Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining  (Read 115779 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1] Slightly Better Tech-Mining
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 08:37:25 AM »

First your mod is a fantastic idea. Tech mining felt very underwhelming baring the occasional stroke of luck and bloated planet inventory with resources mostly useless at this point. And the depletion counter is very handy.

Question though : is it intentional for me to find really powerful stuff very frequently ? First draw on big ruins - "Extensive ruins" - and I got a corrupted nanoforge. I thought maybe begginer's luck and all that. Then later on lots of hull mods and blueprints, sometimes two or three at a time, and even later on a bioforge factory item ... Same planet at a couple month interval. I'm using Tartiflette's Unknown Skies by the way.

I like your mod a lot on paper but this just offered me some of the best items for this playthrough and I felt like I did not really deserve them yet. Was I unbelievably lucky or is it working as intended ?

Corrupted nanoforge is fairly  common. The truly rare stuff can only be found in certain places, and the rare stuff is still fairly rare from techmining.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 10:13:17 AM »

I was looking to implement a similar feature in Superweapons so that tech mining can result in some of them overtime, if you can write a script to check if my mod is added and generate Superweapons for the user that would be great, i would recommend people to use your mod alongside mine.
If you could give them a unique tag, it would be of great help.

I can't promise immediate results, because I'll have to learn how to check for other mods 'XD

Edit: Actually, you could always add them to the yunru_techmining drop group, that way it's completely under your control?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 12:43:54 AM »

Edit: Actually, you could always add them to the yunru_techmining drop group, that way it's completely under your control?
How can i "add them" ? just give them "yunru_techmining" tag ?
^^

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2022, 12:53:45 AM »

How can i "add them" ? just give them "yunru_techmining" tag ?
For adding a unique tag, just... Do that. Where they have "LR, ke18" etc or the likes, just put... IDK, mira_sw.

For adding them to the drop group, I'll get back to that once I'm at computer.

Update: The easiest way to work out the drop group is to copy the drop_groups.csv in the mod's data/campaign/procgen, add them how you want (personally I'd use the random weapon with tag), and then delete the rest (to avoid overwrites).

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2022, 11:52:04 AM »

I will give all the weapons that i'd like to drop in Tech mining "sw_techmining" and would leave the rest to you, right now i am working on a big update, will take a while to finish, but you can work it as if the tag was already there.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2022, 01:08:15 PM »

Okay! How rare do you want them be compared to, say, a Pristine Nanoforge?
Just as rare i would say.
^^

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 03:52:36 PM »

Somewhere between 15 and 20 months of mining a vast ruin, I got my first superweapon :D

Update: Between 25 and 30 months got a second (ironically, I still haven't seen a Pristine Nanoforge). Technically not enough of a sample size still, buuuut, is that to your tastes?

(If you're wondering why the multiples of five, I had five vast ruins to help speed things up.)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2022, 06:09:48 PM »

Somewhere between 15 and 20 months of mining a vast ruin, I got my first superweapon :D

Update: Between 25 and 30 months got a second (ironically, I still haven't seen a Pristine Nanoforge). Technically not enough of a sample size still, buuuut, is that to your tastes?

(If you're wondering why the multiples of five, I had five vast ruins to help speed things up.)
Assuming people can spam tech mining industries on multiple planets (let's say 3 on average) that's 1 superweapon every ~6 months, i'd say double the drop rate and we are good to go.
^^

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 01:49:37 PM »

I changed mine to 5% depletion, which is good enough - and made it not be an industry because, it's not.
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 12:02:48 PM »

When you were assigning values for the drop chances did you use pre-existing values as base or just wing it? I made a patch for another mod I use and had field day tweaking it so it wasn't too underpowered on the low end and too overpowered on the higher end. Vast ruins make my head hurt.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2022, 07:22:19 PM »

It's mostly just play it by ear until it feels right. I have a test save with five ruins for each size so as to get a rough average for what drops.

And then you have to learn to discount Corrupted Nanoforges, because the untouched parts of tech-mining shed them faster than a christmas tree does needles after winter.

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 04:23:39 AM »

Yeah, I didn't use multiple ruins but I had a speed up mod and set the world times ten and sat at the same planet for hours irl, testing all ruins with sp- without sp, core, no core, all or none. It was a trial though. Eventually I got it just right. Still there are a few months on vast where two corrupted nanos spawn.

Edit:
Also the nothing modifier applies the chance for nothing to occur in that group right? And does this outright overwrite other mods or do I need to make addendums to their respective group files? Thanks for the hard work, Love the mod. Forgot to say that in the last post.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:35:22 AM by ArkaneKannon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7