Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Illustrated.Entities 1.2.b - Custom colony images and descriptions  (Read 90750 times)

Kingofchebureki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Illustrated.Entities 1.2.a - Custom colony images and descriptions
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2023, 11:01:01 PM »

No wait, I got it. Task manager says I have 8GB of video memory, not dedicated but my game seems to run fine with the mod enabled. lol.

PentiumF0ur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2023, 10:02:16 AM »

I haven't posted any issues yet, but there is a first for everything!

I am running Illustrated.Entities 1.2.a with about 30 other mods on Steamdeck. Yesterday I started experiencing crashes fairly often. After saving, leaving a station, closing menus, transverse jumping, etc.. The error would seem to indicate it is related to Illustrated.Entities.

Using Illustrated.Entities 1.2.a, on Steamdeck using Proton to run the windows executable. I tried to attach the .log file but it appears to not let me attach the full file. Please see the bottom few lines of that log file. I hope this excerpt can help, let me know if I can or should provide other code context.

If anyone has any idea what the issue is I would love to understand what might be going on. Somewhat related, if there is any guide to assessing and diagnosing mod issues, I would love that type of reference material.

Thanks!

From .log file:

182418 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.swapStationSprite(boggledTools.java:1009)
   at data.campaign.econ.conditions.Sprite_Controller.advance(Sprite_Controller.java:101)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

chasseurghost1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2024, 06:55:17 AM »

Hello !  :)

I am very new to this forum and I registered to communicate a problem I encountered. I hope you can help me it would be great !

Can I add my own images?
Sure! It's probably easiest to just replace an existing one, but if you want to make the effort, just add the image in the correct 480x300px, RGB-8, .png format in the mod folder, and add the line in image_data.csv. Add at least one "required" tag so the image shows up, and presto!

I tried to follow those requirement but it seems the mod doesn't see my pictures, I don't understand why because I did put them in 480x300px with RGB-8 and in png format and added the ID in image_data.csv and did added a tag, the pictures are in the "images" file in graphics.

I don't know what or where I did wrong, I don't understand.

How did you do it ? I'm using Adobe Photoshop 2021 to make my pictures acceptable in those requirement, could the problem come from there ?

Captain_Dingaling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2024, 03:10:48 AM »

this is too good! thanks for making this boss!

Cooi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2024, 10:38:04 AM »

Spoiler
1167592 [Thread-3] INFO  illustratedEntities.plugins.ModPlugin  - removing image from Delta Universiforge
1167592 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Cleaning up music with id [Seeking_Answers.ogg]
1167604 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
1167707 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating streaming player for music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
1167707 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
1168436 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.swapStationSprite(boggledTools.java:990)
   at data.campaign.econ.conditions.Sprite_Controller.advance(Sprite_Controller.java:101)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

So i keep getting that error there at the same time every time i load the game. Delta Universiforge is a player station i changed the icon for, Is that what's causing the issue? It may be that it was made as a mining station from TASC. Thanks if you do notice and fix Mr. Sir Hartely, very nice mod.
Edited bc i made a few spelling mistakes.

Alices

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2024, 12:01:39 AM »

Some of these images already are a bit outdated in terms of AI art.
Really would appreciate an overhaul with higher-quality ones sometime down the road.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2024, 04:55:12 AM »

I agree, they were made with an outdated model (Midjourney V1 or V2 iirc).

The problem is that I made them when my life was less ***, and I was able to spend a good 40 active work hours just sorting images, which is time I don't have anymore if I don't want to starve. I will absolutely take contributions and implement them if offered, but I can't promise immediate updates on the images by myself.

Sorry I don't have better news.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Illustrated.Entities 1.2.b - Custom colony images and descriptions
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2024, 03:21:27 PM »

SAVE COMPATIBLE

Download
Requires LazyLib

There are currently no known compatibility issues with other mods.

Integrated with Version Checker
Supports Unknown Skies planet types

Version patch, no changes.

Change Log
1.2.b
  • Adjusted - 0.97 compatibility
[close]

nuker1110

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Illustrated.Entities 1.2.b - Custom colony images and descriptions
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2024, 12:24:10 AM »

If possible, could we get a way to force a line/paragraph break without leaving a blank line in the UI?

I wasn't able to fit the description I wanted without mashing paragraphs together.

DawnOfWolfy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Illustrated.Entities 1.1.a - Custom colony images and descriptions
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2024, 07:02:05 PM »

Is there a way to make it work for conquered markets?
The menu does not appear for markets conquered via nexerelin, even with the npc market edit option and devmode.

I ran into the same issue even with the NPC market option turned to true and devmode on. Seems to be an issue with conquered markets as you have pointed out. So for the heck of it, I changed ownership of market using console commands. Obviously with the market back to NPC control, I could edit the description and image with NPC Market Edit option on. However after reverting ownership back to myself, only the 1st description (description shown when mousing over colony in-flight) and image stayed. For some reason the docking (2nd) description did not show up.

Hopefully this functionality will be updated soon, additionally maybe add a way to change the description when you select manage colony of conquered markets? e.g. one of my markets was conquered from pirates, so there's a description describing the pirate colony in the left text box when you select manage colony [idk if there's a term for this]

So... it seems like the only way around this problem is to edit the campaign.xml of the save file, search for the name of the colony, search for $startingfaction id, then changing the faction name to player. The side effect of this is it removed revanchist claims from the original faction though.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile

Look like you mistype the folder name as 1.1.b instead of 1.2.b but other than that everything are in order, even the mod version in the file is correct.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]