Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining  (Read 115677 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining
« on: December 31, 2021, 02:19:29 PM »

Tech-Mining. It's... an industry.
It's an industry that gives you diminishing returns of items you want, and decent credits-worth of... useless materials that other industries supply in vaster quantities.

So let's change that.
First up: No more trash! Fuel? Supplies? Metal? Transplutonics? Volatiles? Out the window! Now you get more of the other items, but still the same total value.
Second of all: Story points? On a diminishing returns industry? No good. So goodbye +25% bonus, and hello no depletion! Give your tech mine a story point and that ruin's as good as... freshly ruined?

Additionally, the exact level of depletion, should it be present, is now trackable in the industry's tooltip!

Now with two modes: Depletion floor, and depletion reset, configurable in... the config.

Safe to add to saves (although any existing tech mines will need rebuilding), unfortunately not safe to remove from saves, and now compatible with Better Colonies!

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 08:39:58 PM »

Thank you! And Happy New Year!

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 11:37:16 AM »

Usually I just change it to a Structure instead of an Industry, which always made more sense to me as something temporary, but I guess this works too.  ;)

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 03:27:48 PM »

Usually I just change it to a Structure instead of an Industry, which always made more sense to me as something temporary, but I guess this works too.  ;)
I agree but, if it was a Structure, then this would be a 'Better Tech-Mining' mod instead of a 'Slightly Better Tech-Mining' mod.

Norath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 11:13:11 PM »

When you say hello "no depletion!" Im guessing it resets it to 100% not lock it to 100% ?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 11:46:19 PM »

When you say hello "no depletion!" Im guessing it resets it to 100% not lock it to 100% ?
I think yes, you refresh the 100%

Norath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 07:10:26 AM »

It actually locks it to 99%, just enough to not trigger first time bonuses.

Thats perfect  :)

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 10:23:31 AM »

First your mod is a fantastic idea. Tech mining felt very underwhelming baring the occasional stroke of luck and bloated planet inventory with resources mostly useless at this point. And the depletion counter is very handy.

Question though : is it intentional for me to find really powerful stuff very frequently ? First draw on big ruins - "Extensive ruins" - and I got a corrupted nanoforge. I thought maybe begginer's luck and all that. Then later on lots of hull mods and blueprints, sometimes two or three at a time, and even later on a bioforge factory item ... Same planet at a couple month interval. I'm using Tartiflette's Unknown Skies by the way.

I like your mod a lot on paper but this just offered me some of the best items for this playthrough and I felt like I did not really deserve them yet. Was I unbelievably lucky or is it working as intended ?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 12:30:34 PM »

If you've story pointed it, then yes, that's to be expected. If you've not got a story point invested, and it's been say half a year, then there might be something to look at.

Mind you, extensive ruins is also second only to Vast, so you should be getting a lot out of it in the first place.

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 02:47:59 PM »

If you've story pointed it, then yes, that's to be expected

Nope. Just after I built it the very first batch was lotsa stuff and the corrupted nanoforge. Then I frequently got 2 or more hullmods and/or blueprints per month mixed with more mundane stuff. A bit much, but as you said good ruins and all that.

Maybe a half cycle later I then got a biofactory, then very soon after (couple month maybe ?) a cryoarithmmetic thingy and the month just after that another cryo-wosname. The meter says 50-ish percent tapped.

I know those are good ruins but that good ..?

EDIT I forgot : there is an Alpha Core slotted in. The nanoforge I got without and all the rest came while the core was present.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 04:36:32 PM by TontonBoo »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 01:49:36 AM »

EDIT I forgot : there is an Alpha Core slotted in. The nanoforge I got without and all the rest came while the core was present.
An alpha core boosts finds by 25%, which would explain it: Your ruins are basically only at 75% depletion. Combine that with a lot of the value no longer being trash drops...

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 03:19:42 AM »

are 0.95.1 and 0.95.1a the same ? or different?
asking because i was wondering if i could add it to my ongoing 0.95.1a save and your mod doesn't have the (a) at the end

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 04:53:45 AM »

are 0.95.1 and 0.95.1a the same ? or different?
asking because i was wondering if i could add it to my ongoing 0.95.1a save and your mod doesn't have the (a) at the end
Yes.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 07:28:30 AM »

I was looking to implement a similar feature in Superweapons so that tech mining can result in some of them overtime, if you can write a script to check if my mod is added and generate Superweapons for the user that would be great, i would recommend people to use your mod alongside mine.
^^
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7