Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986367 times)

Scuttlebutt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.8)[0.65.1a]
« Reply #765 on: January 29, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »

Thanks for all the hard work, FlashFrozen. This and Diable Avionics are one of the few ship packages I can't go without no matter what.

Edit: It's a shame TheUnsung isn't available for being too OP. It looks awesome. Wish there was a lite-version comparable to the Banshee. Oh well, At least I'll have the Norn.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:59:47 PM by Scuttlebutt »

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 30, 2015, 12:00:04 AM »

Hello FlashFrozen! Not sure if this is a bug or works as intended, but a cannon placed in the medium size slot at the fore of "Vice" destroyer isn't displayed. Admittedly, I only tried it with various medium laser PD cannons, but all of these demonstrated the same behavior: they flickered for a moment when put in place, and immediately became invisible in both fitting and tactical combat screens.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:56 AM »

It's intended - you'll find that many neutrino ships use a mix of normal mounts and "hidden" weapon slots that don't display the weapon sprite.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 30, 2015, 05:30:29 PM »

Thanks for all the hard work, FlashFrozen. This and Diable Avionics are one of the few ship packages I can't go without no matter what.

Edit: It's a shame TheUnsung isn't available for being too OP. It looks awesome. Wish there was a lite-version comparable to the Banshee. Oh well, At least I'll have the Norn.

If you really want it, you can still find it in the campaign with a little exploring :D

Hello FlashFrozen! Not sure if this is a bug or works as intended, but a cannon placed in the medium size slot at the fore of "Vice" destroyer isn't displayed. Admittedly, I only tried it with various medium laser PD cannons, but all of these demonstrated the same behavior: they flickered for a moment when put in place, and immediately became invisible in both fitting and tactical combat screens.

Yep as wyvern said, I like hiding some mounts to preserve the way some ships look, maybe a bit confusing sorry for that :p

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 30, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »

If you really want it, you can still find it in the campaign with a little exploring Cheesy

BAH! I searched everywhere! Every single abandoned station, can't find it! IT'S A LIE!  ;D

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 30, 2015, 09:55:53 PM »

Heya, I have been waiting a long time to play this mod, waiting for it to be updated; Obviously a bit late to the party myself.

I'm going to leave some feed back in this post here, as I want to make Neutrino my home-faction. Right now I am in Corvus fighting pirates and selling the loot to the solar station.

Right away I was interested in the Polarity drone, but what worries me is that despite it's amazing base price, it still uses the same logistics per day as the shuttles do. It also has a burn speed lower than the shuttles, but I imagine they would be useful in larger fleets? Right now the Neutrino station literally has nothing to offer me.

I'll edit the post as I go.

I was forced to leave Corvus or risk losing the game- maybe its just my game, but the station was just not worth trading with! I found DA though, and they're neat. But that's for another thread!

I bought a Casuality class phase frigate, and I think it's cool but its AI is being super cautious, and it never goes in range to attack with its weapon even if I order it to attack a target. It won't even use its ability.. It's right now 100% useless to me, and cost more than a SCY destroyer sized ship.

Encountered some sort of a bug. When using the solar collector in Corvus, a Neutrino fast picket wanted to toll me, and I obliged. But the message says I have a 0 fleet size, 0 cargo, and 0 credit toll.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:32:43 AM by TartarusMkII »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 30, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »

If you really want it, you can still find it in the campaign with a little exploring Cheesy

BAH! I searched everywhere! Every single abandoned station, can't find it! IT'S A LIE!  ;D
There's a hidden star system that isn't visible on the map. ;)

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 30, 2015, 10:28:36 PM »

SERIOUSLY, I'm like a kid on Christmas Day. Going out to search that gem :)

Thanks.

Edit: So it's not the Ygrdasill Wreckage in Elysee. Moving on.
Edit: Found it! Thanks a lot Nanao :D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:40:28 PM by Tommy »

Scuttlebutt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 31, 2015, 12:14:09 PM »

If you really want it, you can still find it in the campaign with a little exploring :D

Yeah but it was still too OP so I edited the ship_data.csv and scaled its stats down to Banshee/Jackhammer standard. It's still hellishly deadly on a knife-fight though, especially if I don't stick it with PD weapons but at least now it needs to vent every few seconds of sustained fire and frequently gets its fore busted if I'm not careful instead of just having its paint scratched. Oh and I just noticed that large universal mounts can't fit smaller weapons unlike type specific large mounts. Is this a design oversight?

Still, it looks awesome and that's all I really wanted in a ship! Now about that jokeship...  ;)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 31, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »

Universal mounts can't mount any sizes other than the specified, part of the game actually, to keep the mounts from being too op :p

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 31, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »

Universal mounts can't mount any sizes other than the specified, part of the game actually, to keep the mounts from being too op :p

Not that I insist, but I was wondering if you could respond to the feedback I left? I want to use Neutrino, and I'm not exactly sure how. lol

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 31, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »

Not that I insist, but I was wondering if you could respond to the feedback I left? I want to use Neutrino, and I'm not exactly sure how. lol

Ah right, I didn't see when you edited it with more feedback.

In general the polarity is meant as cheap cargo space expansion, for 900-1000~ credits you get 50 cargo space, straight up it has no weapons so no use other than bait in a fight. Or you can buy the 4000-5000 credit hermes which will match the cargo. Or get a hound for 8k and 75 cargo. If you get the mercury, you get a whopping 20 cargo.

At 0.5 logistics a day, there aren't exactly any other ships that are cheaper.

In general, selling loot is almost a waste of time, tariffs mean and meagre profits you get will be offset by supply used in CR, the only ways to make good money are Bounties, which Neutrino doesn't offer yet or cash in on food shortages, which are opportunistic ( just lug some food around all the time but you'll get inspected for more if you're unlucky).

Which brings me to the 0% tariff policy for neutrino. :D
Free reputation points for not being a big bad contraband smuggler/pirate.

Phase ships were always fairly nitpicky, if you can, slap a longer range energy weapon so it can be cautious but still fire, as for the ship system it's based on the flare launcher so it actually only fire if a missile is near (lol) I'd say more a playership than a fleetship.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 31, 2015, 08:20:01 PM »

Other than the hidden system, where else can I find Neutrino markets? In most playthrougs, the solar collector has pretty much nothing useful. =P

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 31, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »

If you're at friendly, Go and have a look inside Corona Australis, see if anything tickles your fancy over there. It's kind of awkward over there atm because there's no pirate presence.

If I understand correctly.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 01, 2015, 01:33:19 AM »

Ah okay thankyou, I'll go check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106