Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.96a]Epta Consortium - 2.1.0 - NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT  (Read 201274 times)

Rav0n

• Commander
  • Discord: rav0n_vii - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Epta Consortium - 1.5.2d - Balance
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2022, 03:22:04 AM »

I like the visuals in this mod but unfortunately, I don't believe the balance is very good.

Scatter Targeting Device is an easy example, trading 35% range for damage is insanely OP

Heyo, how are u? Well, epta is not the greatest example of balance, but my intention is change that, wait for the next update, there is some great changes that affects pretty much balance, this is one of the items of the list. Thx for the feedback^^

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2022, 03:27:01 AM »

"graphics/decimusmaximus.PNG" should be "graphics/decimusmaximus.png" as this is how it is referenced in other files:
src/data/scripts/world/systems/epta/seven_proelefsi_mainscript.java:    public static final String ADMIN_PORTRAIT_PATH = "graphics/portraits/decimusmaximus.png";
data/config/settings.json:         "seven_decimus":"graphics/portraits/decimusmaximus.png",
This causes problems on case-sensitive operating systems

Heyo, hows going? So yeah, this will be fixed in the next update, thx for the feedback! Also, what you think about the mod, despite that? Looking for various opinions

AngelSpirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2022, 09:28:21 AM »

Been having a blast with the mod so far.

A couple minor things did bother me over the course of playing (~60 hours in atm) that I'd like to suggest improvements for:
  • Automated Mothball doesn't seem to prevent the mothballed ship from being deployed in combat. It also doesn't incur the "crew understrength" CR penalty when doing so.
  • The new marine Advanced VR Training Sims hullmod seems to be too fast by a factor of, like, 5. I've got a single ship in my fleet with Advanced VR Training Sims on it (with only 300 crew capacity) and it can keep my entire crew of 1000 marines maxed out. To max out that many marines normally would take dozens of raids. I think it should also count as a Logistics hullmod, since the only benefit it gives is strictly campaign-layer.
  • I'm seconding what another poster above me said: Scatter Targeting Device is really, really good. I'm using a Phase Harbinger as my flagship in my run; it's already an extremely powerful player ship in vanilla, but the Epta variant with the Epta-specific hullmods is insanely good. Like, I-can-solo-any-ship-in-the-game good. Scatter Targeting Device should probably come with increased flux cost or some other penalty.
  • Microshields are really, really good, too. Normally the counter to phase ships is saturating the area they're in to force them to remain phased long enough to hardflux themselves out -- microshields circumvent this by allowing a phase ship to soak up incidental fire and fighter/PD damage for brief periods without harm. The fact that microshields can regenerate while phased and that they scale off of max flux lets Epta ships get really tanky, since they can weave in and out of phase to regenerate their shields forever (AI core time dilation makes this even more powerful). I'd suggest making microshields regenerate at reduced rates while phased.

That said, I'd like to reiterate I've still been having an awesome time with the mod. Looking forward to future updates.

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2022, 04:36:26 AM »

Been having a blast with the mod so far.

A couple minor things did bother me over the course of playing (~60 hours in atm) that I'd like to suggest improvements for:
  • Automated Mothball doesn't seem to prevent the mothballed ship from being deployed in combat. It also doesn't incur the "crew understrength" CR penalty when doing so.
  • The new marine Advanced VR Training Sims hullmod seems to be too fast by a factor of, like, 5. I've got a single ship in my fleet with Advanced VR Training Sims on it (with only 300 crew capacity) and it can keep my entire crew of 1000 marines maxed out. To max out that many marines normally would take dozens of raids. I think it should also count as a Logistics hullmod, since the only benefit it gives is strictly campaign-layer.
  • I'm seconding what another poster above me said: Scatter Targeting Device is really, really good. I'm using a Phase Harbinger as my flagship in my run; it's already an extremely powerful player ship in vanilla, but the Epta variant with the Epta-specific hullmods is insanely good. Like, I-can-solo-any-ship-in-the-game good. Scatter Targeting Device should probably come with increased flux cost or some other penalty.
  • Microshields are really, really good, too. Normally the counter to phase ships is saturating the area they're in to force them to remain phased long enough to hardflux themselves out -- microshields circumvent this by allowing a phase ship to soak up incidental fire and fighter/PD damage for brief periods without harm. The fact that microshields can regenerate while phased and that they scale off of max flux lets Epta ships get really tanky, since they can weave in and out of phase to regenerate their shields forever (AI core time dilation makes this even more powerful). I'd suggest making microshields regenerate at reduced rates while phased.

That said, I'd like to reiterate I've still been having an awesome time with the mod. Looking forward to future updates.

Heyo, how are you? Thats a really neat feedback, thank you very much! Now for the topics:

- Automated Mothball is basically a way to not loss CR while mothballing a ship, thats why CR is unchanged. Also, if you try to use it in battle, you will note that it won't fight, cuz it weapons will no longer work. Also, in fact it will not be punished by crew understrength, because its mothballed anyways.

