Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.96a]Epta Consortium - 2.1.0 - NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT  (Read 198887 times)

Dalton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Epta Consortium - 1.4.6
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2022, 04:45:29 PM »

First off, this post was written in the context of updating this mod from 1.3.0 to 1.4.6.

Uh oh! Something happened to the inbuilt mod on most Takeshido ships; Takeshido Overhauling (TO). It used to grant +30% speed but after updating my mod collection for a new playthrough I noticed that it now gives +130% speed --- As an example, a naked, 70% CR Wayfarer BHD now has 322 speed with zero other modifications. Another odd change this version is that Drover BHD now has a base speed of 45 instead of 75 (before the 2.3x speed multiplier).

Before I start my rant on how how broken nonbugged (+30% speed, not +130%) Takeshido ships are, know that I'm a huge fan of this mod overall. It offers lots of new refreshing playstyles. It's the balance I'm concerned with.

I felt pretty dirty using Takeshido ships my previous playthroug due to their insane ability to just stay out of range of everything and keep spamming Cinis missiles (or fighters) permanently. One Wayfarer (BHD) for just 6 pts can carry 4x Cinis launchers for 352 dps at 3500 range, while outrunning almost anything, in turn giving it the zero flux speed bonus*, which ALSO gets increased by the % speed bonuses from TO and CC. This is also true for the flat speed bonuses from Unstable Infusion (UI) and Safety Overrides.
*Takeshido ships seem to never gain 0-flux speed in the latest version, but I don't see it being mentioned in the description of TO or the ship descriptions. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but would make a decent big drawback to counteract the other sources of speed they get. (replacing normal 0-flux speed bonus with the takeshido permanent speed bonus starts to sound kinda sorta reasonable, actually)

Speed examples below (using old values from before this patch, i.e. +30% speed, not +130%):
Regular Wayfarer: 140
Wayfarer BHD: 182
Wayfarer BHD + ET (Engine Tuning, Takeshido's Commisioned Crews bonus: +10% speed): 200
Wayfarer BHD + UI: 214
Wayfarer BHD + CC + UI: 234

(The above numbers assume Takeshido Overhauling and Engine Tuning

Some smaller suggestion:
> I would like to see some more restrictions when it comes to hull mods.
> The +1 and +3 burn mods should probably require docking like other logistics mods.
> Unless this has been changed since 1.3.0, you can combine Systems Override and Systems Overflow - Safeties, and their flux dissipation multipliers stack multiplicatively, resulting in 3x flux dissipation. This costs a ton of points and is rarely worth it, but it may be wise to err on the side of caution and disallow the use of both SO and SOS at the same time.

Spoiler
This post is getting long, but before I go I just wanna mention another probably unintended/undesired combo that I had lots of fun with: you can put Flightdeck Overhauling (+1 fighter slot) on Tempest (or another ship with a "Kamikaze drone" system) lets you add any fighter you want, and the system works on them just like the inbuilt drones. The fighters use their weapons like normal after being kamikaze'd . So you can either run a strike wing, and instead of setting them to Engage, you can send them individually with the kamikaze system, delivering both their original payload and  the Terminator Sequence(TS)'s Energy+EM damage.
Alternatiovely, pick a fighter with low replacement time and high wing size to maximize the number of TS activations..
Another layer of craziness was reached with the help of hullmods from Modern Carriers. Fighter Command Overclock lets you build replacement fighters "in advance" onboard the ship, ready to be launched quickly after a fighter has been destroyed. This lets you send a wicked barrage of kamikaze pilots, usually limited by your flux stats rather than available fighters.

Weird things like this have huge potential for being ridiculously imbalanced, but given how niche (and fun!) the interaction is, I say leave it in for us Johnnys. On the flip side, there could be tons of unintended and broken interactions stemming from putting Flightdeck Overhauling on a ship with built-in fighters, so I would understand changing it.
[close]

I hope I wasn't too mean with this rather negative post. I really do appreciate your work and have had a lot of fun with it already, with more to come. Keep it up!

