Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986339 times)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.8)[0.65.1a]
« Reply #780 on: February 01, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »

You might want to save before going to the small research station though.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 10, 2015, 06:08:19 AM »

If you're at friendly, Go and have a look inside Corona Australis, see if anything tickles your fancy over there. It's kind of awkward over there atm because there's no pirate presence.

If I understand correctly.
Its not hard to grind relationship with neutrino by derping pirates in Corvus, but a small pirate presence in CA, or a second Neutrino system with pirates and a hostile faction to fight would be sweet.

Anyways, after a long long time since my last time playing as Neutrino, I'm doing another play-through flying them. I has feedback! I'm not flying caps yet so its limited to cruiser and below.

Firstly, its as enjoyable as I remembered it to be. One of the most unique factions out there, and it doesn't hurt that the art is wonderful :D

I did however find a few ... issues.

• Siege mode on the Maul is broken - when you activate it your turrets track uncontrollably to the side.
  • These days the fuel usage feels too high. At around twice the vanilla ships its punishing before you get into the added fuel cost from the tugs you need on anything slower than a light destroyer, its basically unpossibru to chase after bounties in anything other than a frigate + 1 destroyer fleet.
    I don't even have fuel tankers, or a cargo ship I can use the SS+ expanded fuel tanks HullMod on. Maybe 1.5x stock?
  • The missile boost has hurt NE PD hard.
    • The Disruptor just doesn't cut it any longer.
    • The Relativity is coffin bait, and Lashers/Buffalos are the bane of your life.
    • Using Burst PDs or BDRY Argus PDs is pretty much necessary to survive as a frigate or destroyer - or a cruiser with mainly small PD like TheEND.
    • Its only going to get worse when most launchers get unlimited/regenerating ammo next patch. Either the disruptor needs buffing, or (better) maybe add a light antiproton pd and make the disruptor have less dps and higher rof. Its just so much fun to see those harpoons turn back, I mix a few in with proper PD on ships where I can afford to.
    • Finally, the Antiproton laser is incredibly flux-inefficient compared to what the rest of the sector has - most frag weapons have a ~4:1 dps/flux ratio, while here its 1.25:1.
  • Flipside of that, most NE missiles are a waste of OP now.
    The Sledgehammer can just about kill a frigate, but I haven't managed to kill anything except a Buffalo in the simulator without using non-NE missiles.
  • The charge mechanics on the Pulsed Beam Cannon annoys me. It only has the one charge, so its not like it actually does anything except make the weapon info card present the wrong numbers. Reckon either put it @ 2-3 charges, or remove the charge mechanic? The large mount has 5 charges, so 3 feels about right here.
  • ... I get that the Gepard Sechs is supposed to be a really expensive, almost joke wing, but 81 supplies per deployment, compared to 13 for a Drei? 3.125x the cost per deployment to save on 10% deployment cost ...
  • 30 supplies to deploy a Schwarm wing D:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:32:20 AM by Taverius »
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 10, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »

Ooo. Finally found someone else who integrated Tri-Tachyon rivalry and gets away with it. <3

Designs are really nice and really time-spent... *drools*
@p@
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 10, 2015, 06:58:57 PM »

I expect ominously sadistic and rather dirty outcomes when EI references her salvaged Tri-Tachyon ship designs with others.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 10, 2015, 08:12:06 PM »

Pfft!

Hmph.
>-<
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 11, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »

If you're at friendly, Go and have a look inside Corona Australis, see if anything tickles your fancy over there. It's kind of awkward over there atm because there's no pirate presence.

If I understand correctly.
Its not hard to grind relationship with neutrino by derping pirates in Corvus, but a small pirate presence in CA, or a second Neutrino system with pirates and a hostile faction to fight would be sweet.

Anyways, after a long long time since my last time playing as Neutrino, I'm doing another play-through flying them. I has feedback! I'm not flying caps yet so its limited to cruiser and below.

