Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986129 times)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.5)
« Reply #255 on: March 07, 2013, 07:32:26 AM »

Hi,
playing your mod with UC, and started to like them, somewhat because of the "Schwarm Drone" and well , the Unsung  :o
but i think it´s repair costs are to high , up to about 60 supplies for each wing surviving the battle ( depending on % of the wing left )

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.4)
« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »

The Causality

Hmmm... seems  familiar somehow... ;)

Nicely done.   I'm definitely fond of this particular frigates design.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:18:10 AM by MShadowy »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »

The Causality

Hmmm... seems  familiar somehow... ;)

Nicely done.   I'm definitely fond of this particular frigates design.

kudos for the design

Hehe, you can thanks ace combat for that one.

Hi,
playing your mod with UC, and started to like them, somewhat because of the "Schwarm Drone" and well , the Unsung  :o
but i think it´s repair costs are to high , up to about 60 supplies for each wing surviving the battle ( depending on % of the wing left )

I'm glad you are enjoying it :) The costs are a bit up there since the drones are so durable in respects to how hard it is to get rid of them once and for all, you'll have to pay a price for keeping them around, though i could see to making it around 1 supply a drone (42 drones = 42 supplies)

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2013, 04:08:45 PM »

There is an error

Ship hull [neutrino_blowtorch] variant [neutrino_blowtorch_bare]: slot id [WS 7] not found for weapon [neutrino_fusionlance]

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »

There is an error

Ship hull [neutrino_blowtorch] variant [neutrino_blowtorch_bare]: slot id [WS 7] not found for weapon [neutrino_fusionlance]

I've fixed the variant file in my personal version, but didn't update the download because it doesn't get called out generally, but definitely won't be an issue in v.1.6

Unless of course did this happen in campaign?

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »

Dunno if the discussion is welcome. But has anyone come across an alternative loadout for the Nirvash assault cruiser?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »

If your willing to replace the neutron lance on the front, you'll find you get much more op to play around with ( not including player skills ) , try replacing the pulse beams on the mediums with pulse lasers, mining blasters/ heavy blasters, even 5 mining blasters will punch a pretty big dent in most ships. ;)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »

If your willing to replace the neutron lance on the front, you'll find you get much more op to play around with ( not including player skills ) , try replacing the pulse beams on the mediums with pulse lasers, mining blasters/ heavy blasters, even 5 mining blasters will punch a pretty big dent in most ships. ;)

PBC's are brutal, I haven't got access to the frigin Neutron Lance.

I'm playing Corvus 17.1 atm.

I was thinking about just using Dual PBCs in the prow slot instead of a Lance. But I'm finding that EMP dmg is frigin boss in most fights, it'll absolutely cripple things like IF & Hegemony capitals

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »

Just as a question, does any body actually use photon cannons? Cause I'm thinking about replacing the non missile version in their almost entirety, lol

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2013, 01:10:43 AM »

Just as a question, does any body actually use photon cannons? Cause I'm thinking about replacing the non missile version in their almost entirety, lol

Not really, no. Too slow for my taste.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2013, 02:39:21 AM »

I do. Unstable photon cannon that is.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2013, 05:18:54 AM »

I don't even bother using the Unstable PC, they're ass to be honest.

Or rather, completely out of line with the utility of the rest of Neutrino's inventory of destruction. Same goes for the DERP launchers.

They both just end up being a waste of a slot that can be utilized by something else far more effectively.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2013, 07:22:23 AM »

I kinda like to use them a bit, though I sometimes wish that the shots weren't so easy to dodge.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2013, 11:09:32 AM »

The projectile homing of the photon cannons is what causes the ironic poor accuracy of the series, its why I have a replacement on the table right now, it'll be similar to the ppcs from x³ , slow unwieldy but painful.

I've also got the light photons to fire in bursts of 3s with reduced damage to help mirror the medium version.

Etc etc just as a last question  any opinions on the pulsars? Too low range? Not enough damage? stuff? :P

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2013, 11:11:38 AM »

They can't hit anything for 5 cents, i never use them unless im in a fast ship with them as brawler guns where accuracy is "whatever" since il be point blank. =I
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106