Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989505 times)

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.1)
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »

After playing with this mod for a while, I've come to the conclusion that some of the fixed beams are INCREDIBLY powerful versus low-tech and midline ships. Perhaps changing them to kinetic would help? You already have the explosive beams on the welding ship.

Also, is it just me, or is the Nausicaa tougher than an Onslaught? It takes forever to kill the damn things.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »

Beams are troublesome in this regard, since they are the only weapons that can be dissipated with shields up, and that the higher techs are Very very beam resistant,

The issue I have with changing to kinetic is that I'd probably have to cut weapon damage in half to keep it where it's not overwhelming shields, but then it means they'll now do a quarter of the damage they used to do against armor, which will drag out fights enormously. But I can give that fix a try.

The nausicaa is the result of giving a civilian ship role to a corporation with a blank check to ensure their deliveries get through. Remove all the Pd, large weapons, excess luxuries and throw it all into armor and a good engine,

kind of like a blockade runner, there to get the job done, your best bet is probably a good salvo of reapers 1 or 2 will tear out all it's armor :)

Gonna patch this up with a change to the fighter role, since i find that support works really well with the new drones.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:54:48 PM by FlashFrozen »

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »

I liked your preview image with other ships as part of the sprite. Would it be possible for you implement a second, albeit identical, version of the carrier with it set up like that?

(Even better, make it slightly slower but allow the Singularity weapons to keep working. :D)

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2012, 01:53:07 AM »

It's sprite doesn't have all those ships inside it? Might use it then. I've largely avoided the Neutrino ships because of asymmetry. It bugs the hell out of me, which is annoying, because I love the style of the Neutrino Corp

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »

Check the OP for the 'real' version.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »

Thank you TA guy.
Hrm. I wonder if that carrier has enough flux vent to handle DSTech weapons.....
So much sadface if I find one of those carriers and it's using ballistic mounts instead of energy. I don't think it'll happen though.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2012, 03:58:45 AM »

Got the Jackhammer finally.

It's fairly awesome with it's main weapon, but I really hate the photon cannons (enough for me to swap them for Heavy Blasters).
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »

I'm contemplating the carrier with the ships inside but i'm not sure of the loadout, (because i can mix and match  ;D )

could be 6 singularities or the curret preview pic, or heck, you guys can ask for certain loadout and I'll make it happen ( I can't guarantee balance when you ask me to shove 2-6 ships inside of a bigger one) xD

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »

I'm contemplating the carrier with the ships inside but i'm not sure of the loadout, (because i can mix and match  ;D )

could be 6 singularities or the curret preview pic, or heck, you guys can ask for certain loadout and I'll make it happen ( I can't guarantee balance when you ask me to shove 2-6 ships inside of a bigger one) xD

Hold, da freakin' fone,

did you just say you were going to have it as a carrier where ships haven't taken off yet but their weapons systems are online?
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »

In short, yes.  :D

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »

Sounds like a lot of work, you'd pretty much have to make a new sprite as well as a new ship file for every single loadout (if I'm understanding correctly what you're trying to do there).

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »

In short, yes.  :D
Then make a missile/torpedo boat/ something with tracking capability so you aren't using a broadside behemoth that can barely move.
A Javelin boat would be lovely.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »

Heh, I scavenged weapons from DSTech and put them on my carrier. Twin super gravitons immobilize virtually anything, and if she gets closer, 5 burst lasers mounted up front quickly melt armor. I think she might be a bit OP with those 5 lasers up front. May replace them all with Neutrino photon cannons.

EDIT:
That said, all the hullmods I've added means she has no venting and only a small boost to capacitors, so she doesn't take kindly to using DSTech weapons because they all use extreme amounts of flux. (2 grav lasers = 2.5k flux/s......Still haven't found a remotely balanced ship that can handle that sort of demand)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:38:49 PM by IIE16 Yoshi »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »

I'm considering changing the large energy turrets into universal but that's really Iffy to me but should make it slightly more adaptive.

But you could theoretically bump the flux diss/s to 2.7k a second, but I have no idea why you'd need so much firepower xD

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »

As I said, two grav lasers can immobilize almost anything, along with provide some serious kinetic hurt on shields. Even battleships like the Intrepid, of the Lotus, grind to a halt if they get hit by both lasers. It's actually kinda scary when you need to stop using the lasers for a moment to cool off the flux and the Intrepid suddenly comes alive again. Almost lost my carrier because I was *** around and getting too close.  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106