Firstly, its as enjoyable as I remembered it to be. One of the most unique factions out there, and it doesn't hurt that the art is wonderful :D

I did however find a few ... issues.

• Siege mode on the Maul is broken - when you activate it your turrets track uncontrollably to the side.
  • These days the fuel usage feels too high. At around twice the vanilla ships its punishing before you get into the added fuel cost from the tugs you need on anything slower than a light destroyer, its basically unpossibru to chase after bounties in anything other than a frigate + 1 destroyer fleet.
    I don't even have fuel tankers, or a cargo ship I can use the SS+ expanded fuel tanks HullMod on. Maybe 1.5x stock?
  • The missile boost has hurt NE PD hard.
    • The Disruptor just doesn't cut it any longer.
    • The Relativity is coffin bait, and Lashers/Buffalos are the bane of your life.
    • Using Burst PDs or BDRY Argus PDs is pretty much necessary to survive as a frigate or destroyer - or a cruiser with mainly small PD like TheEND.
    • Its only going to get worse when most launchers get unlimited/regenerating ammo next patch. Either the disruptor needs buffing, or (better) maybe add a light antiproton pd and make the disruptor have less dps and higher rof. Its just so much fun to see those harpoons turn back, I mix a few in with proper PD on ships where I can afford to.
    • Finally, the Antiproton laser is incredibly flux-inefficient compared to what the rest of the sector has - most frag weapons have a ~4:1 dps/flux ratio, while here its 1.25:1.
  • Flipside of that, most NE missiles are a waste of OP now.
    The Sledgehammer can just about kill a frigate, but I haven't managed to kill anything except a Buffalo in the simulator without using non-NE missiles.
  • The charge mechanics on the Pulsed Beam Cannon annoys me. It only has the one charge, so its not like it actually does anything except make the weapon info card present the wrong numbers. Reckon either put it @ 2-3 charges, or remove the charge mechanic? The large mount has 5 charges, so 3 feels about right here.
  • ... I get that the Gepard Sechs is supposed to be a really expensive, almost joke wing, but 81 supplies per deployment, compared to 13 for a Drei? 3.125x the cost per deployment to save on 10% deployment cost ...
  • 30 supplies to deploy a Schwarm wing D:

ooo feedback, yeah I'm giving it another passover for beam weapons for the new release, reduced down the gepard cost a bit, i think i'll leave the schwarm where it is for now, since they almost never die.
As for the maul bug, i'll take a look, i see it turning the opposite of where you aim, but idk why it stopped working now.

EDIT: fix'd the maul. Redl for great glory.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:07:21 PM by FlashFrozen »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 11, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »

Well, the Gepard Drei spawns as many Schwarms as a Schwarm wing, but costs 13 per deploy (which feels pretty spot on for it) so it feels a bit strange.

Anyway - an Eagle costs 32 supply to deploy. Nice as a Schwarm wing is, it ain't that nice :D

I'm a bit further along now (6/5/10, Lathe/Grinder/Singularity/Singularity) and after some consideration I have to say, the (L) Pulsar Beam is too good, and the (M) not good enough.

They both have high dps and medium flux efficiency with medium range, but:

The (L) has awesome alpha, great accuracy. It annihilates everything in short order, overloads cruiser shields, and you can snipe through gaps in frigate's shields at its max range.

The (M) has medium-poor alpha, awful accuracy. You don't hit frigates with it unless you're in melee range, and against destroyers and larger you slowly wear away at the entirety of their armor.

I reckon the large needs its alpha dropped a bit and its accuracy lowered a tad - there's little reason to mount large neutrons when the pulsar has comparable alpha strike and essentially instahits to boot.

On the flipside the medium needs its dps subdivided over fewer shots, and it needs to be able to hit roughly in the same area - right now you're always better off with AM blasters, unless its a secondary weapon for a Grinder class or above where you can run neutrons as secondaries to large pulsars.

