Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989208 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.1)
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »

Joke ship upgrade: Move the tractor beam to a turret with a 360 degree angle, so I can whack enemy ships with ease.

Ever seen an onslaught go 512+? I have.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2012, 03:46:02 PM »

Does the Neutrino tractor beam actually tractor?  :o

PHYSICS ABUSE TIME~!

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »

Does the Neutrino tractor beam actually tractor?  :o

PHYSICS ABUSE TIME~!
No, it just holds stuff in place, missiles go weird
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »

Awh.  :(
DSTech graviton beams achieve the same thing, just with a ton of kinetic DPS ontop.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »

Do you know if this is in any compilations yet? I have this plus minimash but it is so huge the game freezes after ten to thirty seconds now :-( and I have the giant drone ship and the ship with the lance precursor or whatever it is :-((
any idea how to fix freezing? I think its just too many ships and whatnot

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »

As far as I'm aware, this mod is standalone, but it did get offered to be included in Uomoz's Corvus compilation, but it may not be ready for that yet.
Does this happen when you enable the minimash mod alone and only in battles? or only when combined. My best guess is too many ships in a battle or you might be out of ram / video ram.
Try posting in the support forum if it seems really persistent.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »

nope, freezes in the campaign map. Its gotta be too many ships though, theres like 13 factions now lol. This mod is compatible with minimash technically lol but it runs my i7 into the ground lol

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »

Strange, since I've played with my mod and minimash together too but I'm lag free for the most part *pats 2600k*
campaign map imo isn't terribly intensive, but I did have some fps problems in earlier versions of starfarer, doesn't happen now though.

EDIT: Finished the ships within a ship, so gonna throw them out, of course, these things are pretty op with ships inside, so i'll make it part of a separate download where all the ships are unlocked/readily buyable.  Go DL from the alternative link if you wish to play the variants.

The shipception variant of the Hildolfr comes in 3 flavours, but they all taste op, so use the standard one if you conscious about things like that.

Spoiler

Apologies for my resolution xP
[close]

Hurrah!

double edit: fix'd download link so it really has everything
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:15:31 PM by FlashFrozen »

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »

How long do Vices take to arrive? There are two supercarriers, the megafreighter and the battlecruiser, 5-6 of those super bomber wings have been delivered, finally another of the two-man bomber wings have arrived, but still no Vice. I want to see how the Vice plays out :L

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »

All the regular ships have like... a 1 to 1 chance of being delivered except the singularities and hacksaws which come twice as often, but iunno it's as random as possible, could be easier to just start attacking any fleet you see that has a vice to try your chances of capping one.  :D

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »

Using Uomoz's Corvus. Already hostile with most of the system. Don't need more hostilities.  :P

EDIT:
Hrm, noticed that Singularitys (are they called Singularities or Singularitys? 'Singularity' being a name and all) have 0 crew requirements, so I thought I'd get a couple of them into my fleet, free firepower. But they don't seem to do much. Replaced their loadout with DSTech weapons. Two beam lasers with a minimum range of 1000, and a tiny PD laser that doesn't even fit in the mount. (the laser is about 4-5 pixels in size  :D) And, they never seem to want to attack, I think they may be treating the PD laser as an assault weapon, it was meant to be dual-purpose, but even though most of their firepower is up front, they still want to turn to use their non-existant broadside. They're not trying to flank, they're just kiting with the PD laser. Gonna refit, see if that laser is messing them up. I still really like their design, two medium weapons, one behind the other. Basically lets them hit twice as hard as normal.

DOUBLE EDIT:
The idea of shipception leads me to wonder what it would be like if the Singularity was a super-heavy corvette fighter.  :o

TRIPLE EDIT:
The idea of every Neutrino ship smaller than a cruiser, as a corvette. *drool*
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:41:56 PM by IIE16 Yoshi »

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2012, 04:08:18 AM »

As far as I'm aware, this mod is standalone, but it did get offered to be included in Uomoz's Corvus compilation, but it may not be ready for that yet.
Does this happen when you enable the minimash mod alone and only in battles? or only when combined. My best guess is too many ships in a battle or you might be out of ram / video ram.
Try posting in the support forum if it seems really persistent.
Hold the phone

1. Omega's minimash is huge, bigger than Uomoz as far as I know and that runs fairly well on my MacBook Pro mid 2009 with a measly 4gb of ram and 512mb (!!!!!) of VRAM
2. Fight for the Universe also runs fine in combat even with the really big fleets on aforementioned system
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2012, 05:31:27 AM »

guess my laptop is just derping pretty hard then :-( eh I've been looking for a gaming desktop anyways. any suggestions?

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:35 AM »

Yeah, I've been looking into getting a tower. Don't need something that plays all games at max graphics. But better than a laptop will do fine. Was looking at geforce 400 cards and a few gigs ram. But the naming grades for CPU still eludes me.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2012, 05:45:33 AM »

guess my laptop is just derping pretty hard then :-( eh I've been looking for a gaming desktop anyways. any suggestions?
Build one yourself, a budget of about £1.5K will get you a fairly high end setup, maybe even using one of the new GTX 600 series from Nvidia along with an i7 (Remember, all Ivy bridge has is better integrated graphics) and a fair bit of RAM (probably 16GB) to go onto a great mobo
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 106