Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986252 times)

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.55)
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »

lol flash you should make a powerful gun with an absurdly intricate but cool looking firing animation. kinda like cycerin's solenoid quench cannon (but cooler and more absurd).

maybe some sort of laser of death that take 5 second to fire and during that time, it opens up all crazy anime style XD

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2013, 10:02:59 PM »

Aw dude you just reminded me of how wonky X3:AP has been behaving for me with my couple of mods.

Well as it stands, I think they're actually really well balanced. I like to think of Neutrino as a Technology Conglomerate who's somehow got the up & up on cutting edge replacements to the more common place armory available to the Era-Restricted factions.

So I see it as being fine right now, especially with how slow that damn projectile speed is.

A quad barreled large variant would be awesome, maybe one that spins up before belting out a staccato burst of 4 rounds?
I wish I could remember what weapon it was that had that EMP arc effect on contact, it was like a miniature version of the EMP Emission, Giving it a Shard Autocannon like Explosive hull effect would be obscene tho, it already wrecks so much ass as far as armor is concerned. Lol.

Blargh, more fancy rotating things, hard work. :D
Maybe it's the Vanilla Ion cannon your thinking about :P
The thing about this weapon is that it sucks up so much flux you always get a boost in terms of damage,

lol flash you should make a powerful gun with an absurdly intricate but cool looking firing animation. kinda like cycerin's solenoid quench cannon (but cooler and more absurd).

maybe some sort of laser of death that take 5 second to fire and during that time, it opens up all crazy anime style XD

I'm thinking about redoing the Jackhammer, and making the PAC a built in hardpoint instead of a hidden, so you might just get your wish :P but I looathe animating things  ::)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »

Quad Neutrino Pulse Battery.

Each round has a rotating barrel and emitting pulse blast barrel shroud. The rounds leave an electrical crackle across the battery when they leave the barrels.

The Coding.
The Horror

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 27, 2013, 06:10:30 AM »

Is there any way to add 1.55s content to Uomoz's myself?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.6)
« Reply #319 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:12 AM »

There is, but it's still a fairly manual process of basically copying over files, adding lines to UC's .csv and config files and etc.

Edit: April 1 (huehue)

http://www.mediafire.com/?q8ju09h86sa5cay

- Sledgehammer -

A fairly old Missile Destroyer design dating back approximately 8 months, it had been brought up to par by Neutrino Corp. engineers. With the old Dura-Carbon plating replaced with the standard Reactive Artificial Neutronium.
Along with the general update of engines it also has a large Siege Fusor installed on the offside.

- Advanced torpedo launcher single -

- Heavy Neutron Pulse Cannon - - Neutron Pulse Cannon Battery -

After patch 0.6 these will hopefully have an bonus effect ;)

Code
Version 1.6
-Added Sledgehammer Missile Destroyer
-Changed Neutron Pulse Cannon characteristics abit
-Added Neutron Pulse Cannon Battery
-Added Heavy Neutron Pulse Cannon
-Added Single Advanced torpedo launcher ( renamed other launchers to dual and quad)
-Removed Photon cannon and Heavy repeater from station
-Changed Vice Ship system from Fast Missile Racks to Scout Drohne
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:53:21 PM by FlashFrozen »

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 05, 2013, 07:27:04 PM »

Erm.
Just out of curiosity
Neutrino Pulse Batteries, Quadruples, but only fire 2 shots?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 05, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »

Yep, 2 shot bursts, just like how the medium version with 2 barrels only fires one shot.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 06, 2013, 06:44:55 AM »

Did you forget the SYSTEM hint for the sledgehammer built in, or is it intentionally acquirable?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 06, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »

Oof my bad, definitely a built in,

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 06, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason the Singularity's missiles are a ship system instead of a built-in weapon?  Or am I running an out-of-date copy of the mod or something?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 06, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »

Not sure if you mean the Causality phase frigate, if so it was intended to be a ship system (albeit with a broken ai),

If I did implement it as a weapon, you'd have to switch to it to use it vs. hitting f and the ai would probably use it at every opportunity.

Edit: I could try it as a built in as a test, since i do see where you're coming from,
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:08:21 PM by FlashFrozen »

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
  • The whole ship just died
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 06, 2013, 04:59:47 PM »

Doesn't the singulo class have EMP emitter?
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
Quote from: Miggles
no

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 06, 2013, 05:03:07 PM »

That would be the Relativity, lol guess the naming scheme makes it harder to remember :P

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
  • The whole ship just died
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 06, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »

Science has screwed my brain over once again
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
Quote from: Miggles
no

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2013, 02:29:33 PM »

Not sure if you mean the Causality phase frigate, if so it was intended to be a ship system (albeit with a broken ai),

If I did implement it as a weapon, you'd have to switch to it to use it vs. hitting f and the ai would probably use it at every opportunity.

Edit: I could try it as a built in as a test, since i do see where you're coming from,

Yeah, I meant the Causality.  And, hm.  I may have to see if I can make an AI for that, then; the missiles are a fairly major portion of its armament; given that we don't have push-to-fire (yet), that makes some sort of sense as a ship system.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 106