Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986280 times)

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)
« Reply #1365 on: July 29, 2020, 06:42:50 AM »

Anyone have issues getting the hidden hulls? (unsung, etc) Im cooperative and commissioned by them, but no quest shows up.

As far as I know, there's no quest associated with the Unsung. You're supposed to just explore until you run into its station.

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 31, 2020, 02:55:44 AM »

It's locked behind a commission? That's a shame, I ran into the station on accident.

RartyMobbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 18, 2020, 11:21:17 AM »

I, too, would like to know if it's possible to obtain the Falken without using the console commands.

tbonek12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 08, 2020, 07:30:52 PM »

how does one make the Jackhammer 1 and NausicaƤ 1 avaliable in Nexerelin? iv been searching for answers through the pages but can seem to find them.

badamiral

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 21, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »

Anyone know a console command to trigger neutrino unsung quest? A full cycle at 100 no instructions

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 02, 2020, 11:37:13 AM »

Hey is this still being developed?

Loved it when I played it a year ago.

The new release of Starsector should be coming out in a few months, I hope this will be updated and ready to go with it.

Also can the jackhammer have those 4 medium slots added back?

When I was playing before the Jackhammer was at big risk of being overwhelmed by smaller ships... Removing those 4 slots really makes it not worth it.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:42:21 AM by fellabrando »

Sheodoq

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 03, 2020, 09:08:25 PM »

There's a bug with Neutrino shields. If a Neutrino capital raises shields in the front, a Doom can then mine strike directly inside the rear of the ship. This also works if the shield is raised in the back. It would seem mine strike only calculates for the shield and ignores the ship.

Also I found out that mine strike considers dead Mammut shields as "raised" so Dooms cannot drop mines around Mammut corpses.

Here's an Imgur link that Avanita helped me with.
https://imgur.com/a/ylfQxsy

In the 3rd pic, you can see 2 mines about to spawn inside the Jackhammer's rear
In the 4th pic, that's a Banshee Norn with Shield Bypass (from SWP) which would lead me to believe it's Neutrino's shield specifically and not the ships.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 09:11:14 PM by Sheodoq »

Ryers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 21, 2020, 04:58:21 AM »

hey gang. can you get silver lance in game, no hacks? if not, can it be re-added?

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 21, 2020, 10:32:45 AM »

Can we find all of the special hidden ships in a single campaign ? Or does only a single one ever spawn ? I've once randomly found the Unsung and it was glorious, the Hegemony was completely crushed by it, I hope I can find the others too.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 21, 2020, 03:08:44 PM »

You can get the Unsung from that special station around random black hole and Falken, last time I checked it could spawn with extremely low spawn chance IIRC.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 04, 2020, 11:14:02 AM »

You can get the Unsung from that special station around random black hole and Falken, last time I checked it could spawn with extremely low spawn chance IIRC.

I found the station...

It's not doing anything though. Is the mod bugged?

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 04, 2020, 11:18:27 AM »

You must be cooperative with Neutrino to get the access key, then click the 'shipyard' button in the storage menu (don't forget to bring 4000 supplies)
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 06, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »

Got it!

Edit: But it's ***!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:45:29 PM by fellabrando »

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 06, 2020, 09:35:50 PM »

Not at all, it's actually extremely good, however you need to put on the Neutrino Hullmods that change it's shields otherwise it can't protect itself properly, I'll share with you my loadout later when my power comes back on.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 07, 2020, 08:18:36 AM »

Got it!

Edit: But it's ***!

Here are my tips for using the Unsung:

Hullmods:
Spoiler
-Resistant Flux Conduits: Due to the large flux pool, you'll want to use it to reduce the venting time.
-Neutrino Omega Upgrade: It increases the damage dealt to capitals and cruisers along with other buffs, if you have the OP to spare it's always worth using.
-ITU: Optional if you want to use the ship as a brawler, but since many of its weapons are in the middle of the ship instead of the front it's useful.
-Flux Distributor: Optional, but you've probably enough OP to put it on anyways.
-Neutrino Tau Upgrade: This is the hullmod that makes this ship super good, it locks the shields in the frontal position, increases shield efficiency and massively increases their arc and deploy speed at the cost of a bit of Flux/dmg ratio
-Hardened Shields: It removes the penalty from the Tau Upgrade and makes your shield near impenetrable

All of these hullmods are a pretty solid choice to turn the ship into either a medium range battleship or a close range aggressive brawler.
[close]

Weapons:
Spoiler
-4 large energy slots at the front: Using Banes is a good choice for brawling, their high firerate makes them effective against both shields and hull, you can also put other kinds of fancy weapons since you have so much OP such as the Blade Breaker's large weapons. You could also put High intensity lasers instead if you wish to fight at a longer distance, but you'll lose on a lot of damage since this ship fares better as a brawler.
-2 large universal slots: Depending on what you chose to put on the 4 large slots you can put whatever synergizes with the other weapons, if you chose the bane then offensive missiles (I like using the Dust missile grand barrage from ED shipyard) or utility weapons such as the heavy Ion Lances (from Mayasura) are a good choice. If you chose something like the HIL, then you can put some kinetic ballistic weapons on there.
-6 medium energy slots at the back:Those are best used for point defense, DERP launchers are an excellent choice since they create a small explosion that absorbs ALL projectiles which can create a small shield infront of you that allows you to vent infront of enemies without fearing a stray torpedo, however you should keep 2 of the rear facing slots for some PD weapons such as the Magnetar in order to protect your exposed rear.
-Small energy slots: Those are for point defense, the small Magnetar weapons are a good choice, mix them up with some other PD weapon of your choice (LRPD lasers, Burst lasers, disruptors...) and you're good to go.
-Fighter bay: You can put whatever you choose to, maybe even keep them empty, the Drache super drone is a decent option since it has a ton of health and a phase cloak system which allows it survive a head on bombing run against capitals but it doesn't do a lot of damage and it's a little unreliable. You may even want to keep it empty for some extra OP.
[close]

Gameplay tips:
Spoiler
-Always max the Vents on this ship, you'll need it to fire all of your weapons.
-Depending on your loadout you may want to use the ship as a brawler for best results, keep the enemy capitals busy with your strong shields and Neutronium plating, make use of the ship's cruise drive to chase and pressure the enemy (you can vent mid-charge to stop yourself from going too far)
-Neutronium plating is an important aspect of this ship that you'll need to utilize, it can keep your hull and armor safe from a few Hellbore shots, you can vent right in the enemy's face if timed correctly and then raise your shields to allow the plating to regenerate (be careful, reapers and other high damage torpedos can remove it in one hit, especially when venting where its effectiveness is reduced.)
-The HERP emitter isn't a super weapon, it does poorly against shields and even with your massive flux capacity will probably fill your ship's flux by a 3rd its maxium capacity. Instead treat it as a close range, strike weapon, it's really good a stripping armor heavy targets, only use it when an enemy is overloaded or they're about to be. And make sure you're not in immediate danger before using it since you'll be unable to vent for a few seconds.
-The ship's mass allows it to ram pretty effectively, using cruise drive you can push away any frigate, destroyer or cruisers in order to get some breathing room, this can also be used as an escape method by turning towards your fleet and engaging the cruise drive.
-You're big, but you're not invincible, don't overextend and make sure there are at least a couple of ships close enough to give you some cover if you need to vent.
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:22:07 AM by Cyber Von Cyberus »

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106