Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989211 times)

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.15)
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »

How does the Particle Cannon Array work? Is it like a Burst PD with near-unlimited charges? (Or so-high-you-should-never-realistically-need-to-worry)

EDIT:
Not sure if I like the rod that extends down one side of the Repeater. Never liked it on the Autopulse, but meh, even if it hurts my symmetrical OCD, I think I'll still use it, because pewpew all the things. Only 9 shots to spare at a time, though?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:16:37 PM by IIE16 Yoshi »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:28 PM »

It's more actually like a Heavy needler, exact... more pew, and energy.. and yeah, I had a dual medium mount, but it looked wonky so i just kept the bigger one and reworked it.

I made it look like a beam just for add irony  ;D but think of pulse laser+heavy needler with beams touching end to end so it looks continuous.

But strangely it calls it charges instead of ammo * shrug* no idea why since they don't recharge

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »

*imagines energy weapon ammo to be something like a disposable power core, a charge*

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2012, 11:30:21 PM »

I'm actually experimenting with another ship design, It has negative shield efficiency values (it'll still show up as 0 ) but this means as it takes damage, it actually lowers your flux, lmao

Gonna make it use up all flux so its flux will go up just by turning your shield on, kinda like the drohne atm.

Probably some kind of experimental decoy destroyer, but I'll have to bash up some kinda sprite for that. All I can say is, it's very masochistic,  ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:46:41 PM by FlashFrozen »

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »

That could make for an interesting shield. A shield that lives on being barraged with firepower.

Reminds me of this.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:17 PM »

While reflecting everything right back at them is nice, i don' think the game would let me :P but mmm, a magnetron/grinder ship is doable...

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »

I can imagine a ship with negative flux/damage efficiency being pretty damned OP. One could simply rambo up to an enemy ship with extended shields and sit in front of it happily while other ships get around it and pewpew away at it's back. Such tactics please me greatly. It's like playing any MMORPG all over again, a tank to soak damage, DDs to put out the hurt, then healers to fix them all up afterwards. A supercarrier could play the role of healer if the DDs in this case happened to be fighter wings.

Kaerras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »

Oh my god, I am in love with the tractor beam. Every shot sending little ships spinning before they pop. Its so much fun. :p

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2012, 09:58:52 AM »

I can imagine a ship with negative flux/damage efficiency being pretty damned OP. One could simply rambo up to an enemy ship with extended shields and sit in front of it happily while other ships get around it and pewpew away at it's back. Such tactics please me greatly. It's like playing any MMORPG all over again, a tank to soak damage, DDs to put out the hurt, then healers to fix them all up afterwards. A supercarrier could play the role of healer if the DDs in this case happened to be fighter wings.
But it's horribly boring and leads to no variety in combat.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »

Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon this is gonna be SWEEET!
Downloading right now, haven't been on the forums in a while but new sprites are refreshing. :D
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »

Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon this is gonna be SWEEET!

:D

Haha, I haven't heard THAT in a while.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »

Bah I feel terrible now, I scrapped the experimental ship since I had Artists-Photoshop-block on how it looks like  ::)

But in the meantime, got some more ideas on what I might add by going through the rearm mod for hw2 ^.^

Prob gonna be  missile capital Sorry to yoshi, but it's probably gonna be asymmetric :P

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.2)
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2012, 01:41:48 PM »

Voila!

- Banshee Assault Battleship -

Through and through a complete warship meant to defend shipping lanes. The large white stripes are actually often an indication of the experience of the captain, of which the minimum qualification is Rear Admiral.

So as a standard, all Banshees will be seen with at least two stripes, rarer still are ones with 3 or even 4 stripes which tend to be heavily modified to fit their Captains preferences.

Most often used as stand off distance missile platforms, these ships are well equipped to the task, with 3 Large missiles and 2 Large universals, they can be adapted to nearly any situation.

While it lacks the sheer amount of pd as older ships, the Banshee relies on good arcs for pd coverage.

Without huge and bulky integrated energy weapons, the extra power is shoved into it's highly advanced and powerful engines.

It has a broadside of 6 pulse beam cannons to deal with cruisers and destroyers.

*whew* this ship prob took 4 days of photoshop, which is more than 10 minutes of coding it needed to get it in the game. :P

*feels so proud* I love the way it looks imo, well at least parts of it, the parts I don't like eh... whatever it has a sexy back :D
Was probably going to name it Excalibur or something just for the cheese factor but decided against it. Well, Here ya go. :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:21:09 PM by FlashFrozen »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106