Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.96a]Epta Consortium - 2.1.0 - NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT  (Read 201081 times)

Rav0n

• Commander
  • Discord: rav0n_vii - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
[0.96a]Epta Consortium - 2.1.0 - NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT
« on: December 30, 2021, 03:17:17 PM »

This post got replaced by a refreshed one, access it through this link (click bellow):

In case you want to download it right now, click bellow:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:49:27 AM by xSevenG7x »

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Nexus - Hullmodding
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 03:30:51 PM »

Your images aren't loading right.

I'm adjusting the post, thanks for the worry!

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 07:05:26 PM »

Ships and hull mods look good. Its also an interesting concept, will try it on my next session.

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 07:35:29 AM »

Ships and hull mods look good. Its also an interesting concept, will try it on my next session.

Nice that you like, my plan is doing more factions, with more concepts of hullmods, soon, this mod will have another faction, the name of it is mentioned somewhere in the preview, try to discover it

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 08:26:59 AM »

Nice that you like, my plan is doing more factions, with more concepts of hullmods, soon, this mod will have another faction, the name of it is mentioned somewhere in the preview, try to discover it
Commodore Jensulte?

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 09:07:35 AM »

Commodore Jensulte?

This one is mentioned in the lore from Persean Sector, check out:

https://fractalsoftworks.com/2017/08/16/a-true-and-accurate-history-of-the-persean-sector/

A tip for find the name of the faction, check the names that appear meanwhile the video continues, you will find it

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions - 1.0.1
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 11:06:26 PM »

I'm not a big fan that most hullmods have strong negatives. They are competing with OP that can be used with the good, flat bonus vanilla hullmods and/or flux. I feel that custom hullmods need try following on the footsteps of SO, strong negatives require strong positives, otherwise I'll just skip on the hullmod.

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 05:56:49 AM »

I'm not a big fan that most hullmods have strong negatives. They are competing with OP that can be used with the good, flat bonus vanilla hullmods and/or flux. I feel that custom hullmods need try following on the footsteps of SO, strong negatives require strong positives, otherwise I'll just skip on the hullmod.

In this sense, I tried to balance the hullmods, for not making them overpower, I tested everyone against vanilla vessels, and the results was good. But, I can rebalance for better so, thanks for the feedback.

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions - 1.1.0
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 05:09:36 PM »

Update! Version 1.1.0, adding a new faction

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions - 1.1.0
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 06:53:00 PM »

??? ... isn't 'Travel Customization' simply a better form of 'Augmented Drive Field'?

As in, +3 burn for 30 OP instead of +2 burn for 40 OP (assuming a large capital ship).

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2022, 07:54:30 PM »

These ships look pretty interesting. Also a Doom variant that heals itself slowly? That's absurdly broken. I want it.
Bushido has a nice color scheme to it and speed focused ships don't seem to bad. I'll give this mod a try since I'm starting a new run pretty soon anyway.

I do sort of agree with this though. To an extent. I looked at the hullmods and some seem reasonable, others are a little too far in my opinion. More missiles for the removal of cargo holds? Wouldn't be all that bad, but that's still a somewhat variable price to pay. A non-combat price at that. Sometimes somewhat steep depending on the ship. I would think that combat hullmods should have only combat pros and cons, not out of combat ones. As for the armored missiles, reduced damage by a hefty 25% is a pretty hefty price to pay on your very limited ammo, even if you opt out of having cargo holds. Seems like adding more armor would make more shrapnel, so maybe it would be fair to just replace a portion of the damage with fragmentation damage? Still not a cool thing to pay, but it's not outright deleting damage.

The scatter targeting device seems like it would be a bit too good though. It's quite uncommon for anything to have a flat damage boost in a hullmod. I haven't tried it out, so who knows, but 25% more damage for 10% less range on any energy weapon seems like it would make energy weapons sling way too much pain better than anything else could dream of. Especially with some of the large energy weapons. Then use high energy focus, it would just melt basically anything.

Although I will give all this mod a shot and more than likely write another long winded comment about my experience. Also if all of the things I have said about your hullmods are exactly the way you want them to be, that's okay. All the ones I have not mentioned seem relatively in the right place or I would have to try them out before saying anything on it.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Orochi

• Ensign
  • Ego Ex Nihilo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 03:42:20 AM »

So is no one going to mention that the Bushido symbol is directly ripped from NFS: Carbon? Is this even allowed?
I am thematically appropriate

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 04:31:31 AM »

These ships look pretty interesting. Also a Doom variant that heals itself slowly? That's absurdly broken. I want it.
Bushido has a nice color scheme to it and speed focused ships don't seem to bad. I'll give this mod a try since I'm starting a new run pretty soon anyway.

I do sort of agree with this though. To an extent. I looked at the hullmods and some seem reasonable, others are a little too far in my opinion. More missiles for the removal of cargo holds? Wouldn't be all that bad, but that's still a somewhat variable price to pay. A non-combat price at that. Sometimes somewhat steep depending on the ship. I would think that combat hullmods should have only combat pros and cons, not out of combat ones. As for the armored missiles, reduced damage by a hefty 25% is a pretty hefty price to pay on your very limited ammo, even if you opt out of having cargo holds. Seems like adding more armor would make more shrapnel, so maybe it would be fair to just replace a portion of the damage with fragmentation damage? Still not a cool thing to pay, but it's not outright deleting damage.

The scatter targeting device seems like it would be a bit too good though. It's quite uncommon for anything to have a flat damage boost in a hullmod. I haven't tried it out, so who knows, but 25% more damage for 10% less range on any energy weapon seems like it would make energy weapons sling way too much pain better than anything else could dream of. Especially with some of the large energy weapons. Then use high energy focus, it would just melt basically anything.

Although I will give all this mod a shot and more than likely write another long winded comment about my experience. Also if all of the things I have said about your hullmods are exactly the way you want them to be, that's okay. All the ones I have not mentioned seem relatively in the right place or I would have to try them out before saying anything on it.

Heyo, thanks for your feedback! So, the armored missile warheads (the one that reduces damage by 25%), it allows more chance to the missile hits the target, it doubles missile hitpoints, at cost of some damage reduction, I think thats fair. About hullmods that have pros in combat, and cons in logistic, thats a way to not make it overpower, you can expand even more missile racks, but you need to remove the cargo holds for the munition, for example.

And about the Doom, its not broken, it trades the whole armour for hull regeneration, if it encounter kinectic or fragmentation weapons, you are screwed, and there is a hullmod that compensates the phase coil stresses from normal phase ships. Those variations are not compatible with it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:43:58 AM by xSevenG7x »

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 04:34:19 AM »

So is no one going to mention that the Bushido symbol is directly ripped from NFS: Carbon? Is this even allowed?

Yeah, I wanted to praise this game with this addon, just this bro, and I talked already with people about this, gotta remove the music, symbol and even the name I gonna change. If thats legal? The images and such, yesh, the music? Is better to remove it.

Edit: Already removed things related to EA and/or Need for Speed Carbon, the faction is now called Takeshido, and new versions will fix the ship paintjobs out there, removing any symbol from Bushido
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:22:47 AM by xSevenG7x »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19