Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 988997 times)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)
« Reply #1530 on: August 26, 2022, 07:08:33 PM »

good evening so I tried the unofficial version released not long ago but when I launch the game, it crashes for the reason "Ship hull spec [neutrino_blowtorch]" do you know how to fix the problem?

sounds like either you or a faction has that hullmod which no longer exists? you can fix this though editing your save file iirc

angeliqua hegmatiare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 27, 2022, 06:44:34 AM »

good evening so I tried the unofficial version released not long ago but when I launch the game, it crashes for the reason "Ship hull spec [neutrino_blowtorch]" do you know how to fix the problem?

sounds like either you or a faction has that hullmod which no longer exists? you can fix this though editing your save file iirc

can you be more specific please? what are the files i need to modify?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 27, 2022, 08:11:19 AM »

can you be more specific please? what are the files i need to modify?

unfortunately i dont remember the specifics. It could either be that the player has a null hullmod, or a faction. i think you can just open your save file in the right software and crtl-f search for the neutrino_blowtorch.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 30, 2022, 11:32:43 PM »

ahrimangame

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 02, 2022, 05:30:48 AM »

wow... the new ship designs are WAY STEP BACK compared to original designs... like many other did pointed out new designs may looks better in term of texture but are so generic like original game... i mean there is SO MANY lumpy models in general game already and in fact the reason i was searching for this mod was the original high tech edgy design, other way the site is fully of lumpy deisgns...
i do respect the modder for all his hard work and sharing it with us and he have my gratitude, but hopefully he too does respect users opinions... and this criticism is a fact like many other ones did mention...
well off to download other mods for this beautiful game...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 05:32:56 AM by ahrimangame »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 02, 2022, 05:50:11 AM »

Neutrino Corp really did quite stand out from the vanilla artstyle, but i like the new style as it actually fits into a kind of 'variant hightech'. Although i think it could do with just a touch more sharp angular details.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 02, 2022, 11:18:59 AM »

wow... the new ship designs are WAY STEP BACK compared to original designs... like many other did pointed out new designs may looks better in term of texture but are so generic like original game... i mean there is SO MANY lumpy models in general game already and in fact the reason i was searching for this mod was the original high tech edgy design, other way the site is fully of lumpy deisgns...
i do respect the modder for all his hard work and sharing it with us and he have my gratitude, but hopefully he too does respect users opinions... and this criticism is a fact like many other ones did mention...
I'd have to look at both finalized ship sets side by side, but thus far I think the new ones look rather good.

To each their own, I suppose.

83athom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 11, 2022, 01:54:44 PM »

I'm sort of torn. On one hand I sort of agree with you because I very much preferred the blocky utilitarian look. On the other I very much like the new looks because they both fit with vanilla and vanilla+ mods AND seems like they won't look as derpy with non-neutrino weapons fit to them.

omegasrevenge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 02, 2022, 04:16:22 AM »

There is no way the sell price is correct!

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 02, 2022, 06:33:31 AM »

Forge templates are from Industrial.Evolution.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 03, 2022, 04:40:36 PM »

Dev lineup for release, bar several frigates/destroyers that are still wip, but may still be subject to change. Not sure if Unsung rework will make the cut for release, either, since it's intended to be linked to some campaign content but I'm not sure if I can make it bug-free in time for my release deadline. Anybody that complains about it looking more like a conquest should pilot a conquest sometime, and tell me it's a bad thing afterwards lol ;D.

Neutrino weaponry is still TBD, I want to avoid the common syndrome of having token weapons that are barely sidegrades to vanilla guns, so the current plan is to refurbish the standout guns like the Neutron Lance, Photon weapons etc., while still having dependence on vanilla weapons for loadout options.

On the campaign side I have many ideas to implement, but so far tuning the ships and making every one feel unique and fun has been the priority. The Lorentz (formerly TheEND) has a fun new system that you'll have to wait to release to try out, but it makes piloting the unique combined aspects of "PHASE" and "CARRIER" fun (inspired by Termination Sequence, you may see where I'm going with this...).

Meelock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 03, 2022, 06:53:49 PM »

Dev lineup for release, bar several frigates/destroyers that are still wip, but may still be subject to change. Not sure if Unsung rework will make the cut for release, either, since it's intended to be linked to some campaign content but I'm not sure if I can make it bug-free in time for my release deadline. Anybody that complains about it looking more like a conquest should pilot a conquest sometime, and tell me it's a bad thing afterwards lol ;D.

Neutrino weaponry is still TBD, I want to avoid the common syndrome of having token weapons that are barely sidegrades to vanilla guns, so the current plan is to refurbish the standout guns like the Neutron Lance, Photon weapons etc., while still having dependence on vanilla weapons for loadout options.
Very neat, only gripe is the conquest varient's wings are a tad too dark to be fully visible on starscape, imo. Also, all ships that rely on collision damage are jank and cringe.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 06:55:46 PM by Meelock »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 04, 2022, 08:09:58 AM »

I think the Unsung and the other capital next to it - I forget the name now - are too greebled and should be smoothed out a bit.

I understand that NC being early days FF art is too smooth for vanilla, but this is too far the other way.

Also the new asymmetrical ship right of the Lorentz, something about it just doesn't look finished.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 04, 2022, 04:24:43 PM »

I think the Unsung and the other capital next to it - I forget the name now - are too greebled and should be smoothed out a bit.

I understand that NC being early days FF art is too smooth for vanilla, but this is too far the other way.

Also the new asymmetrical ship right of the Lorentz, something about it just doesn't look finished.

Cool opinion, unfortunately I don't agree.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 04, 2022, 06:47:03 PM »

Happily with that attitude i've suddenly stopped caring!
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106