Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange loss in performance  (Read 406 times)

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
Strange loss in performance
« on: December 28, 2021, 06:04:25 PM »

Strange loss in performance with latest starsector hotfix (RC6), latest graphics lib, and latest speedup mod. Also using nexerelin and a few faction mods, including interstellar imperium.

High spec computer now showing 0% idle in combat (even when paused), and even with shaders toggled off using the pause button, (and speedup not enabled).

This issue was not present in the previous starsector hotfix, nor the one before that. I admit I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm open to being redirected! Thank you.

Normally sits at 144 fps but I see it dipping down to 100, even on battles with roughly 4 cruisers and 4 destoyers vs the same.

I've also made a similar post on the graphicslib thread, but I've realized that this may not have to do with that mod.

Edit: I've also realized that I may have noticed this 0% idle during paused combat before, but the strangely low battle performance remains a for sure new issue. I will test with graphicslib and speedup disabled and update.

Edit2: Unable to test without graphicslib on this save, as interstellar imperium requires it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:25:08 PM by ApolloStarsector »

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Strange loss in performance
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 09:31:04 AM »

Tested without mods on vanilla, idle is now 95%+ while paused in combat. Apologies for not testing this before posting (and erroneously posting it in the unmodded section).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Strange loss in performance
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 09:36:09 AM »

(No worries!)