Hi yea I’m one of the devs and I generally handle takeshido stuff. So the takeshido speedboost does indeed nullify the ship’s zero flux speed boost and it also changes its acceleration to work on geared curves, which makes them somewhat slower to get up to max speed and decently harder to control. In the next update (which should be coming out like tomorrow) we’re replacing their missile regen with a bonus to the rate that any weapon that regens ammo regens ammo and doing a complete rework to systems overflow accelerator

xSevenG7x

• Commander
  • Discord: xseveng7x - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2022, 06:10:25 PM »

hi, first of all great mod. love the ships. (though i wish there was one more capital in epta's roster, and maybe the epta ships are a little too strong, mainly the aeolus, but i think that's been reported already)

i'm experiencing a bug with the conquest's quickstep drive, activating it quickly as soon as its ready after being used softlocks the ship, preventing any further action (no firing, moving or even raising/lowering or turning shields.)

Heyo, how are you? Well, Aeolus have a powerful synergy with phase dive and shield power, which makes it extremely strong, next patch will nerf it, thx for the feedback and for spotting this bug^^

Edit: Hmm, another capital? In a close future my friend^^
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 06:20:30 PM by xSevenG7x »

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2022, 06:18:09 PM »

Very well made mod. Spectacular sound effects, gorgeous graphics and effects, and unique looking and feeling. Immediately caught my eye and I had to play with it! And the music is godly.

Thank you very much! I'm very happy to see that the efforts are worth it, have a nice run!

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Epta Consortium - 1.5.0w First Week Update
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2022, 05:25:34 PM »

Hey guys, new version of Epta Consortium is now released! Check the Changelog:

1.5.0 Patch: Super Strikecraft Syndrome

Fixes:
-Having armament support from Mayu's hullmods and an Epta AO integration now no longer causes you to be assaulted by an angry blacksmith (this is not a joke.)
-Quickstep drive no longer prevents increasing flux stats and no longer freezes the ship when ended manually.
-Unofficered gamma cores now grant an 8% bonus instead of a 53% bonus. Whoops.
-Procuring integrated variants of epta ships no longer crashes the game (rare bug, also fixes minor incompatibility with prv.)
-Alicerce jump points are now correctly labelled.
-Kite (7s)'s shield power now decays properly.
-System customization cooldown and charges no longer have inverted values.
-Planets in meiyo and alicerce are now appropriately sized.
-Epta now no longer causes pirates to overuse shadowyards ships. Thanks to Liz for catching this.

Reworks/changes:
-Aeolus' system now actually gives it timeflow mult, has a reduced duration, and charges more slowly. increased Aeolus' base speed and turnrate to compensate.
-Cryptodeimos now has 100 less range while on an energy mount.
-All the enemies in The Gift (mission) now spawn at once (this isn't a joke, welcome to kill mode.)
-Takeshido ships now require extra dp and recovery costs and drive more like cars while moving forwards.
-Glaphyra's fire rate has been changed.
-Ir Acaulis Pulse nerfed from 3 shots per sec to 2.5 shots per sec and to 1.1 eff.
-Reduced Rhiza smartcannon projectile health from 400 to 150.
-Systems Overflow: Accelerator now grants +30% ROF for energy and ballistic weapons, +30% damage and +30% flux cost for beam weapons, and -20% flux capacity for its ship.
-Glaucus Ultra Autocannon from 1.0 eff to 1.1 eff and refire delay from 0.4 to 0.45.
-Increased rep gain rate for Ananke.
-Epta phase coils now have new sprites.
-Reduced the resources and population of the Meiyo system.
-Swapped refining and fuel production on certain Epta worlds.
-Reduced the spawnrates of takeshido ships.
-Added waystations to the meiyo system.
-Changed some relations between Epta and modded factions
-Fixed the rate at which Epta weapons appeared on npc ships.
-Takeshido can now be disabled in settings. No random pirate spawns with Takeshido ships will appear.
-Takeshido planets now have a Raceway custom industry that spawns Takeshido only patrols. Icon a placeholder for now.
-Added pirate starts for Takeshido ships (including one for the new Takeshido carrier and all new strikecraft.)
-Added Epta starts with their new carriers.
-Added Epta missiles to some Epta ship variants.
-Added testing mission where Epta or Bushido player fleets can face off against randomly generated enemies. Much thanks to DR for the Imperium code.

