Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986126 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.6)
« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »

Aw but i kinda like it  :D
Not sure what i could do to make it better though lol.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #346 on: April 20, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »

Love the new sprite. Much more freighter-like. The dual-pod one from before looked kinda flimsy.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 20, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »

Just leave both in, theres never such thing as "too many ships"

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 20, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »

I can just imagine my convoy attacks being so much more awesome now. Doesn't look too tough >.>

Fite me in campaign, Nausicaa, do you even kite?
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2013, 07:43:49 PM »

Alrighty, fine, all mercifully bring it back from a backup and allow it a meager existence :P

It will still replace it terms of all previous usage, but if one digs hard enough, they'll find the still working version.

Edit: Just remembered why I redesigned the cargo containers, these cute lil puppies.

- Nausicaä - - Polarity Cargo Drone -

Too bad I can't make it hirable so it'll be available on demand/rent like *cough ev nova*
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:42:45 AM by FlashFrozen »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 21, 2013, 02:29:51 AM »

Just like the other, i like the old "dual-wing" Nausicaä, even though the new one look pretty cool too. Perhaps you could convert one of them into a tanker rather than a freighter? As Neutrino don't have one yet.

The lil' cargo drone is cute too.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 21, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »

Alrighty, fine, all mercifully bring it back from a backup and allow it a meager existence :P

It will still replace it terms of all previous usage, but if one digs hard enough, they'll find the still working version.

Edit: Just remembered why I redesigned the cargo containers, these cute lil puppies.

Too bad I can't make it hirable so it'll be available on demand/rent like *cough ev nova*

cool ship, i like it more than the other one.
for some reason, looking at it i feel like all the mounts should be fitted with a sort of laser flak weapon since this is meant to be a big cargo ship

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 21, 2013, 10:07:45 AM »

Laser.... flak?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 21, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »

Sounds like an awesome invention! ...

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 21, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »

Just like the other, i like the old "dual-wing" Nausicaä, even though the new one look pretty cool too. Perhaps you could convert one of them into a tanker rather than a freighter? As Neutrino don't have one yet.

The lil' cargo drone is cute too.

Just as a note, those 4 circley things on the new one are fuel tanks, so it can double as a fuel tanker,

cool ship, i like it more than the other one.
for some reason, looking at it i feel like all the mounts should be fitted with a sort of laser flak weapon since this is meant to be a big cargo ship

Hehe, I already have one of those just not with this mod. =p

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 21, 2013, 12:48:32 PM »

Just an idea here- would probably require a lot of work.

It's ship system could allow it to dump cargo- bunch of debris would float off the ship making it hard for smaller ships to follow the freighter without getting damaged by debris, freighter would get 50% faster, but it's lose half it's cargo. Not sure if even possible though >.>

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 21, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »

The original idea was that the whole cargo section is one independant block where it could be released for that speed boost ( and well, a giant ass block as either a meat shield / massive kinetic missile(like an asteroid, but hard to implement)

It looks kinda weird without the cargo block :P

The main thing that stopped that was how to integrate it. Missiles in the game go on top the ship sprites, but as you can see it'll need to be rendered below.

Your idea is only some cargo containers, which while workable as a weapon, it's harder as a system, I really haven't tested missiles as systems,

But if i were to do something like that, I'd masquerade some of the containers as missile launching containers that'll release some number of missiles when the enemies are near,
Getting it to looks nice is definitely the hardest part.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 21, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »

No Neutrino ship comes pre equipped with extended shields, that'll be only a player modification they can make at their leisure.
The known issues are the 0.2 affect autoresolve immensely as auto resolve doesn't take into account shield arc, so if you have a 0.0 eff shield with 1 arc, it'll probably beat a 1 eff 360 deg arc ship regardless, even if in a real battle that's not the case.

This put a big difference in the effectiveness between the AI version and the Player version of the same ship, as shields are pretty much the big feature of NC.

May I give a small design suggestion about this? Halve the base shield radius on all NC ships, add extended shields to all variants (plus its cost in OP to all ships, so it's "free").
The current issue is that putting Extended Shields on a Neutrino ship is a complete no-brainer, as it gives A LOT more in efficiency than any other possible hull mod on any possinble ship, considering the insane shield absorption rate.

My 2 cents! ;)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2013, 05:41:41 PM »

No Neutrino ship comes pre equipped with extended shields, that'll be only a player modification they can make at their leisure.
The known issues are the 0.2 affect autoresolve immensely as auto resolve doesn't take into account shield arc, so if you have a 0.0 eff shield with 1 arc, it'll probably beat a 1 eff 360 deg arc ship regardless, even if in a real battle that's not the case.

This put a big difference in the effectiveness between the AI version and the Player version of the same ship, as shields are pretty much the big feature of NC.

May I give a small design suggestion about this? Halve the base shield radius on all NC ships, add extended shields to all variants (plus its cost in OP to all ships, so it's "free").
The current issue is that putting Extended Shields on a Neutrino ship is a complete no-brainer, as it gives A LOT more in efficiency than any other possible hull mod on any possinble ship, considering the insane shield absorption rate.

My 2 cents! ;)

Fairly intuitive, but stock ship arcs are 30-35, extended gives a flat 60, so i'll have to delve into negative arcs... lol I'll try it out now to see if it works,

Edit: It sorta works, but there's a catch, if you take extended shields off, you won't have a shield, so basically means if you strip a ship / buy a new one you won't have any shields if you didn't level your character into tech.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:47:23 PM by FlashFrozen »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2013, 05:49:55 PM »

Only tech players should delve in NC technology! Just kidding xD.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 106