Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining  (Read 114206 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2022, 06:44:55 AM »

The nothing modifier should just be a fallback, since the loot is generated based on total value, and nothing's value is, well, nothing.

ErikaSupreme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2022, 03:34:21 AM »

I've built three tech mining facilities on three planets, with alpha cores and story point improvements but I don't get any actual notification at the end of the month of anything produced nor do I get anything at the storage of the colony where things are sent to.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2022, 03:52:40 AM »

I've built three tech mining facilities on three planets, with alpha cores and story point improvements but I don't get any actual notification at the end of the month of anything produced nor do I get anything at the storage of the colony where things are sent to.
Are you using the latest version?
There was a bug in one of the old versions where there'd be no production, but the chances of you grabbing that version...

ErikaSupreme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2022, 05:15:55 AM »

Are you using the latest version?
There was a bug in one of the old versions where there'd be no production, but the chances of you grabbing that version...
I'll redownload again just to make sure, but it was only a month ago I downloaded the mod.

For reference, the other mods I'm using are:
Code
A New Level of Confidence
Adjustable Skill Thresholds
Adjusted Sector
Console Commands
DIY Planets
Dynamic Tariffs
Fast Engine Rendering
Grand Colonies
Interesting Portrait Pack
LazyLib
MagicLib
Neutrino Detector Mk II
Nexerelin
Objects Analysis
Stellar Networks
Terraforming & Station Construction
WhichMod
Modified Industy Requirements
Graphics Lib
Ship Catalogue/Varient Editor

EDIT: Redownloading it seems to have fixed the problem, so maybe I just got really unlucky with the version I downloaded.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 05:28:56 AM by ErikaSupreme »

Mechanist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2022, 01:45:11 AM »

Mod update check on this mod it's linking Yunru Core+ thread instead.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2022, 05:10:43 AM »

Any chance of a straight version 95? I don't know how much work that will entail so if it's more than a minute sorry for asking.  ;D -- I just got v95 setup to my liking days before .1 dropped and not really inspired to redownload over 30, or give up mods that haven't been updated.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2022, 06:29:56 AM »

Any chance of a straight version 95? I don't know how much work that will entail so if it's more than a minute sorry for asking.  ;D -- I just got v95 setup to my liking days before .1 dropped and not really inspired to redownload over 30, or give up mods that haven't been updated.
It should work fine if you just change the modinfo file, but I hold no liability if it does somehow cause a crash.

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2022, 01:57:13 PM »

I plopped down a planetary settlement on a world with Vast Ruins, placed an alpha core and made an improvement to stop depletion. I have seen plenty of corrupted nanoforges, colony items of all kinds, a bunch of weapons, and many many blueprints. But not a single superweapon.

I am using the latest version of both this mod and the superweapons mod. On the superweapons mod, the weapons .csv has the tags for sw_techmining, and this mod's drop list has the sw_techmining tags. The colony has been plodding along for over 80 months now.

Am I just supremely unlucky?

Oh also, the colony is located one of the core systems, I'm paying protection money to the local polity to keep existing.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2022, 05:11:00 PM »

The superweapons are about as rare as a pristine nanoforge. One thing that can make it more common is to learn the blueprints as, if I'm remembering correctly, it won't drop blueprints that you've already learned.

The size of the colony also has an impact on how much stuff you get, and thus also your chances of getting any one item in a given amount of time.

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2022, 10:59:18 AM »

I'd like to reiterate that concern. I've been running three Vast tech-mining planets (all SP-upgraded and alpha-cored) for several years and still have yet to see a superweapon to drop. Mira says some of them are made to be as common as a tachyon lance and those 7 pristine nanoforges that I'm looking at are definately less common than the lances.
RNG does not favor me this time.
Edit: oh, two prisitine nanoforges in a single month. Great catch!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 11:17:56 AM by DrTechman42 »

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2022, 10:34:11 PM »

This is one of the rare mods I've installed that feels like you could slam it with zero nuance into the vanilla game with no drawbacks. It essentially turns Techmining into what you think it's going to be - i.e. plying the ruins deeper, over time to get more interesting and powerful stuff - before you find out what it is, which you might as well call dumpster diving instead. It finally feels worth the industry slot.

Challtdow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2022, 07:11:42 AM »

Hello, I'm trying to download the mod, but I just get a blank screen on the google drive page.  Do you have any other download links?
Download worked finally.  Really enjoying the mod.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 04:15:55 AM by Challtdow »

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2022, 10:02:57 AM »

I'd like to reiterate that concern. I've been running three Vast tech-mining planets (all SP-upgraded and alpha-cored) for several years and still have yet to see a superweapon to drop. Mira says some of them are made to be as common as a tachyon lance and those 7 pristine nanoforges that I'm looking at are definately less common than the lances.
RNG does not favor me this time.
Edit: oh, two prisitine nanoforges in a single month. Great catch!

Nope, it was just the RNG that was messing with me. Got a couple of superweapons soon afterwards. Rarer than I thought, but there is no problem with the mod.

mlight9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2022, 07:23:18 AM »

This is true tech-mining... You save my much time. thx.

GodsDonBleed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2022, 02:20:09 AM »

Hey so I have the same issue as the guy above, where one tech mine works and produces stuff, but the other one on another planet doesn't, with or without improvement.

I have the latest core library and the latest version as well so was wondering what went wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7