Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining  (Read 115447 times)

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2022, 10:26:25 PM »

It's not a big mod, so when compressed, I guess it's just that small?

Edit: No, I simply forgot to actually put the src in the zip 'XD

Here we go again:

Thank you very much, sir. I have translate your mod into Chinese and updated it to this, https://www.fossic.org/thread-5646-1-1.html.
I hope we can cooperate next time.
Small but important update that fixes a few incorrect texts (such as the ruins tracker only ever showing 0%), but also a big glitch that basically made story points useless in certain situations. Here's the modified source file:

I see, thank you very much.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2022, 11:32:43 AM »

You changed the cap from 99% to 75%?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2022, 12:36:34 PM »

Worse I'm afraid, that's the decay cap.

Now, by default at least, it'll decay down to 25% before looping back to 99%.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2022, 09:00:28 PM »

Why is that?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2022, 12:31:31 AM »

Because I actually got time to plag with it and...

It was boring.
I found a single Widespread or Vast Ruins, plopped down a Tech-Mining industry, story-pointed it, and all I had to do was wait.

Reducing the produce to a more drawn out cycle encouraged continued exploration - finding more worlds with ruins so I could alleviate some of the downtime.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2022, 07:36:57 AM »

I have a question, when other mods have added special items, can they be obtained through this mod's tech mining?

IronLeg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2022, 03:14:28 AM »

Because I actually got time to plag with it and...

It was boring.
I found a single Widespread or Vast Ruins, plopped down a Tech-Mining industry, story-pointed it, and all I had to do was wait.

Reducing the produce to a more drawn out cycle encouraged continued exploration - finding more worlds with ruins so I could alleviate some of the downtime.

Good design Yunru.  It has achieved exactly that.

It's exciting and fun yet, not good enough to ruin exploring. ;)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2022, 03:47:02 AM »

This was a good change.
Has it also been incorporated into Yunru Industries?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2022, 05:26:32 AM »

Has it also been incorporated into Yunru Industries?
Naturally. SBTM is actually just Industries with the extra industries removed, if you want a peek behind the curtain.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2022, 10:41:26 AM »

Thank you, much appreciated.

Landgull

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2022, 11:07:52 AM »

I have a question, when other mods have added special items, can they be obtained through this mod's tech mining?
No, because this mod overrides the old tech mining industry as far as I understand. But patching whatever mods you're using for compatibility takes 5 minutes. I use DIY planets and Industrial Evolution and have both set up to work with Slightly Better Tech-Mining

For each mod go to data/campaign/procgen/drop_groups for the mod you want to add and copy the entries with the group column "rare_tech" to a new set of rows in the same excel document. Then change the "groups" column for the duplicate entries to yunru_techmining

I find the rare_tech drop rates are about appropriate for the vanilla drop rates, but they can be adjusted up or down. Higher = more.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2022, 01:38:40 PM »

No, because this mod overrides the old tech mining industry as far as I understand. But patching whatever mods you're using for compatibility takes 5 minutes. I use DIY planets and Industrial Evolution and have both set up to work with Slightly Better Tech-Mining

For each mod go to data/campaign/procgen/drop_groups for the mod you want to add and copy the entries with the group column "rare_tech" to a new set of rows in the same excel document. Then change the "groups" column for the duplicate entries to yunru_techmining

I find the rare_tech drop rates are about appropriate for the vanilla drop rates, but they can be adjusted up or down. Higher = more.
Don't know how I missed that one. To expand on what you said:
Items for said mods would still potentially appear, as the random parts of tech-mining were left untouched. However, they would probably appear at a reduced rate (especially compared to other colony items) without the quoted changes.

Kumanix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2022, 02:07:18 AM »

Can somebody explain easier how to add specials from other mods?

I tried to add those from IE but couldn't

I copied the rows of items from drop_groups.csv from IE folder then insert now rows in drop_group.csv in YM to put those in but the IE specials didn't showed up in techmining result. I did it With both excel and Notepad++

WHat did i do wrong?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:09:12 AM by Kumanix »

Landgull

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2022, 09:57:01 AM »

I copied the rows of items from drop_groups.csv from IE folder then insert now rows in drop_group.csv in YM to put those in but the IE specials didn't showed up in techmining result. I did it With both excel and Notepad++

WHat did i do wrong?
Did you change the "groups" tag to "yunru_techmining"? Also, IE just had a big update so I don't know if my method works with the new version.

I probably shouldn't be posting my hack workarounds on someone's actual mod topic. My apologies Yunru if I am stepping on any toes, and thank you for the mod.

Kumanix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2022, 06:51:25 AM »

WHat did i do wrong?
Did you change the "groups" tag to "yunru_techmining"? Also, IE just had a big update so I don't know if my method works with the new version.

I probably shouldn't be posting my hack workarounds on someone's actual mod topic. My apologies Yunru if I am stepping on any toes, and thank you for the mod.
Thanks. It is all good now.

I am one of the unlucky stuck with3.0 for now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7