Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.96a]Epta Consortium - 2.1.0 - NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT  (Read 198798 times)

xSevenG7x

• Commander
  • Discord: xseveng7x - talk to me here!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions - 1.1.0
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 04:42:55 AM »

??? ... isn't 'Travel Customization' simply a better form of 'Augmented Drive Field'?

As in, +3 burn for 30 OP instead of +2 burn for 40 OP (assuming a large capital ship).

So, this hullmod is way more expensive, that is why it gives 3 more burn

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 06:10:54 AM »

HIya,

From one new modder to another, I applaud your initiative and scope of vision. Giving it a go on a new playthrough so I do not have direct feedback as yet, just wanted to give ya a thumbs up!

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 01:32:59 PM »

HIya,

From one new modder to another, I applaud your initiative and scope of vision. Giving it a go on a new playthrough so I do not have direct feedback as yet, just wanted to give ya a thumbs up!

Heyo, thank you very much! I'm trying my best to do this mod, glad to hear that ;D

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions - 1.1.4
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 05:08:52 AM »

After the 1.1.4 update, big content will come, fixes will be made, but just released in 1.2.0

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 08:55:35 PM »

Played around with this mod for a while, and I have a few things to say. For one, it's not too bad for what it is. The ships that aren't reskins seem to do nicely. I used a few, but it's not my cup of tea. Because of this I'm mainly speaking from going against them. The ones I did use seemed okay. Very fast, but fragile. Shields worked well in those cases, but it felt more like just high tech frigates/destroyers with less armor and more speed. Not useless, and not broken. I tried to do a themes run with nothing but Bushido(or really Takeshido which isn't renamed yet), but I noticed they lack any capital ships and anything that can take a hit at all. Not really their style, I get it, but it made multiple fight far more difficult than they had to be. Either way, not an issue. Just something I noticed.

However, I did experience one thing that is out off balance... As mentioned earlier, Doom with hull regeneration. This is fine to use as the player, fine to go against as the player, but broken. Slap on some extra PPT, and nab up some skills for it, set up your doom for flux dissipation, and unless they literally kill you in one go, you will not die. It nullifies the risk of overextending almost entirely. You can go in and get a kill confirm and take 50-80% hull damage, then just retreat while laying mines to keep them from pursuing, then just stay cloaked for a while and boom, go ahead and take another risk. If you are not dead outright, you can more than likely get out of it. Seems pretty unfair on such a large ship. It doesn't feel broken on the other ones since you can't take an so much as an Atropos or Reaper to the face and move on. They flat out kill you. So basically only the Doom seems out of balance. As always though, if this is your intended point of balance, that is okay and I will leave it at that.

Overall this isn't a bad mod and I did enjoy using it. I probably forgot to mention a few things, but oh well. I will keep using this mod and give additional feedback if I think something is off.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 12:10:27 PM »

Played around with this mod for a while, and I have a few things to say. For one, it's not too bad for what it is. The ships that aren't reskins seem to do nicely. I used a few, but it's not my cup of tea. Because of this I'm mainly speaking from going against them. The ones I did use seemed okay. Very fast, but fragile. Shields worked well in those cases, but it felt more like just high tech frigates/destroyers with less armor and more speed. Not useless, and not broken. I tried to do a themes run with nothing but Bushido(or really Takeshido which isn't renamed yet), but I noticed they lack any capital ships and anything that can take a hit at all. Not really their style, I get it, but it made multiple fight far more difficult than they had to be. Either way, not an issue. Just something I noticed.

However, I did experience one thing that is out off balance... As mentioned earlier, Doom with hull regeneration. This is fine to use as the player, fine to go against as the player, but broken. Slap on some extra PPT, and nab up some skills for it, set up your doom for flux dissipation, and unless they literally kill you in one go, you will not die. It nullifies the risk of overextending almost entirely. You can go in and get a kill confirm and take 50-80% hull damage, then just retreat while laying mines to keep them from pursuing, then just stay cloaked for a while and boom, go ahead and take another risk. If you are not dead outright, you can more than likely get out of it. Seems pretty unfair on such a large ship. It doesn't feel broken on the other ones since you can't take an so much as an Atropos or Reaper to the face and move on. They flat out kill you. So basically only the Doom seems out of balance. As always though, if this is your intended point of balance, that is okay and I will leave it at that.