- Thanks for telling me this about VR, I gonna tune down it.

- Scatter Device is already nerfed in dev versions. Now it gives 15% damage, reducing 25% of range.

- Epta phase ships, unlike any other, are extremely vulnerable to fragmentation damage, since their microshields don't have damage reduction, this means that using weapons such vulcans, thumpers and machine guns is recommended to counter them. Since most builds not uses weapons that are their weakness, they seems more stronger then normal.

So yeah my friend, any other question, return here, thx for the feedback^^

AngelSpirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2022, 12:47:03 PM »

[...]

- Automated Mothball is basically a way to not loss CR while mothballing a ship, thats why CR is unchanged. Also, if you try to use it in battle, you will note that it won't fight, cuz it weapons will no longer work. Also, in fact it will not be punished by crew understrength, because its mothballed anyways.
- Epta phase ships, unlike any other, are extremely vulnerable to fragmentation damage, since their microshields don't have damage reduction, this means that using weapons such vulcans, thumpers and machine guns is recommended to counter them. Since most builds not uses weapons that are their weakness, they seems more stronger then normal.

I didn't know those, that's neat! Nice to see that you've already thought of most things. Question about the last point though, if microshields don't receive normal damage reduction, do they still take double damage from kinetic weapons?

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2022, 02:49:07 PM »

[...]

I didn't know those, that's neat! Nice to see that you've already thought of most things. Question about the last point though, if microshields don't receive normal damage reduction, do they still take double damage from kinetic weapons?

Nope, cuz they works as a "hull", they not takes doubled damage from high explosive, or from kinetic, and not have damage resistance. Who wins in this battle is DPS, no other way around.

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2022, 06:54:54 PM »

Still having AI cores being eaten. Manual removal works fine, but using the strip option in the refit screen won't return the core.

sevhern

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2022, 11:35:59 PM »

I'm missing all the hullmods from this mod after I buy them. Is this a mod conflict of some kind?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 02:48:23 AM by sevhern »

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2022, 06:20:17 PM »

Still having AI cores being eaten. Manual removal works fine, but using the strip option in the refit screen won't return the core.

Heyo, how are u? Well, is really strange that this bug returned, good news is that in dev versions got it fixed, the next big update is coming soon. Thx for the feedback^^

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2022, 06:22:20 PM »

I'm missing all the hullmods from this mod after I buy them. Is this a mod conflict of some kind?

Hiyo, going well? This is something related to starsector's filters, find the epta tech and zeta computer filters, and activate them. If it not works, return here, thx for the feedback^^

sevhern

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2022, 09:35:15 PM »

Hi. Thank you for the reply.
You are right. The filters were off for some reason and I didn't notice.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 09:52:32 PM by sevhern »

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2022, 09:05:09 AM »

After taking a look at the hullmods of 1.5.2d, I realized that there's a huge exploit involving the Epta AI integration due to the fact that it has negative Ordinance Points cost: If I install the hullmod, use the extra OP and remove the hullmod, even if I don't get the AI core back, I will still keep the extra OP. Some players may feel encouraged to do this because for as long as the hullmod is there, it increases the Deployment Points cost, but do note that this (avoidable) drawback is not described or mentioned anywhere ingame.

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2022, 08:45:56 AM »

Ok, so, I noticed this issue with another mod (Special Hullmod Upgrades), but the same thing is happening here.

I'm having cores 'appearing' to be eaten, but it looks like they're just not actually being removed from the ship? I pull a core, lose the bonuses, check inventory, no core. But then I try installing a new core, and guess what shows up in my inventory? The old core.

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »

After taking a look at the hullmods of 1.5.2d, I realized that there's a huge exploit involving the Epta AI integration due to the fact that it has negative Ordinance Points cost: If I install the hullmod, use the extra OP and remove the hullmod, even if I don't get the AI core back, I will still keep the extra OP. Some players may feel encouraged to do this because for as long as the hullmod is there, it increases the Deployment Points cost, but do note that this (avoidable) drawback is not described or mentioned anywhere ingame.

Heyo, going well? Eh, this is an exploit that involves every other negative OP hullmods, vanilla should implement a punishment for passing OP limit, and stop this thing, lets see if a new starsector release will fix this. Thx for the feedback^^

Rav0n

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2022, 02:52:27 PM »

Ok, so, I noticed this issue with another mod (Special Hullmod Upgrades), but the same thing is happening here.

I'm having cores 'appearing' to be eaten, but it looks like they're just not actually being removed from the ship? I pull a core, lose the bonuses, check inventory, no core. But then I try installing a new core, and guess what shows up in my inventory? The old core.

Hiyo, interesting catch, so you are not losing cores, but instead, just keeping them inside of the ship. Gotta see what I can do. Once again thx for the feedback^^
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19