Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.2.2 - QoL for campaign layer  (Read 64991 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.1.1 - QoL for campaign layer
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 12:40:04 PM »

That said, the vanilla settings changes feel a bit out of place. Even if it fall with the spirit of the mod (faster repetitive action), it's still mostly preference; so changing it by default is not the best I think.

Next version I'll rework the release process and provide two zips - with and without vanilla settings so people can choose.

Soñjer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2022, 02:14:08 PM »

That said, the vanilla settings changes feel a bit out of place. Even if it fall with the spirit of the mod (faster repetitive action), it's still mostly preference; so changing it by default is not the best I think.

Next version I'll rework the release process and provide two zips - with and without vanilla settings so people can choose.

Great, thanks!

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 04:31:48 AM »

Great, thanks!

1.1.2 bugfix is out - fixes a rare crash in auto-salvage when you load a save sitting on top of a salvageable debris field. Now comes in two flavours:

Vanilla settings edited: https://github.com/jaghaimo/transpoffder/releases/download/1.1.2/transpoffder-1.1.2-default.zip
No vanilla settings edits: https://github.com/jaghaimo/transpoffder/releases/download/1.1.2/transpoffder-1.1.2-no-extra-settings.zip

–Phase–

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2022, 05:00:32 AM »

Great, thanks!

1.1.2 bugfix is out - fixes a rare crash in auto-salvage when you load a save sitting on top of a salvageable debris field. Now comes in two flavours:

Vanilla settings edited: https://github.com/jaghaimo/transpoffder/releases/download/1.1.2/transpoffder-1.1.2-default.zip
No vanilla settings edits: https://github.com/jaghaimo/transpoffder/releases/download/1.1.2/transpoffder-1.1.2-no-extra-settings.zip

I'm still getting this crash when starting a new game, since the tutorial starts the player off close to a debris field. I've disabled every other mod I have installed except for this one but it still happens. I'm not sure if the crash is only happening because of the way the player fleet spawns in the tutorial or if this crash hasn't actually been fixed. I'm thinking the former is more likely. Also, if it means anything, turning off the actual "ScavengeAsYouFly" setting seems to fix it, but I guess you already knew that.
Capitalism is the greatest expression of Human greed.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2022, 07:27:13 AM »

I'm still getting this crash when starting a new game, since the tutorial starts the player off close to a debris field. I've disabled every other mod I have installed except for this one but it still happens. I'm not sure if the crash is only happening because of the way the player fleet spawns in the tutorial or if this crash hasn't actually been fixed. I'm thinking the former is more likely. Also, if it means anything, turning off the actual "ScavengeAsYouFly" setting seems to fix it, but I guess you already knew that.
I'll stick my neck out and guess that the tutorial literally disables the entire toolbar at start. When this mod tries to automatically tries to use an ability that doesn't exist, it fails to handle the null return.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.1.2 - QoL for campaign layer
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 03:51:12 AM »

I very much suspect that to be the case as well. Added info about tutorial incompatibility in the OP. The usefulness of extra check against tutorial / ability presence does not benefit the mod - just enable it after you have gained the ability (or after you have finished the tutorial).

papasan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2022, 06:28:53 AM »

came here to report the crash on new game also, log reads like it's trying to push a button that doesn't exist...

36371 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at transpoffder.ScavengeScript.advance(ScavengeScript.java:28)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2022, 08:04:04 AM »

came here to report the crash on new game also, log reads like it's trying to push a button that doesn't exist...
Don't start the tutorial with the auto-salvage on. That's exactly what the author was saying in the previous post:
I very much suspect that to be the case as well. Added info about tutorial incompatibility in the OP. The usefulness of extra check against tutorial / ability presence does not benefit the mod - just enable it after you have gained the ability (or after you have finished the tutorial).

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2022, 09:27:38 AM »

I may as well disable the whole mod automatically while in the tutorial...

papasan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2022, 01:11:21 PM »

Don't start the tutorial with the auto-salvage on. That's exactly what the author was saying in the previous post:

understood and I obviously figured it out but it may not be obvious to everyone...  better to fix the issue so I said something.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2022, 01:44:07 PM »

I have patched the issue in 1.1.3. You are right about fixing the issue, so thank you for bringing this up.

The mod will initialize only once you have completed the tutorial now (once load your save after reaching "deliver report to Jangala" stage).

Edit: I have released 1.1.4 with an editable cooldown to auto-scavenge feature.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 04:35:36 AM by Jaghaimo »

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.1.4 - QoL for campaign layer
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 10:28:07 PM »

your mod is a godsend. Definitely one of those that I feel would be nice if implemented in vanilla.

Marodeur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Transponder Off 1.2.0 - QoL for campaign layer
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2022, 09:43:46 AM »

Hi. I forgot many times to activate the transponder before i use a gate to a core system. Is it possible to get for gate jumps the question the game asks before i exit hyperspace?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 04:58:19 AM »

Hi. I forgot many times to activate the transponder before i use a gate to a core system. Is it possible to get for gate jumps the question the game asks before i exit hyperspace?

I'll have a look at that. Personally, I haven't noticed since I never got to the stage where I activate the gates :D

In the meantime - trivia:

When default release had vanilla settings changed, 1/4 of people opted for optional download.

When default release does NOT have vanilla settings changed, 1/2 of people opted for optional download.

Question to the 1/4 that changed their preference - were you not bothered with vanilla settings, did you not notice them, or do you not care and just click default download?

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 08:03:55 AM »

Faster Speed Up Multiplier : My patience thanks you
No Explosion Whiteout : My eyes thank you
Scavenge as You Fly : My cargo holds thank you
Mass Transfer : My fingers thank you
Better Active Sensor Burst : My sanity thanks you
Transponder Off in Hyperspace : My fat ships thank you

Hello Jaghaimo! I necro'd my very old account just to say thank you. Absolutely fantastic QoL stuff, the last update you added even more stuff, which is great.

Wish surveying & scavenging was a bit more straightforward. Getting salvage screen 2, sometimes even 3 or 4 times after something gets tiresome... your mod helps a lot, at least I don't have to manually press things, or rather, press less things. I'd like to suggest a few things, if possible:
-You might want to mention that auto-scavenge is a new ability that you need to toggle. After updating the mod, at first I didn't realize it, and thought it got broken; just a heads up.
-Is it possible that the Sensor Burst also not affecting Neutrino Detector as well?
-Is it possible to show the "turn transponder on" dialogue when using Transverse Jump or Gate travel to a Core World system?

Anyway, thanks again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3