Overall this isn't a bad mod and I did enjoy using it. I probably forgot to mention a few things, but oh well. I will keep using this mod and give additional feedback if I think something is off.

Thanks for the feedback, the takeshido faction not have capitals by purpose, its not intended to be very strong, they have advantage of speed, capitals would not makes sense, try to use more carriers for further firepower. And about Doom, the hull regen will be nerfed for all phase ships, its purpose is increase the survival of those in long combats, but not make them immortal. Anyways, your comment is very important, it pointed some issues that would be fixed^^
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 12:12:47 PM by xSevenG7x »

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 02:11:30 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, the takeshido faction not have capitals by purpose, its not intended to be very strong, they have advantage of speed, capitals would not makes sense
But what about a Conquest? It's comparatively fragile and faster than the other vanilla capitals, it has missile slots, a mobility system (manuverung jets) and the space between its "arms" could be used for one or two fighter bays

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2022, 01:59:08 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, the takeshido faction not have capitals by purpose, its not intended to be very strong, they have advantage of speed, capitals would not makes sense
But what about a Conquest? It's comparatively fragile and faster than the other vanilla capitals, it has missile slots, a mobility system (manuverung jets) and the space between its "arms" could be used for one or two fighter bays

So, Epta already have a conquest, and also, Takeshido is not a war faction indeed, their business involves speed and going dark to smuggle stuff in secret. In the future, it will have an aurora.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2022, 01:43:25 PM »

I had to fix some of your changes in the latest update, they were overboard and broke several builds.

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2022, 06:23:25 AM »

I had to fix some of your changes in the latest update, they were overboard and broke several builds.

The update 1.2.0 is now released, which fixed this too, and add several content to the mod, and if this update brake saves, here is a link for the 1.1.4 version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NMToGoDMdDgdTpqbCwaSrhNpv_e_7D4l/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 06:47:43 AM by xSevenG7x »

DracoLunaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions - 1.2.0
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2022, 01:15:44 PM »

heads up the cinis mrm launcher causes the flowing error, I think when the missiles are shot at? or try to lock on? either way fire them at something with pd and you get a crash to desktop:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.BaseWeaponSpec.getHiddenAngleOffset(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.B.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.new.øO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.new.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.fire(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Changing Nexus - Hullmods and factions - 1.2.0
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2022, 07:19:55 AM »

heads up the cinis mrm launcher causes the flowing error, I think when the missiles are shot at? or try to lock on? either way fire them at something with pd and you get a crash to desktop:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.BaseWeaponSpec.getHiddenAngleOffset(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.B.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.new.øO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.new.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.fire(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Heyo! Thanks for reporting this error, soon I'll update this mod, and apply a fix for this issue, idk why this happened, since everything about this weapon was took from vanilla, which PDs you was encountered for this happens?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 06:01:50 AM by xSevenG7x »

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]The Epta Technologists - 1.3.0
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2022, 06:15:12 PM »

Heyo folks! New update coming, 1.3.0 version, with great changes, the mod now is called The Epta Technologists, instead of Changing Nexus, and there is a great rework in sprites, as well in balance. Checkout!

VelkeZarr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2022, 03:08:31 PM »

Very nice mod, especially hullmods are just awesome!
One bug I found tho, not game breaking but annoying. Sever shipsystem somehow resets weapons range to their default when using ITU or any other range extenders. Just after loading the battlefield range is applied correctly with extenders but after using the system it goes back to whatever nominal weapon range. Also it works backwards - if something decreases range it still resets it, kinda nasty with Scatter Targeting Device.

xSevenG7x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2022, 02:30:02 AM »

Very nice mod, especially hullmods are just awesome!
One bug I found tho, not game breaking but annoying. Sever shipsystem somehow resets weapons range to their default when using ITU or any other range extenders. Just after loading the battlefield range is applied correctly with extenders but after using the system it goes back to whatever nominal weapon range. Also it works backwards - if something decreases range it still resets it, kinda nasty with Scatter Targeting Device.

Heyo! So, in truth its system increases the range of weapons a bit too, when it is deactivated, the range returns to normal, causing a impression that the weapon range got decreased. I gonna test it more to check it out better, but otherwise, is just this. Thank you very much for the feedback, if there is anything else, tell me^^
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19