Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989912 times)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.5)
« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »

Might trigger Uomoz's anti-cheat measure.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »

But if you allow the Unsung to be played, then it will have sung.

Ow, right in the English.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2013, 07:40:27 PM »

I've tested it and yes you can replace your current ship, it bugs out what ship you have on the campaign map, but otherwise you get the ship, all you really need to do is replace 1 line, atm 17.1 doesn't seem to detect it.. lol

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »

I've tested it and yes you can replace your current ship, it bugs out what ship you have on the campaign map, but otherwise you get the ship, all you really need to do is replace 1 line, atm 17.1 doesn't seem to detect it.. lol

What're the chances Uomoz's cheat detection would make the client unstable after cheating in cash? O_O

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »

Atm I'm not sure what the cheat protection detects, lol but I doubt he's willing to tell just to make it so the cheat detection, detects things :P
But I assume it'll check the moment it happens ( I could be wrong)

There are always underhanded ways to 'cheat' but I'm not sure if it detects devmode either.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »

So I added that line of generator code for the Unsung, and started a new game. It did diddly.

I think Uomoz might've gone out of his way to insure only his pet fleet spawned with it.

It worked fine for me, did you copy paste it in from the code flash provided?  While I was at it I even added Phased Array Cannons to the store, and those worked too.  No reason for Uomoz to have all the fun.

Phased Cannon Arrays? Don't you mean Particle Cannon Arrays?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2013, 03:22:32 AM »

Hehe, I guess it could be a mistake on my part, but I only intended it for be ship you were to discover/earn when multi systems get implemented,  but since I finished the ship before said feature, I just put it in the station.
 ATM for all purposes you don't get to fight it outside of the Uomoz event fleet, but you are allowed to purchase if you join the bloc.

I'm openminded about taking it out of that station so as to make it the only way to acquire( for now) through the event fleet.

But just as a note, hull mods and character skills almost nullify the weaknesses it has, but try flying one in a new character and you'll notice the weaknesses much more heavily, ( perhaps nerf a bit? )

That's why I removed the Unsung from the station. Just sayin'. :)

EDIT: just made so in DEV you have the Unsung blueprint drop from Uomoz.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:26:58 AM by Uomoz »

Dog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »

Phased Cannon Arrays? Don't you mean Particle Cannon Arrays?

Haha nope, the Phased Array Cannon is the Jackhammer's built-in weapon.  It used to be available to buy or find, and it's a really fun weapon to mount on an end game Unsung or Banshee.  It's such a pretty sprite, it would be a shame to never see it  ;)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »

Yeah.. Just bought the Jackhammer for the sake of seeing that weapon in action.

It's like a damn borg cutting beam.

6 of those on an unsung is unimaginable. No wonder if was turned into a Built In weapon over refittable.

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 18, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »

Thanks for the kind words! :)
Unfortunately, using that line of code, it will only add the ship to the station once, and only when it's a newgame, as for waiting it will also not be delivered via convoys, so your probably out of luck,
The only save game editing I've tried before was for character stats, replacing your current ship might take a bit more effort if its possible at all. I can try it myself if helps :P

Thanks for the response!  Didn't get a chance to check back for a couple days.  I must've made a mistake when I edited the main thingy, cause I didn't see the ship when I started a new campaign, but, I'm sure I can fix that when I check it again.

I didn't really want to replace my main ship with the unsung in the current campaign, but, add it to the station, but, I doubt that is possible.  Thanks a ton for your help though, I just might try replacing my ship when this current game I'm on has run its course!

I don't think I've had this much fun since I played SC2 as a wee tot.  Then of course Ur-Quan Masters a few years back. Sadly, I never could beat the damn thing, lol.  I think I spent too much time flying around in my uber ship killing everything with those heat seeking orbs of death.  Ahh... memories.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2013, 12:10:59 AM »

Well gentlemen, theEND is near.

This one to be exact,

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

Just saying, that ring was a PITA.
[close]
More playtesting will help finalize the stats, it can beat a dominator, but not a aurora.

As well as intro-ing the replacement of the photon series, there will also be an additional ship coming Soon™ to flesh out the lower tiers in v1.6.
Additional comments, I'm thinking about adjusting the size classifications of the pile driver and making it a destroyer, while also lowering a lathe to a cruiser, just for consistency's sake.
Photon cannons may eventually get removed altogether, prob after v1.6 in which respriting of older ships will take place most notably the Nausicaä, and the Jackhammer.

That is all.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:44:58 AM by FlashFrozen »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35:06 AM »

Well gentlemen, theEND is near.

This one to be exact,

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

Just saying, that ring was a PITA.
[close]
More playtesting will help finalize the stats, it can beat a dominator, but not a aurora.

As well as intro-ing the replacement of the photon series, there will also be an additional ship coming Soon™ to flesh out the lower tiers in v1.6.
Additional comments, I'm thinking about adjusting the size classifications of the pile driver and making it a destroyer, while also lowering a lathe to a cruiser, just for consistency's sake.
Photon cannons may eventually get removed altogether, prob after v1.6 in which respriting of older ships will take place most notably the Nausicaä, and the Jackhammer.

That is all.

Allow me to be the first to say that that kicks ass.  Beautiful.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »

Hm.  One thing I'd suggest: Try out a few variants with non-neutrino weapons - particularly, I'd expect that ship would do rather well with, say, four heavy blasters instead of the current beam array it's got up front.  (Though it might also need to invest in capacitors to be able to fire them all...)

Still, awesome looking ships, that's for sure.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

sini002

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2013, 11:16:58 AM »

i dunno why but i imagined it beeing bigger...  :-\ but anyway it's an awsome looking ship you have made   ;D

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 20, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »

wow ! this is freakin badass !
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106