Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: [0.96a]Epta Consortium - 2.1.0 - NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT  (Read 198890 times)

xSevenG7x

• Commander
  • Discord: xseveng7x - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Epta Consortium - 1.5.2d - Balance
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2022, 03:44:56 AM »

Maybe I just suck, but after playing with some of the ships, a lot of the Epta weapons seem to need buffs as they seem on the weak side?

Heyo, doing well? Unfortunately people seems to love to say that epta is overpower, so any buff that I do is like a crime, I'm testing a discord version, where epta is even more nerfed, due to tournaments. Perhaps someday we can stabilize this situation, and make epta actually competitive. Thx for le feedback^^

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 14, 2022, 03:48:05 AM »

I wonder, is it possible to make ships without a defense system like a shield or phase the ability to treat their soft flux as hard flux for the purpose of some of the special hull mods?

Heyo, how are u? Well, for now its not possible (afaik) but I can make some hullmods that emphasis in this possibility, very nice suggestion my friend! Thx for the feedback^^

NocturneOfSolace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2022, 11:52:43 PM »

Maybe I just suck, but after playing with some of the ships, a lot of the Epta weapons seem to need buffs as they seem on the weak side?

Heyo, doing well? Unfortunately people seems to love to say that epta is overpower, so any buff that I do is like a crime, I'm testing a discord version, where epta is even more nerfed, due to tournaments. Perhaps someday we can stabilize this situation, and make epta actually competitive. Thx for le feedback^^

it's mostly because the weapons feel like they're not particularly great, the ships are clearly good.

But I'm likely just using them wrong, ergo I don't think it's this mods fault

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2022, 12:55:26 AM »

Please ignore such people, people really tend to kill own mods via overnerfing, in my opinion mod stuff at least should be on par with vanilla good stuff, otherwise player just choose vanilla stuff instead, like if ships are good but guns are meh player would use ships with vanilla guns, and half of content will just bloat game without being used, or vice versa, no matter how much mods you have Paragon still be best ship.

NocturneOfSolace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2022, 08:59:23 PM »

Please ignore such people, people really tend to kill own mods via overnerfing, in my opinion mod stuff at least should be on par with vanilla good stuff, otherwise player just choose vanilla stuff instead, like if ships are good but guns are meh player would use ships with vanilla guns, and half of content will just bloat game without being used, or vice versa, no matter how much mods you have Paragon still be best ship.

Except after having played a while I think they're 200% correct

The Aeolus when equipped with 3 plasma cannons and needlers for shields is one of the most insanely good ships I've ever seen, on par with a certain ship found at a Tri Tachyon Blacksite IMO

A lot of Epta weapons are on the so so side IMO, but some of their ships take combo's that were already really strong in vanilla and double down on how crazy they are, think a Doom is bad? Try an Epta Doom
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 10:01:33 PM by NocturneOfSolace »

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2022, 08:48:41 AM »

Well, unfortunately people are partially right, but most of the feedback not touched in what is really wrong with the mod, leaving in a inconsistency with what happens using epta weapons in epta ships, and using those individually together with other factions' content. I'm working in solve this structural issue in further versions, hopefully the outcome will be better after that^^
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 08:58:34 AM by xSevenG7x »

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2022, 08:57:27 AM »

Except after having played a while I think they're 200% correct

The Aeolus when equipped with 3 plasma cannons and needlers for shields is one of the most insanely good ships I've ever seen, on par with a certain ship found at a Tri Tachyon Blacksite IMO

A lot of Epta weapons are on the so so side IMO, but some of their ships take combo's that were already really strong in vanilla and double down on how crazy they are, think a Doom is bad? Try an Epta Doom

Well, they are out of balance at the moment, but nerfs are not the solution for this issue, reworks are being made along the time, later on gonna release a new version that fixes this issue.

NocturneOfSolace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 24, 2022, 11:09:27 PM »

Quote from: xSevenG7x

Well, they are out of balance at the moment, but nerfs are not the solution for this issue, reworks are being made along the time, later on gonna release a new version that fixes this issue.

Well I'm not calling for nerfs, I'm just commenting that I was actually bad at the game and thought this faction was weak.

Can we get some possible compatibility with Hex shields mod?

anyways, after having played with this mod for a while, I wanted to say, great job! The more I've played with it, the more I like it!

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2022, 08:13:00 AM »

Quote from: xSevenG7x

Well I'm not calling for nerfs, I'm just commenting that I was actually bad at the game and thought this faction was weak.

Can we get some possible compatibility with Hex shields mod?

anyways, after having played with this mod for a while, I wanted to say, great job! The more I've played with it, the more I like it!

Thank you very much! And well, expect reworks in the future for solve le balance, and about hex shields, epta gonna have it own shield texture in the future, but perhaps I can get it for Takeshido^^

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Epta Consortium - 1.5.2d
« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2022, 05:23:46 PM »

Tried for a bit and going to need to play some more. This faction feels interesting and aimed will at Vanilla balance, though I do find it somewhat irritating that many hull mods come with large downsides along with their benefits, while still being on the pricy side. I do like however that now I can have energy weapons with useful ranges.

The lack of shield resilience I thought would be a major issue for them, but the responding damage output has me finding them to be ok so far, but I'm often running on less weapons then I could to spare the OP for Hull Mods. Though it does well to incentive using SP instead of saving them for the mid-late game.

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2022, 09:55:34 PM »

Tried for a bit and going to need to play some more. This faction feels interesting and aimed will at Vanilla balance, though I do find it somewhat irritating that many hull mods come with large downsides along with their benefits, while still being on the pricy side. I do like however that now I can have energy weapons with useful ranges.

The lack of shield resilience I thought would be a major issue for them, but the responding damage output has me finding them to be ok so far, but I'm often running on less weapons then I could to spare the OP for Hull Mods. Though it does well to incentive using SP instead of saving them for the mid-late game.

Heyo heyo, well, I tried to min/max those downsides, for make possible some higher numbers for them, so we can have some "creativity" running out lol, I'll see what I can do for reduce some of the higher penalties. Thx for le feedback^^

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 04, 2023, 06:23:11 PM »

hey random question:
is the 'Sponsored Megararage Capital' of the desing type 'Takeshido' yours?
if it is, I would like to inform you that it has 11 hanger bays, 6 guns, and is in fact, not a carrier, but a warship. according to the 'custom production'/ 'doctrine and blueprints' section at least.
if its yours, plz fix. if not, um sorry for bugging you.

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2023, 10:01:30 AM »

hey random question:
is the 'Sponsored Megararage Capital' of the desing type 'Takeshido' yours?
if it is, I would like to inform you that it has 11 hanger bays, 6 guns, and is in fact, not a carrier, but a warship. according to the 'custom production'/ 'doctrine and blueprints' section at least.
if its yours, plz fix. if not, um sorry for bugging you.

Heyo, and yeah, its from takeshido, which is from epta, but don't worry, soon it will be fixed, there is a rework in progress, which will affect this ship as well

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2023, 02:24:31 PM »

Heyo, and yeah, its from takeshido, which is from epta, but don't worry, soon it will be fixed, there is a rework in progress, which will affect this ship as well
yay fixes.
(love that ship btw. so mush speed for a super carrier. and the fighters are so zippy)

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2023, 10:49:33 AM »

yay fixes.
(love that ship btw. so mush speed for a super carrier. and the fighters are so zippy)

Speed and Takeshido are in the same page my friend, kill fast or die fast hehe^^
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19