Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986310 times)

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.82)
« Reply #960 on: December 12, 2015, 06:28:58 AM »

When I play Neutrino with Starsector+, the warheads of the advanced photon torpedoes seem to disappear (the lasers do not appear).
My internet is bad and it is possible that some of the files are corrupted, but I downloaded Neutrino, Shaderlib, Lazylib twice. Starsector+ is too big so I have yet to been able to do that.
Versions are:
Starsector+ 3.0.0
Lazylib 2.1
Neutrino 1.82
Shaderlib 1.1.2
Starsector 0.7.1a-RC5

Can anyone confirm this?

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 12, 2015, 07:21:51 AM »

Re, the balance discussion. I play against/as neutrino A LOT, they're easily my favorite mod in the community and I have a lot of experience with them (admittedly less in the latest patch because I only recently got my laptop back buuuut....)

Playing as/alongside neutrino has always been a balancing act, pre the missile buffs they were utterly overpowered and a single ship could annihilate entire fleets, after the missile buffs (infinitely reloading salamanders in particular) they became significantly less powerful and more balanced. That said they have always, and still do, suffer from a general lack of anti strike craft. The release of 0.7.0 was kind of a shock to the system going up against fleets of daggers and piranhas that easily tear apart the comparatively lightly armored and thinly shielded neutrino vessels.

Playing AGAINST neutrino has always been something of a cakewalk. If I know I'm going to be fighting them in advance (such as prepping to go to war) I flood my fleets with carriers and missile cruisers and then comfortably slaughter hordes of the poor things. Bombers and wolves with reapers are a vicious counter to the infamously powerful but narrow shields. They're also comparatively cheap. The neutrino phase ships, while irritating, are little threat to swarms of smaller ships and generally have to retreat after the rest of their fleet is wiped out.

/thoughts.

LuciferNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 12, 2015, 10:31:38 PM »

When I play Neutrino with Starsector+, the warheads of the advanced photon torpedoes seem to disappear (the lasers do not appear).
I have the same issue.  All it does is launch shrapnel at the enemy for no damage.

All I can think of is my captain singing the trololol song......

pigreko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 13, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »

Re, the balance discussion. I play against/as neutrino A LOT, they're easily my favorite mod in the community and I have a lot of experience with them (admittedly less in the latest patch because I only recently got my laptop back buuuut....)

Playing as/alongside neutrino has always been a balancing act, pre the missile buffs they were utterly overpowered and a single ship could annihilate entire fleets, after the missile buffs (infinitely reloading salamanders in particular) they became significantly less powerful and more balanced. That said they have always, and still do, suffer from a general lack of anti strike craft. The release of 0.7.0 was kind of a shock to the system going up against fleets of daggers and piranhas that easily tear apart the comparatively lightly armored and thinly shielded neutrino vessels.

Playing AGAINST neutrino has always been something of a cakewalk. If I know I'm going to be fighting them in advance (such as prepping to go to war) I flood my fleets with carriers and missile cruisers and then comfortably slaughter hordes of the poor things. Bombers and wolves with reapers are a vicious counter to the infamously powerful but narrow shields. They're also comparatively cheap. The neutrino phase ships, while irritating, are little threat to swarms of smaller ships and generally have to retreat after the rest of their fleet is wiped out.

/thoughts.

I had your same experience with them. The first time I tried them they were op. Now they are in range with a lot of other stuff. for instance, without direct control and adequate zoning, any neutrino capital loses vs an elite paragon, even the unsung. The fortress shield is such a good counter to burst. And templars literally shred me if I'm not careful, cause their missiles are insanely fast... laser pd is slower than them, wtf? speedy little bastards.
So i feel now I have to play a little more carefully instead of just sail into masses of ships obliterating them like I was doing in early patches.
On another note: even with 6 gb of ram given to ss + 8 xeon cores + 12 gb of video ram, the neutrino Gepard fighters slow down the game by a lot if deployed en masse. Peculiar.

