Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Show amount we paid for each item in our cargo hold.  (Read 395 times)

bacca400

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Show amount we paid for each item in our cargo hold.
« on: December 31, 2021, 11:19:08 AM »

Hi,
In our cargo hold, when we reach a space station to trade items, when we hover our mouse over the item in our hold, it shows what the item will sell for. Can you also display the amount we paid for it? With tariffs at 30% in every world I've visited this would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 11:21:12 AM by bacca400 »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Show amount we paid for each item in our cargo hold.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 11:23:22 AM »

I'm not sure there's a way to do this, because they're all just one item to the game.
Maybe keep track of the total and average it per unit?

bacca400

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 11:24:37 AM »

True. Or the game could use different slots in the cargo hold for different priced lots we bought.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 11:32:27 AM »

What's the difference? You don't want to get exactly 50 credits of profit on a unit of heavy machinery. You want as much profit as possible, whether you found that machinery for free or bought it from the open market. I don't dislike the suggestion, as much as I don't know of any reason why would you want this.

Kriby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 02:19:41 PM »

What's the difference? You don't want to get exactly 50 credits of profit on a unit of heavy machinery. You want as much profit as possible, whether you found that machinery for free or bought it from the open market. I don't dislike the suggestion, as much as I don't know of any reason why would you want this.

I would like this for when I've made a trade purchase with some destination in mind, but the market normalizes before I reach that destination. Helps to keep track of what level you need to sell at to make a profit when waiting for a new opportunity. Maybe not optimal play, or one everyone enjoys, but I think it'd be neat for that.