Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989240 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.2)
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »

Thanks for taking your time on my mod ^.^
All feedback is welcome, But I do say, fair points on most accounts  :)

This maybe because of the fact almost all neutrino ships are fitted with the narrow shielding, I personally find it a challenge myself in that I always have to be prioritizing targets that flanking or coming en masse,

I personally think of this of a skillcap-esque thing, the multitasking is still very straining on me to this day ( Darn you lotus ! )

I didn't give too much thought into the broadside of the banshee because of the weapon I chose as standard when dealing with broadsides, the pulse beam cannon, as you've noticed doesn't turn, so it's definitely hard to aim :P
It's a high risk/reward to use your broadside, you expose yourself to unleash as much damage in one burst, I can see to testing out more forgiving variants that doesn't use the beams with a possibly to adding in a minor arc to the broadside to allow ease of use for player and ai kind.

As for the speed, The most I can feasibly see the ship having, is 38-45, having 50 is pushing it into the cruiser range, but I think the feeling of maneuverability ( adjusting acceleration ) will satiate the feel of speed better than a speed boost.
If you ask me, it's always best to point the broadside facing towards the enemy while unleashing missiles for maximum damage, Or you can swap out the two javelins for what-ever large weapon slots you choose  :D

The singularity imo is in a good place, the Ai uses it decently in a attack/harasser role it's just survivable enough to take some glancing hits and can speed away (for the most part) from groups it can't face.
Only quirk I can think of is it's inability to capture and hold points since it doesn't have enough punch to quickly dominate points.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.3)
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »

Beware, neato update inbound.

Added another capital ship, (apology to uomoz for making his splash image even bigger than ever  :D )

gave every ship a system, some unique, some not so much.

Well, let me introduce you to this (somewhat) gentle giant.

This ship is a giant shield on some engines. The ship itself has no shields, but the central part has a monsterous 175k flux capacity with huge shield.

Don't fret, for it sacrifices armaments to carry this shield. The shield also has no ability to dissipate soft flux, and takes 1 to 1 damage.

Strategies are few, but it's this makes for a challenge of pounding the shield down, and the either destroying the ship or the central shield ( can be destroyed separately with slightly less effort, but you'll need to be at the side of the ship to get a clear shot. )

- Colossus - Without the Guardian shield module.

- Aegis -

Also a new ship dedicated to defense, this drone will protect the Banshee during daring broadsides or from sneaky Hyperions.

This shield drone can absorb fair amount of damage, making fighting it's carrier ship a much more dangerous affair.

Strifen

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:17 PM »

Ah, Neutrino Corp, innovative as usual - Looking forward to seeing how the shield ship holds up with hullmods; the op cost and ship speed will be interesting, as well as how those weapon mount placements deal with the danger of fighters.

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »

I spec'd a Lathe capable of ramming a sim Onslaught to death, back in .52 (haven't tested in .53a).

It takes upwards of an hour (probably closer to two), but it's doable. Tedious as hell, though.

Lathe, strip all guns. 50 cap, 50 dissipation. Extended, Hardened, Stabilized Shields. Augmented Engines. Whatever the hell else you feel like (perhaps Auxiliary Thrusters), just no guns (because that would make this too easy).

The first half-hour or so of the fight is just sitting in front of the Onslaught and shieldtanking until it's out of ammo. Then the tedious part begins: smashing into the Onslaught at (relatively) high speeds until it explodes.

I'm liking the idea for the Colossus, though I wonder how the AI will handle it. Certainly, that 175k flux cap is going to be fun to chew through. Hadron Accelerators do 9750 kinetic, translates to 19500 damage on shields before efficiency, assuming that the Colossus is still at 1.0 efficiency, it'll take 9 (technically 8.97, but you can't fire off "0.97") shots to punch through... using solely the HA. +50 flux capacitors brings that up to 10 shots. I'm assuming that Hardened Shields (and all other Shield-affecting hullmods) can't be applied to the Guardian Shield, being that it's a subsystem? If it can, that brings shield efficiency down to 0.75, which means I'd need 12 (13, with +50 flux capacitors) HA strikes... that's over a fifth of a Hadron Accelerator's total ammo count (including bonus from E. Magazines).

I think I should actually put in some practice fighting Neutrino fleets, first (which, admittedly, I haven't actually done).

-- Griffinhart

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »

I won't lie, If you personally pilot the colossus ( and actually equip decent weapons, you can in effect have god mode. You can recall the drone ( guardian shield) and it'll have the flux cap immediately set back to 0 ( cheting yes, i know, but the AI won't do this. ( EDIT: The AI will let the drone's hp drop to 0 and be destroyed, so you don't have to worry about this thing being completely unkillable.)

Whenever the shield is about to collapse, recall your drone and and pop it back out.

Imo, neutrino feels a bit strong with all the new systems, I'll prob take a patch to fix out all the kinks, but then again I think everyone got stronger as well ( damn you power creep! )
so I'll see how it pans out.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:06:10 PM by FlashFrozen »

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »

You can recall the drone ( guardian shield) and it'll have the flux cap immediately set back to 0
Ahahaha oh wow.