Edigos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 13, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »

Hi Flash, I found the Quad Adv.P.Torpedo is not working correctly, they just fire empty shells, could you please take a look about that.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 13, 2015, 06:57:17 PM »

More bug fixes woo!:

Standalone Download here -  http://www.mediafire.com/download/9z4ssi7ac60zu6a/Neutrino+corp+1.82-RC3.zip

Should fix the Adv photon bugs

Changelog:

Spoiler
RC3
------------------------------------------------
Fix the "lack of hostilities to Knights of Ludd" issue.(temporary)
Some more ship mobility adjustment.
Hide the Unsung even more well.
Banshee the broadside hiden slot charnge into 3 build-in Duel Adv.P.trop.
TheEND's front 4 hiden mount remove.
Fix the issue that Adv.P.trop don't work with SS+
Rebalance the Neutrino market to make them more economic friendly.
Rebalance phase cloaks, They are more efficiency but will slow the flux dissipate speed by 50% when active.

[close]

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.82RC3)
« Reply #966 on: December 13, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »

Hope I don't make them product too many supplies and fuel...

Oh, and I forget to mention that I switch back to JDK 7 but never mind...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:13:09 PM by Deathfly »
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 14, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »

Dunno if it's intentional, but the Adventure has a burn of 3, making it the slowest ship in the entire modiverse.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 14, 2015, 09:16:50 PM »

Dunno if it's intentional, but the Adventure has a burn of 3, making it the slowest ship in the entire modiverse.

Will fix that if you could found one. ;)
And a free bug hunter

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 15, 2015, 11:51:38 AM »

To all those who got Index: 0 Size 0 error:
Please DON'T use 64 bit JER 7 ro repalce Starsector 's JER. Use a 64 bit JER 8 instead.
Starsector upgraded to Java 8 since 0.7a (but maybe it still compatible to JRE 7) and so do the Neutrino since 1.82 (and Neutrino is not compatible to JRE 7 any more).
Sorry for the inconvenient.

Note: there's a very good chance of Starsector going back to JRE 7 for the next release, for Linux and Windows, due to various issues with JRE8.

I actually can't even play with JRE7. My GPU has ~512MB memory, JRE7 seems to die miserably at that mark while JRE8 uses 1-1.5 GBs of textures happily.
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 15, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »

I actually can't even play with JRE7. My GPU has ~512MB memory, JRE7 seems to die miserably at that mark while JRE8 uses 1-1.5 GBs of textures happily.

Well, you can still use JRE 8. The JAR compiled by JDK 7 works find in both JRE 7&8.
And a free bug hunter

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 16, 2015, 11:39:13 AM »

Well, you can still use JRE 8. The JAR compiled by JDK 7 works find in both JRE 7&8.

I use a (heavily) modded launcher script and the system JRE (OpenJDK 1.8.0_66), it was more of a "bug" report. But thanks! :)
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 17, 2015, 09:47:09 PM »

Got a bug when I tried to join a battle against a Neutrino fleet.
Code
[Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.renderers.damage.DebrisParticleSystem.spawnDebris(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
at data.hullmods.NeutrinoNeutroniumPlating.advanceInCombat(NeutrinoNeutroniumPlating.java:318)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deployAll(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 17, 2015, 10:30:16 PM »

Got a bug when I tried to join a battle against a Neutrino fleet.
Code
[Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.renderers.damage.DebrisParticleSystem.spawnDebris(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
at data.hullmods.NeutrinoNeutroniumPlating.advanceInCombat(NeutrinoNeutroniumPlating.java:318)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deployAll(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

hmm, thanks for the report but I cann't get track on this one (yet). Could you please send me more details about it? (like you crash in middle of combat or not?)
And a free bug hunter

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 17, 2015, 11:33:45 PM »

hmm, thanks for the report but I cann't get track on this one (yet). Could you please send me more details about it? (like you crash in middle of combat or not?)
I crashed when I tried to join a two sides battle, with Neutrino as the enemy. The crash happened before the battle started, preventing the switch from campaign map to combat.

EDIT: Different save, joined battle with Neutrino as ally but experienced no crash. Also, I found 3 Banshees in the Open Market of a Neutrino station in Nexerelin, which was pretty surprising.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:40:10 PM by Nanao-kun »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106