Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989497 times)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)
« Reply #1455 on: April 19, 2022, 04:25:52 PM »

my god... these new sprites look amazing! I hope you will release ressources to make custom paintjobs easier to make because I can see a lot of potential here!

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 19, 2022, 08:03:18 PM »

my god... these new sprites look amazing! I hope you will release ressources to make custom paintjobs easier to make because I can see a lot of potential here!

thanks, but i really don't know what you mean by resources

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 19, 2022, 09:51:52 PM »

Raw sprite

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 19, 2022, 10:54:35 PM »

Neutrino had a need of rework for some time. It is good it is gettin love and  being overhauled.

React52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 20, 2022, 12:57:51 PM »

am I the only one that actually prefers the older smoother style? I know that looks like it fits into the game more but the smoother ships give a good aesthetic as well.
oh god..

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 21, 2022, 12:21:19 AM »

am I the only one that actually prefers the older smoother style? I know that looks like it fits into the game more but the smoother ships give a good aesthetic as well.

feel free to make your own private skins if you can't handle the swag ;)

React52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 21, 2022, 03:17:00 PM »

..no offense or anything but if I wanted vanilla looking ships, I would just play..vanilla. But no we are here for these beautifully created ships, they really don't need change. Nothings stopping you, but this is just a view from a casual player of star sector. I wonder if anyone agrees too, probably, but will never say it. The work of these modders are amazing, they made what they wanted too. These ships had their unique marks, and to be stripped of them just to look like vanilla ships..is a shame. :(
oh god..

ER137

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 21, 2022, 05:15:53 PM »

So happy somebody still remember this mod, can't play this mod for a whole 0.95 version, now tomatopaste finailly decided to bring it to 0.95.1.
Anyway, thanks, tomatopaste. And hope to see Neutrino back soon.

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 21, 2022, 05:23:38 PM »

I wonder if anyone agrees too, probably, but will never say it.

To answer that question, yes, I also feel that way. I felt the same way when Diable received its sprite rework as well. It's not that the new look is bad or anything, but I've personally always preferred the sleek, angular look over a lumpy vanilla-like one. At any rate, just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one.

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 21, 2022, 06:17:06 PM »

Honestly I like both, and would love to have both in game, might even play with both in fleet. If i had to choose one I'd go with new sprite, while I also agree old angular look is very nice, what we "feel" Neutrino looks like isn't really up to us and I'm fine either way.

If tomato wants to appease the others he can add new sprites as separate model pack I guess, but I'll be going for new ones personally.

Hatios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 21, 2022, 08:18:50 PM »

Yeah, I also prefer the new sprites, Neutrino is pretty old and some of the sprites were showing their age, especially some of the weapons. I do not mind them looking high tech derived since Neutrino was supposed to be a Tri-tach collaborator in the mod lore.

JamesBai03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 21, 2022, 08:53:33 PM »

the new ones are certainly better imo. but honestly id go with anything so long as its updated lol

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 22, 2022, 09:43:58 AM »

People attached to the old designs need to re-evaluate their opinion without nostalgia goggles. While it's easy to make missteps while rapidly prototyping new designs, I'm endeavouring to create a much more consistent standard for the art style, which mixes vanilla high tech, and the classic smooth paneling. The old kitbashes are 50% high tech bits, and making the new designs look more integrated into the game's art style is no accident. I dislike the idea of a faction that claims to be vanilla-adjacent, but has ship art that looks out of place and as if it were developed in-universe in a vacuum, like some other mods on this board.

The middle ground I'm aiming for is the style that is most satisfying for me, because I am the person spending hundreds of hours developing it. I love the ships I have created so far, the Lathe, Banshee and Lorentz (formerly TheEND) are what I consider my best work to date. I understand that thoroughly overhauling the classic mod will trim a lot of fat that people may be attached to, or just as easily have forgotten, and it is a long process. I have no intention of making "classic versions". If you want them that badly, there's always a bootleg

Any initial public version of the mod will have a very edited ship lineup. In terms of capitals I've decided to include the Banshee, Dyson and Jackhammer, any more such as the Unsung will probably be reworked at a later time, or else discarded.

this was a joke if anyone didn't pick up on that

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 22, 2022, 09:59:33 AM »

Tomatopaste, if you need help with the sprite I could give you a hand, I have worked with flashfrozen in the past so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I helped on this project

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 22, 2022, 07:42:29 PM »

The middle ground I'm aiming for is the style that is most satisfying for me, because I am the person spending hundreds of hours developing it.

You have to realise, though, that by taking over an existing mod, you'll have to deal with certain expectation based on that that mod has been for many years. You are, in fact, not the only person who spent many hours developing it. If this was your entirely original work, it'd be entirely up to you where to take style and aesthetics of the mod, but when you take over a faction with a longstanding history and change its aesthetics, you will have to deal with people not liking it cause they got attached to it.

You should also keep in mind the difference between style and aesthetics. You can very much retain the overall aesthetics of the original while moving it to a more vanilla-adjacent style. The new Banshee is a good example of that. It's very much an improvement on the original that retains the overall aesthetics. The same can't be said about the Lathe imho, which feels quite different from the original with the loss of her signature asymmetry. It is of course entirely your decision how to go about it, I just thought I would mention it.

Also, you're greebling your plating too much. More clean surfaces would help with selling this as Neutrino already.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 106