Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.2.2 - QoL for campaign layer  (Read 64988 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.2.0 - QoL for campaign layer
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2022, 08:47:43 AM »

Thank you for the kind words.

Wish surveying & scavenging was a bit more straightforward. Getting salvage screen 2, sometimes even 3 or 4 times after something gets tiresome...
Multiple debris fields need to be salvaged separately. We could ask Alex for combining every new debris field with the existing one (add cargo, increase size), but... Actually, I'll see if I can do it myself :D

-You might want to mention that auto-scavenge is a new ability that you need to toggle. After updating the mod, at first I didn't realize it, and thought it got broken; just a heads up.
Good call, I'll display the relevant message on game load.

-Is it possible that the Sensor Burst also not affecting Neutrino Detector as well?
Don't understand the question here, could you rephrase? Is something wrong with Neutrino Detector that needs to be fixing?

-Is it possible to show the "turn transponder on" dialogue when using Transverse Jump or Gate travel to a Core World system?
As said above, I'll see what can be done regarding that. Last time I checked, it was a PITA due to all being hardcoded in a JumpSomething class, but maybe something with a GateTransitionListener is doable. Ideal, Alex ask.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:10 AM »

-Is it possible that the Sensor Burst also not affecting Neutrino Detector as well?
Don't understand the question here, could you rephrase? Is something wrong with Neutrino Detector that needs to be fixing?
Neutrino Detector gets deactivated when Sensor Burst is used. I was wondering if it could get the same treatment as Sustained Burn; not having to reactivate Neutrino Detector after every pulse =) Sorry, was sleepy when I wrote that.

Wish surveying & scavenging was a bit more straightforward. Getting salvage screen 2, sometimes even 3 or 4 times after something gets tiresome...
Multiple debris fields need to be salvaged separately. We could ask Alex for combining every new debris field with the existing one (add cargo, increase size), but... Actually, I'll see if I can do it myself :D
This would be great. What's next, surveying stuff with 1 button? :D To be honest, I'm using AHK macros to reduce the repetitive button mashing. In time I'm sure Alex will clear things up, but in time...

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2022, 10:47:27 AM »

This would be great. What's next, surveying stuff with 1 button? :D To be honest, I'm using AHK macros to reduce the repetitive button mashing. In time I'm sure Alex will clear things up, but in time...

OMG, it is so horrible and repetitive.  I was playing in front of a friend and they saw me blaze through the explore and leave menu so fantastic fast they asked "what keys did you press" and I replied honestly "I don't know, I've done it so many times"

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2022, 03:35:44 AM »

Added those two requests to the bugfix release. Displaying the state of the auto-scavenge is unreliable - will not work when you load the game from main menu (game limitation).

1.2.1:
- Fix crash in tutorial by making the mod tutorial-safe.
- Tweak Active Sensor Burst to not disable Neutrino Detector.
- Display the state of auto-scavenge on new game / game load.

ceemeeoh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.2.1 - QoL for campaign layer
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2022, 03:18:59 PM »

Excellent mod, and thanks for the update. 

I wonder if it's possible to map a separate button to the x3 speed, so that you have both options of x2 and x3 - there's occasions where I would need the slower speed when I'm in a slightly dangerous area but still would like to "get on with it" (aka tread somewhat carefully) whereas on the sector map I'm full blazing. 

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2022, 09:13:18 PM »

Hey, thanks for the update! Now I can blaze around with my neutrino scanner on, wasting volatiles for the loot that does not exist! :D

I have another suggestion: Transponder is a primed skill. Transverse Jump and Emergency Burn could use the same treatment. Latter isn't a big issue, and priming it might not be necessary / needed, but the Transverse Jump, if you hit it by mistake (while exploring for example), you cannot abort it :D

I wonder if it's possible to map a separate button to the x3 speed, so that you have both options of x2 and x3 - there's occasions where I would need the slower speed when I'm in a slightly dangerous area but still would like to "get on with it" (aka tread somewhat carefully) whereas on the sector map I'm full blazing.
Is it me, or was this a feature back in the day?

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2022, 10:17:24 PM »

Hey,
I made some icons for your mod, use them if you like,
also 1 request I have if possible can you make it so that Auto Scavenge is by default on after a reload or restart of the game.
thanks for this wonderful mod.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2022, 04:43:42 AM »

New version is up.

Default build: https://github.com/jaghaimo/transpoffder/releases/download/1.2.2/transpoffder-1.2.2.zip
Additional setting edits: https://github.com/jaghaimo/transpoffder/releases/download/1.2.2/transpoffder-1.2.2-with-settings.zip

1.2.2:
- Fix wonky Auto-Scavenge persistence logic.
- Do not disable Neutrino Detector ability when activating sensor burst.

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.2.2 - QoL for campaign layer
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2022, 02:44:06 AM »

One very small suggestion; could you mention in the first post and in the “auto scavenge is turned on/off” message that auto-scavenge is an ability you need to add to your hotbar and toggle. It only took me two minutes to tab back to this thread and work that out myself, but it may be some useful idiot proofing.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2022, 05:44:11 AM »

My bad, main post wasn't updated since I've added this toggle skill. Updated.

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2022, 02:14:34 PM »

Thank you so much for making this mod.
Can I request some QoL regarding Gates (is it from a mod? I'm not sure).
The automatic activation of the transponder upon entering a colonized system, especially a player colony, would be fantastic.
Many times, I have forgotten to activate the transponder while using a gate and gotten into trouble with nearby factions.

Surgeol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2022, 04:29:11 AM »

Hello there, can I get the permission to post your mod to Starsector Chinese Forum? It's for the convenience of Chinese people to download the mod.
Also I'll keep all the author information :)

tedesco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2022, 04:48:07 AM »

Thank you for the excellent mod!

The automatic activation of the transponder upon entering a colonized system, especially a player colony, would be fantastic.
This really should be in the base game IMO. Would be awesome to have in the mod tho

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2022, 01:45:58 AM »

Transponder Off is being merged with QoL Pack (in QoL Pack version 1.1). There are two main reasons for this:

• I need to reduce time spent on modding / maintaining mods (life, and other projects), and
  • We only need one configurable quality of life mod.

I have archived the repository, but the code is still publicly available, and you can still download releases.

If you are using QoL Pack (which you should), remove Transponder Off and use QoL Pack 1.1+: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23652

If you are not using QoL Pack, start using it. Or keep using latest version of Transponder Off.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:46:50 AM by Jaghaimo »
Pages: 1 2 [3]