Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] try-tachyon military grade nano-forge... 3-dmods ship  (Read 574 times)

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Well - maybe some other wording must be used - very high contact sold to me 50k of nano-forge production and i received this beautiful piece of junk. Some kind of feedback about quality would be cool.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] try-tachyon military grade nano-forge... 3-dmods ship
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 08:33:03 AM »

Hmm - for non-arms-dealer contracts, ship quality is based on the ship quality at that market when the contract is delivered. For arms dealers, quality is set to 100%, meaning (IIRC) about a 50% chance of a single d-mod per ship. Let me make a note to look at that latter, at least; I think it might be better if arms dealers always delivered w/o d-mods.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 08:44:23 AM »

Wouldn't it be possible to tell the player the expected number of d-mods, or possible d-mod range?

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 09:23:02 AM »

looks to me you tried playing smart with a con-man and got played

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »

I think it might be better if arms dealers always delivered w/o d-mods.

What, don't want to leave room for player to find out that their potentially new contact actually ripped the player off (if paid extra for no d-mods)?  I mean, have to make it clear in game so player doesn't think it was due to a bug, but good potential for maybe something like generating an anti-contact (kinda like that rivals thread in suggestions forum).
I wasn't always a Judge...

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 10:36:56 AM »

Well, I think it'd depend if it was through an actual Contact.... or some guy you met in a bar.

The former should have quality consistent with the market they're at, the latter would be a little more... random.

Though the former should also inform you if D-Mods are expected.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 10:52:23 AM »

Well, I think it'd depend if it was through an actual Contact.... or some guy you met in a bar.

The former should have quality consistent with the market they're at, the latter would be a little more... random.

Though the former should also inform you if D-Mods are expected.

Good point about contacts.  I was just referring to the bar guy.  Just thought it would be funny for player to have an extra option to pay more ($$, not SP) for no D-mods, but then get D-mods anyways (ie, ripped off).  Would need a clear explanation that this is intended game behavior though!
I wasn't always a Judge...