New Content:
-8 new Takeshido strikecraft/fighters that are based off of street racers (strikecraft variants will only appear in game if you have Armaa installed, they will NOT crash your game if you do not have it installed.)
-1 new takeshido capital carrier with extreme speed.
-2 new Epta phase carriers with an auto recall hullmod.
-8 new Epta fighters.
-1 new Epta strikecraft with an HF sword.
-3 new Epta missiles.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 07:12:07 AM by xSevenG7x »

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2022, 01:19:45 AM »

Nice! On an existing save, I’m still facing the glitch where I can’t install an alpha core into a capital ship (the revamped broadside one).

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2022, 12:49:00 PM »

Nice! On an existing save, I’m still facing the glitch where I can’t install an alpha core into a capital ship (the revamped broadside one).

Heyo, how are you? Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue caused by unknown interactions with other mods, and we have not yet been able to determine the exact cause. If you could post a complete list of all mods used and the circumstances under which this bug occurred, would bring some clue of what is causing the issue. Thanks for the feedback!

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Epta Consortium - 1.5.1
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2022, 05:06:02 PM »

Heyo my friends! There we go with another patch, changelog here:

BUGFIXES

Stopped single wing Takeshido blueprints from dropping as loot in research stations and such.
Fixed Epta market flavor descs: they will now be appropriately random.
Stopped Takeshido hullmods from appearing in Epta open markets.
Fixed system cooldown and system usages hullmods - certain values were reported to have been inverted.
Epta markets will now sell a variety of wings on the open market instead of only the Gyrinus, as lovely as it may be.
Fixed Arkhos' on hit effect.
Fixed a bug where one of the jump points was glued into the sun in hyperspace.
Alicerce now looks less ugly.
Fixes to certain descriptions.

BALANCE TWEAKS:

Nerfed Garage base cargo from 15000 to 7000.
Increased Leto salvo size from 3->4.
Lowered BR97 OP cost from 15 to 8, adjusted garage variant to match.
Nerfed IR array (medium) from a fire delay of 0.21sec to 0.25sec.
Nerfed IR acaulis pulse (small) from a fire delay of 0.4sec to 0.45sec.
Bright Burning now grants increased acceleration and top speed and grants a bonus to all weapon types rate of fire based on current speed
Added Bright Burning systems to Takeshido fighters and strikecraft, replacing the vanilla plasma burn.
Reduced Hobi fighter wingcount from 4 to 3, increase replacement time from 5 to 8 seconds.
Fixed a number of Epta variants with useless hullmods, such as polarized shields on phase ships.
Changed Hedra Pod's damage per missile to 1000, was 2000

OTHER
Moved Garage start from Combat (Large) to Carrier (Large)

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2022, 11:14:36 PM »

Ok, I'm kinda curious. What was the angry blacksmith thing?

Also I'm gonna miss super speed kite.

Scauldy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2022, 07:23:20 AM »

Okay so, I'm also having the problem that I can't put the AI Integration Hullmod onto my ships, I just press it, it does the little light up and the normal click sound, yet nothing happens. I tried to see if it was some mod I had that caused it, but I got nothing. When I started another save to see, well, the problem wasn't there anymore, I could put the hullmod on again.

