Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Committing crimes should give +reputation with pirates  (Read 512 times)

itchylol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Committing crimes should give +reputation with pirates
« on: December 28, 2021, 04:48:08 PM »

For example, trading illegal stuff on the black market, raiding colonies, and intercepting trade fleets. It makes sense that committing crimes would make pirates respect you more.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Committing crimes should give +reputation with pirates
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »

Openly trading on the black market already gives you a + with pirates.

Yeah, but only if you sell a lot and also should drop rep with planet owner's faction, so not a perfect match.  But yeah, trading on black market can increase rep with pirates.
I wasn't always a Judge...

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 05:58:24 PM »

For example, trading illegal stuff on the black market, raiding colonies, and intercepting trade fleets. It makes sense that committing crimes would make pirates respect you more.

hm.  interesting idea.  In bandit king mod for M&B I added a renown factor - so people could like you but you were still a nobody because nobody has heard of you.

It sounds like you want notoriety to matter to pirates.  that makes sense.   I wonder how that could work in gameplay mechanics.  I would guess mostly in reactions from pirates.   Destroying things pirates care about should raise dread. 

As it is said - "If you can't earn their respect, teach them to fear you."
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 06:34:00 PM »

As it is said - "If you can't earn their respect, teach them to fear you."
Letting loose some sat bombs ought to do this.  So far, sat bombs are only useful as a poor-man's death star to kill everyone in the core worlds.