Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986179 times)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.81)[0.65.2a]
« Reply #915 on: November 22, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »

ya I actualy saw that after posting it :P didn't mention it but ya figured I could still do it tho :)

also how is fixing a mod and letting people download it just to be nice and actualy making no profit out of doing so contributing to stealing or being impolite in any way??? makes absolutely no sense! You are basicly saying that I am doing something bad and not constructive... which is actualy the complete oposite lol
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:32:43 PM by lilstrip »

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 22, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »

alright found the problem where you have a crash when starting a game. Its in the jars, scripts, systems and its one of those files creating the crash. will try removing them and see if it stops the game from crashing

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 22, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »

Also how is fixing a mod and letting people download it just to be nice and actually making no profit out of doing so contributing to stealing or being impolite in any way??? makes absolutely no sense! You are basically saying that I am doing something bad and not constructive... which is actually the complete opposite lol

Common decency. It's not about being constructive, It's called being respectful to someone else's work, yeah sure you may be doing something nice for the users, but if you haven't at least asked for permission from the author it's still technically stealing. It's one thing to ask and never get a response, maybe they've disappeared off the face of the multiverse, in that case I'd say consequences be damned, uploaded it. If they suddenly make a resurgence and then politely ask for you to remove it at a later date? then do so. If you ask and they say no, then it's best to comply with their wishes.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 22, 2015, 02:26:58 PM »

stealing: take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

I am not stealing ANYTHING if the creator is giving it out for free. Stealing applies only if you take an object from someone and not giving it back. In this case, you are trying to say that actualy fixing something which is A COPY, not a copyrighted, payed content, or an unique object which can't be copied is stealing! Makes no bloody sense! XD Seriously, stop trying to be the internet police, if anything, why the *** would he say no lol makes no sense! No one likes fixing *** and would rather have everything work in case of modding because its a pain. But seriously, learn the defenition of words. This is not stealing in any way...

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 22, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »

stealing: take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

I am not stealing ANYTHING if the creator is giving it out for free.
That's absolutely completely false. Copyright laws apply even if the author decided to release it for free. If the author wants to let his work die, it's his most fundamental right and you cannot change that. And since it's an artistic piece of work, tampering it for your own enjoyment is also technically illegal, as all of the formal EULA specifies it. It's like all those Facebook re-poster that earn money on videos they took from other people on youtube: they may have been online for free, but that's still a theft.

in that case I'd say consequences be damned, uploaded it.
And that is the exact opposite of what you should do. Even if there is no reply you cannot take or modify anyone's work. Period.

[edit] Sorry if I sound all worked up but it's tiring to always have to repeat the same thing over and over. If it's on Google it doesn't mean it's free, if it's free it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:10:29 PM by Tartiflette »

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 22, 2015, 02:57:29 PM »

I'll keep silently endorsing the point then.

Back to the cataclysm.

See stealing in the literal sense of the term is the theft of someone else's property. That is to say stuff that belongs to them, say someone built a house, government comes in and takes it without any reason. Stealing.

Now we look at the mod. FF (as he will now be referred to) as well as the people who assisted with it (As listed on the front page) built this mod from the ground up. This is THEIR work and not yours. It's not that fixing the mod for new versions of the game is a bad thing, but it's PROTOCOL. Respecting peoples work is paramount, it doesn't matter if you're not doing anything nefarious with it, claiming that this is all your doing. It doesn't matter whether FF says yes or no to your request to release a modified version of the mod for the users (AKA US) so long as you've done it, it's polite.

Again the difference between asking forgiveness and asking permission. If FF had said "release variants of the mod if you wish, I don't care." on a previous page of the mod thread this entire argument would be a complete waste of time. But unless you can directly quote our Frozen lord this argument will continue.

Back to stealing. If you were giving out free food to the people would you prefer if people actually came up and asked instead of simply taking it? I know I would, it makes things easier to keep track of.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 22, 2015, 03:23:58 PM »

I think this is just a misunderstanding.

Yes, there is an active mod author working on Neutrino. His forum name is Deathfly, and he and Flash collaborated in keeping this mod up to date.

No, there is no reason for you to try fix and update this mod because Deathfly is already working on an update. Even if you did get a working version early, the official patch would probably be released a day or two later.

Alright, hope that clears up things, lets try not to derail this mod thread even more.
I really don't know what I'm doing...

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 22, 2015, 04:11:50 PM »

true, also can't actualy keep trying to fix it, for some reason, looking at a white screen for a while makes me want to vomit so I will actualy stop :/ anyway, I guess I will let him fix it because I seriously need to stop right now... I feel like ***

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 22, 2015, 07:08:24 PM »

Even if you did get a working version early, the official patch would probably be released a day or two later.

Well, sorry to disappoint you but I don't think my new patch will come out in days. So far I fixed and relocated star systems, relocated some stations to keep you out form be burned by stars, rebalanced all ship's burn speed and supplies cost to fit 0.7a, rebalanced all ship's OP and flux and armro to make then lease overpower and more fun, rebalanced some weapon to make them fit 0.7a change and make them really useful, adjustmented fighter wings, adjustmented some missile AIs, and hidden Unsung to some where harder to find and harder to reach.

For now I need some more test play to make sure every change I made works right and this will take time. So I think my patch will come out sooner then soon™, but not as soon as you thought.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 23, 2015, 05:07:59 AM »

So its coming Sooner? :)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 23, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »

Btw, how did you manage to fix that crash with the jar files? I am not a good modder yet but I do have enough knowledge to actualy fix the mod. The only thing that I still have problems with are the jar file crashes which, are kindof a mess, and are also really hard to pinpoint because of the crash logs. Would be really cool if you could tell me cuz I would like to learn that and hopefully make of mod of my own which would add a bunch of star systems, planets and lore to the campaing :)

btw sorry for going off track about the mod XD
also sorry for the begining of a flame war i started lol, I am still learning about social skills XD hopefully I could actualy do stuff on this forum withougt screwing up every time I open my mouth lol, really trying to do something good here but it seems like there are alot of rules simply not said which are hard for me to know about... anyway, last thing, did I actualy find some of the problems or do I still need to learn how to use the crash logs? Because the info the crash logs give back is just so god damn hard to understand when it comes to the combat.api or planet.api crashes, I litterally couldn't understand what they were refering too. Also, I am not an adult, only 16 so I still have alot of time to learn XD
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:20:24 AM by lilstrip »

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2015, 09:55:45 PM »

still waiting :P

can't wait tho :P

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a]Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.82)
« Reply #927 on: December 06, 2015, 08:19:51 PM »

In collaboration with Deathfly ( he did all the work  ;D )

Neutrino will now be returning to Starsector more properly integrated
Balance changes were made so don't expect them to play the same.

>>> Version 1.82 <<<<

Standalone Download here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ctc57zpzd9shb3d/Neutrino+corp+1.82.zip

Try out the dual armor :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:29:56 PM by FlashFrozen »

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.82)
« Reply #928 on: December 07, 2015, 07:59:23 AM »

Oh boy, I need this in my life. A Thank you to both of you.
The question that needs answering is: Can I still get the Unsung
Spoiler
by going to the unmarked solar system?
[close]

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.82)
« Reply #929 on: December 07, 2015, 10:15:54 AM »

Yerp, but you can no longer find it where you used to, pretty much a lottery, so bring some fuel :p

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106