Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC15] Game hangs for significant amount of time upon several actions  (Read 735 times)

nathan67003

• Commander
  • Excellent imagination, mediocre implementation.
    • View Profile

A few disclaimers:
1) I do have mods but since they're the Console mod and the New Level mod, I don't think they're related to the current issue I'm having.
2) I've personally modified the settings file to allow the player character to administrate 600 colonies because AI inspections are pain.

After I land myself several dozen (like, literally over a hundred) colonies (almost all of which have at least 2 special items), the game hangs for longer and longer whenever:
- opening the cargo screen/colony screen
- opening the command screen
- confirming or cancelling item or AI core management in an industry or structure
- adding an industry or structure to the build queue
- upgrading an industry or structure
- confirming a change of cargo
- scavenging for cargo or scuttling ships
- (may have missed some other triggers)

The time it hangs seems directly proportional to the amount of colonies in my possession.
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

This isn't a bug; it's just you adding more stuff then the game can handle and then the game not handling it :)

nathan67003

• Commander
    • View Profile

Ah, yeah, figured, but just wanted to make sure. Ty!
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

nathan67003

• Commander
    • View Profile

Necroing the absolute dreadlord out of this, but there's no chance that there could be (eventually) anything done to optimize this, is there?

Alternatively, I haven't tried but does the lag still occur if all the administrators are AI cores instead of the player?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I don't think that's in the cards, sorry!

(I'd imagine it's the same if it's AI cores.)

nathan67003

• Commander
    • View Profile

Yeah, figured it wasn't really a priority given normal game parameters. Still, I wonder what's doing that...

Ty for the reply! :D