Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best CH candidates and LPC's  (Read 1721 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Best CH candidates and LPC's
« on: January 01, 2022, 06:44:15 PM »

What's the best ships for mounting Converted Hangars and what LPC's do you use for them?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Nimiety

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Best CH candidates and LPC's
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 06:52:27 PM »

Buffalo mk2's are the cheapest carrier in the game when mounted with converted hangars, and can carry a full load of harpoons and a salamander or two at the same time. They are awesome.

Mining pods or other PD interceptor on shrikes can provide some PD and save the shrike the flux stress of having to defend itself against missiles.

Mules, since they are everywhere and can mount some other long range support weapons like HVDs and salamanders.

But in general,  my opinion is converted hangars is mostly for that awkward earlygame period where you can't afford/find carriers yet and so just convert a few mules/shrikes/ whatever to field a limited fighter support squad until you pick up something better.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 07:02:23 PM »

anything with rugged construction is good, it halves the debuffs of CH (but limits you to drone LPCs, afaik only the explorarium drones can take CH & have RC), though idk if this is even intentional
as for the lpcs, you could probably stack dupport doctrine and derelict operation spam for flash spam of biblical proportions

SethMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 11:23:30 PM »

Actually I managed to build a rather nasty Sunder with Converted Hangar that carried a Xyphos wing... I only keep two in my fleet and I've not seen one disabled yet. They only have a tachyon lance and two graviton beams for offense but they make for great beam support destroyers that I've paired well with a manticore bringing a Gauss Cannon to the fight. Not seen one of the manticore go down either... That is the power of the Xyphos wing and why those wings costs so many OP. But it can be worth it.
 But otherwise I've used mining drones, wasps and Sparks in converted hangars. I've also used them on pirate falcons but CH is best on a destroyer since larger classes cost more but don't get additional hangars, although I wish it did then I might consider it on more cruisers and even a few capitals.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 01:18:07 PM »

Enforcer is a classic: cheap to deploy, good amount of missiles, lots of OP for its size to absorb the hullmod cost, built like a brick with lots of PD, and a moderately effective gun platform too. It can be recovered many times because while the D mods will degrade its gun offense and defense, the missiles and hangar maintain effectiveness.

Xyphos was in the past my choice for it even though it was very expensive, and now its even more expensive, but I think it would still be effective. Mining pods, wasps, and broadswords are also good candidates in my opinion.

SethMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 06:29:54 PM »

It also depends on what you want the ship to accomplish. If being an EMP monster is your goal then take fighters that deal emp damage like the thunder. There is no one fighter craft that is always the best.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:21:06 PM by SethMK »