So, just in case it helps, here's a list of all the mods used on the save, and a note: Epta was enabled after I already had a good number of hours on the save.
A new level of confidence.
Attuned drive field hullmod
Beyond the sector
Blackrock drive yard
Brighton federation
Combat alarm sounds
Combat chatter
Console Commands
Diable avionics
Epta consortium
Exotica technologies
Fuel Siphoning
Grand colonies
Guardian prototype
HMI supervillains
Hazard mining incorporated
Hullmod barratry
Hullmod specialization
Industrial evolution
Interstellar imperium
LazyLib
Leading pip
Lights out
Luddic enchancement
MagicLib
Make paragon great again
More hullmods
Nexerelin
No such organization
Planet search
Planetary shield: Access control
Pulse industry
Radiant prototype
Scalartech solutions
Seeker - unidentified contact
Shadowyards
Shielded holds for all
Ship/weapon pack
SpeedUp
Stellar networks
Substance abuse
Superweapons arsenal
Terraforming and station construction
Tesseract prototype
Unknown skies
Unusually gullible hullmods
VIC
Whichmod
GraphicsLib
Foundation of borken

Hopefully this helps with the problem... if there is one, and it isn't just my save that got screwed, and that I'll have to restart it.

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2022, 01:15:11 PM »

Ok, I'm kinda curious. What was the angry blacksmith thing?

Also I'm gonna miss super speed kite.

Meet the triangles lol. And well, maybe someday I'll do a super speed kite be real without bugs? hehe

As always, thx for the feedback^^
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 01:19:13 PM by xSevenG7x »

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2022, 01:18:47 PM »

Okay so, I'm also having the problem that I can't put the AI Integration Hullmod onto my ships, I just press it, it does the little light up and the normal click sound, yet nothing happens. I tried to see if it was some mod I had that caused it, but I got nothing. When I started another save to see, well, the problem wasn't there anymore, I could put the hullmod on again.

So, just in case it helps, here's a list of all the mods used on the save, and a note: Epta was enabled after I already had a good number of hours on the save.
A new level of confidence.
Attuned drive field hullmod
Beyond the sector
Blackrock drive yard
Brighton federation
Combat alarm sounds
Combat chatter
Console Commands
Diable avionics
Epta consortium
Exotica technologies
Fuel Siphoning
Grand colonies
Guardian prototype
HMI supervillains
Hazard mining incorporated
Hullmod barratry
Hullmod specialization
Industrial evolution
Interstellar imperium
LazyLib
Leading pip
Lights out
Luddic enchancement
MagicLib
Make paragon great again
More hullmods
Nexerelin
No such organization
Planet search
Planetary shield: Access control
Pulse industry
Radiant prototype
Scalartech solutions
Seeker - unidentified contact
Shadowyards
Shielded holds for all
Ship/weapon pack
SpeedUp
Stellar networks
Substance abuse
Superweapons arsenal
Terraforming and station construction
Tesseract prototype
Unknown skies
Unusually gullible hullmods
VIC
Whichmod
GraphicsLib
Foundation of borken

Hopefully this helps with the problem... if there is one, and it isn't just my save that got screwed, and that I'll have to restart it.

So yeah, this is a bug where you need 2 alpha cores to install the hullmod, instead of only one, none of us have sure what is causing this. Can we talk on discord for further investigation about this? If we replicate the bug, probably we will find the cause, and fix this. Thanks for the feedback^^

Scauldy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2022, 02:01:09 PM »

Okay, so the bug just needs you to have two cores instead of one to install it then. Good to know.

But yeah, we can do that, I won’t be home until tomorrow though, and I’ll have to find the discord.

Scauldy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2022, 03:39:21 PM »

Oh right! While I remembr, is the time dilation mentioned actually ”speeding up” time while phasing does?

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2022, 06:57:06 PM »

Oh right! While I remembr, is the time dilation mentioned actually ”speeding up” time while phasing does?

Yeah, speeding up like Temporal Shell does, for example

Scauldy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2022, 02:37:14 PM »

So, do you want me to just send you a friend request so can we talk over discord, or do you have some other idea in mind?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19