Misery does a handy job at filling the pressure role that's filled by medium beams or pulse lasers in vanilla, but you lack a proper damage weapon for when you've forced the shield down, except in cases where you're giant-killing and neutrons will do.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.8)[0.65.2a]
« Reply #787 on: February 11, 2015, 07:12:37 PM »

each Gepard can only gets 2 schwarms (6 for drei, 12 for Sechs), but the schwarm wing will have 42 schwarm drones total including the originals.

The L actually already has the worst accuracy of all them, but like you said you get the most punch in each shot.
For the M it's kinda like a heavy blaster mixed with a pulse laser, I'll test a bit to see for alternatives.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 11, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »

The L actually already has the worst accuracy of all them, but like you said you get the most punch in each shot.
For the M it's kinda like a heavy blaster mixed with a pulse laser, I'll test a bit to see for alternatives.
I think maybe something got messed up along the way (understandable since you're making the new sexy with DA, which is my next playthrough) but the L has a ~5 degree spread, while the M is like 15-20.

I was trying it in the simulator with 2 on a Hacksaw, and some of the shots were zipping by a dominator's sides into nothingness D:

P.S. I've had intermittent issues where Polarity drones would get stuck with "Not enough crew" if the crew they had got levelled up, even if there was enough crew.

Alex should be notified of it, I guess, but I was able to prevent it by setting their max crew to 2 instead of 1. It doesn't fix Polaritys that get stuck that way, but they're cheap :D

P.P.S. The Jackhammer 1 is missing the Sigma Upgrade built-in.

P.P.P.S. Dual Giga Pulse Laser description "[...]. Slow tracking and but deadly."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:24:14 PM by Taverius »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 11, 2015, 10:31:17 PM »

It might be that the L they regain their spread too fast, as compared to the M , nerfing that

the polarity problem I have no idea why it happens. There was a problem when it was 0, there was something strange about it after.

Jackhammer(1) is deprecated so not likely to be used, if you talking about the Sigma mod, it's optional since it isn't free.

fixe'd the description.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 11, 2015, 11:30:06 PM »

It might be that the L they regain their spread too fast, as compared to the M , nerfing that
Could be - the RoF is low for them to regain pretty much all of it.

the polarity problem I have no idea why it happens. There was a problem when it was 0, there was something strange about it after.
Think I remember that, back when the NE fighter wings and frigates had 0/0 crew.

Anyways, moving it from 1/1 to 1/2 seems to have fixxored it. You can test it by flying around with it on say, vet crew and then giving yourself some elites with the console.

Jackhammer(1) is deprecated so not likely to be used, if you talking about the Sigma mod, it's optional since it isn't free.
Fair enough. Sigma mod should use the new thingy for hiding hull mods since its built into non-deprecated NE hulls, same for the DA hullmod.

I have some ideas about the PAC built into the Jack(2) ... I think its mostly that the burst is too large, and it doesn't give the AI any time to recover. DPS could go down a tad, or flux up a bit, given the rather forbidding range on it. As it is I can one-shot most AI battleships that aren't skilled bosses with it, I just have to pelt their shields with miserys for a little first.

sc90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 12, 2015, 11:15:09 AM »

oh what a shame, i was friendly with neutrino corp and suddenly they attacked my 3 frigs and 1 destroyer
obviously they destroyed my whole fleet -_-

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

It wasn't mentioned anywhere at all but the thread title, but is this now 0.65.2a compatible?

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 12, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »

I've been playing without any crashes or major problems with it just fine, along with a number of other mods.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 12, 2015, 05:40:59 PM »

It wasn't mentioned anywhere at all but the thread title, but is this now 0.65.2a compatible?
Nothing major changed code-wise in .2a, it'll just be off somewhat balance-wise - missiles without ammo regeneration, energy weapons without the 25% dmg boost to offset the removal of flux boost or the beam range boost, frigs/destroyers/cruisers without timers.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 106