Now I'm trying to think of a workaround for that. Some way of generating ~175k alpha... Technically, a concert of three (or four) Titans, each armed with three Hadron Accelerators, equidistant from a Colossus and timing fire simultaneously could pull it off, but that's three or four Titans, each one at 25FP a pop. Also: the AI is horrible at using Hadron Accelerators (by keptin's design).

I mean, the obvious way to do it, easily, is just to get something fast, with decently powerful guns, to get around to the back side (or whichever side the shield isn't facing, anyways) of the Colossus and explode it from there. But that's the easy way, and some things are more fun to do the hard way.

-- Griffinhart

"

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »

I have yet to see how 3-4 colossus covering each other with shields is like yet, They'd probably take forever to kill xD I'mma see if i can beat the hegemony with just 2-3 of these puppies :P

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2012, 10:19:26 PM »

I imagine a large-enough swarm of fighter-weight craft could do harm, since they fly through/over shields.

Persephone wings are 2FP (soon to be 3FP) for 4 craft, and a single Titan has hangar space for 40, so that's 20 (soon to be 13) wings... brings fleet cost up to 65FP (58FP). Add an Auria, 20FP but +15 hangar so you're at 85FP (73FP) and 55 hangar, so there's room for an additional 7 (soon to be 5) Persephone wings.

1 Titan
1 Auria
27 (soon to be 18) Persephone wings

Puts you at 99FP. I think this could take on a fleet of Colossi. That's 108 (soon to be 72) fighter-weight frigates you're up against, plus two battleship-weights, with four flight decks between the two of them to service the fighter-weights.

-- Griffinhart
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:29:58 PM by Griffinhart »

"

Kaitol

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »

Got a crash in campaign map, error log:
Spoiler
1617660 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [neutrinoguardianFleet] not found for faction [neutrinocorp]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [neutrinoguardianFleet] not found for faction [neutrinocorp]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.return.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.neutrinoSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(neutrinoSpawnPoint.java:40)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÔÓÓ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »

Sorry about that, had a 12 hour shift today, fixed up that bad fleet file. xP

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »

Give it fortress shield and now only the kraken can break its shield!

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.35)
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »

Generic-half-an-update

Herp, okay... INTRODUCING! the all new Derp charge launcher!

Durable, Energy, Retaining, Pod! This CIWS magnetically stores 650 grams of pure positrons until they are released in a near perfect sphere around the casing acting as an impromptu high tech Flak shell.
Meant to be a last resort point defence system more than last resort flare launcher, this system is more likely to tear up offending missiles instead of leading them away or right back into you!

Product Manufacturer Warning: This product is generally less effective against hard targets, but may still make talon pilots who spout YOLO cringe a little when these products detonate.

Spoiler
[close]

General update to the Adventure sprite and making it larger.

Also, general sprite update for the weapons that sorta reused sprites since they were often hidden :P

Arsenal of the Corporation

- Missiles -
- Advanced Photon Torpedo Launcher - -Advanced Photon Torpedo Launcher XL - - Light Photon Torpedo - - Photon Torpedo Launcher - - Javelin Torpedo launcher - - Graviton Inversion Device -

- Energy -
-Anti-Proton Laser - - Darkmatter Beam cannon - - Photon Cannon - - Pulsed Beam Cannon - -

- Large Energy -
- Fusion Lance - - Particle Cannon Array - - Heavy Photon Repeater - - Unstable Photon Cannon - - Tractor Beam - - Neutron Lance - - Phased Array Cannon -

General balance changes into the negative territory, I really need to rename that particle cannon array D:

Code
Version 1.35
-Slightly increased initial amount of things being sold
-General weapons sprite update
-Phased Array Cannon now made built-in
-Added in Derp Charge CIWS
-Swapped Jackhammer's Maneuvering jets to Derp charges
-Swapped Hildolfr's Fortress Shield to Derp charges
-Updated Adventure class with two more small energy slots and larger sprite.
-Gave Adventure Fast missile racks to make it feel more rounded.
-Changed back Floh's Ai type to Support from Fighter
-Changed Floh's burndrive to Swarm-flare because of strange fighter + burndrive ai.
-Updated Singularity frigate variants
-Nausicaa 35000 hull => 32000 flux disp 450 => 400
-Colossus 24000 hull => 17500 flux cap 4000 => 3250
-Guardian shield/drone 5000 hull => 4250 flux disp 2500 => 2000
-Aegis drone 725 hull => 650 armor 250 => 225
-Slight reduction in Neutron Lance damage. 3573 Burst dmg => 3357
-Reduced Particle cannon array damage. 110x24 and 503 dps and 1800 ammo => 65x32 and 467 dps and 1200 ammo
-Reduced Pulsed beam cannon range 925 => 875

OH and if anyone wants the adventure in their own mod, they can have it, since It doesn't fit in terribly well with my theme, but urkay :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:06:20 PM by FlashFrozen »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 20, 2012, 01:50:57 PM »

man
how long before we can have HERPs
High Energy Release Pulveriser
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »

i would like to see more frigates

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »

Nothing specific?  :D

Guess I'll mix something up, But I personally dislike making cookie cutter ships, They must do something neat or unique :P

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:43:36 PM by FlashFrozen »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106