

Something you can do to see how the range changed is to put the weapon in the same group as something that isn't affected by the range change, such as missiles. You can then compare the weapon range with the missile range.

Just be sure to set the weapon groups back to what they should be before you actually try to fight with the ship.