Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 986114 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.8)[0.65.1a]
« Reply #750 on: January 17, 2015, 12:41:22 PM »

Its a toy that you consent to use and know being overpowered, and since its hidden and not common knowledge, consider it an easter egg :)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 18, 2015, 04:04:39 AM »

well...I accidentally found that Unsung in a bounty hunt long time ago.
Then i tried to take it out and got myself stuck in that god**** system because Unsung's 20/ly fuel demand drain me out instantly.

A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Gejnor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 18, 2015, 04:23:46 AM »

Some stations just aren't big enough to house all the bells and whistles like a faction devoted shipyard. You'll probably have to look in other systems to find their more developed areas.

If you're at friendly, Go and have a look inside Corona Australis, see if anything tickles your fancy over there. It's kind of awkward over there atm because there's no pirate presence.

Oh, do'h, i checked some systems just incase there was something like this and didn't even think about if there was a NEW system or anything, i'll go there post-haste, thanks!

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 18, 2015, 06:54:53 AM »

Can someone PM me the abandoned station where the Unsung is ? :)

Don't want to spoil the chase for anyone else, but I did search basically everywhere for it!

vaio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 21, 2015, 12:17:26 PM »

Necessary to alter CR recovery rate (per day) - it Very Low !
Onslaught has the Lowest CR recovery rate 3%, Paragon  has the CR recovery rate 4%
Neutrino ships has Lowest CR recovery rate 0.5% (these ships are always not ready to fight, but always consume resources).
I hope that will fix this problem.

And in Vice Destroyer ship system is written : Scout Drohne (may be change this to Scout Drone)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:12:33 PM by vaio »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 21, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »

They're designed to be high tech ships, that only lose a small amount of CR per battle, but have a very low recovery time, meaning using stations becomes a much bigger consideration, its one of the things that helps balance them.
Without it they'd be even more powerful, and hey, you need to drag them down somehow.

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 21, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »

I haven't played with the Neutrino ships too much yet, but I am totally in love with the Causality.  It doesn't have the speed and acceleration to get to weak spots phased and it's pretty fragile, so attacking up-front with shorter-range/high-alpha weapons (heavy blaster etc) are a quick way to an equally quick fireball.  However, it has just enough maneuverability/acceleration profile to keep at range for most ships and hammer on them with a lightning gun and the phase missile ability.  It's a good challenging fight alone but when you're coupled with some other ships it's just pure murder - if someone has to vent, it's very hard for them to avoid strikes from the Causality's lightning bolts and missiles.

The only things that are a little confusing are the missiles.  They tend to appear in semi-random formations (which can be handy, especially if one appears behind someone's shields!) but have a very short burn time, which means that they have trouble actually even getting properly moving toward the target (pursuing anything is totally out.)  More puzzlingly, on a fairly regular basis I'll fire the ability and no missiles at all arrive (or occasionally just a singleton.)  I know they go after the current target so I suspect sometimes I'm just materializing missiles off-screen pointed at something else, but there are definitely cases where I'm right in range - targeted on the enemy - and trigger the ability; flux builds up and the usage count goes down, but no boom. 

Is there perhaps some way I'm missing of knowing something about the missiles before I fire, like where exactly they are or how many are in position so that I can better plan/time firing the ability?

Anyway, it's a great ship for lurking around fights beating on stragglers and for pretty tense battles with single enemy ships, but gets eaten alive by missiles and fighters (high cloak cost and low flux pool) and fighting multiple enemies at a time is seriously dangerous.  I totally dig it and it's fun as all get out to play.  Nice work, and thank you!

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 21, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »

Necessary to alter CR recovery rate (per day) - it Very Low !
Onslaught has the Lowest CR recovery rate 3%, Paragon  has the CR recovery rate 4%
Neutrino ships has Lowest CR recovery rate 0.5% (these ships are always not ready to fight, but always consume resources).
I hope that will fix this problem.

And in Vice Destroyer ship system is written : Scout Drohne (may be change this to Scout Drone)

If you'd like you can re-dl for a slightly more upto date 1.8 just redl, I ninja update all the time but I've cut some supply costs almost in half, but they are a bit more expensove to buy. As well some of the names are German so that's what drohne is :p

I haven't played with the Neutrino ships too much yet, but I am totally in love with the Causality.  It doesn't have the speed and acceleration to get to weak spots phased and it's pretty fragile, so attacking up-front with shorter-range/high-alpha weapons (heavy blaster etc) are a quick way to an equally quick fireball.  However, it has just enough maneuverability/acceleration profile to keep at range for most ships and hammer on them with a lightning gun and the phase missile ability.  It's a good challenging fight alone but when you're coupled with some other ships it's just pure murder - if someone has to vent, it's very hard for them to avoid strikes from the Causality's lightning bolts and missiles.

The only things that are a little confusing are the missiles.  They tend to appear in semi-random formations (which can be handy, especially if one appears behind someone's shields!) but have a very short burn time, which means that they have trouble actually even getting properly moving toward the target (pursuing anything is totally out.)  More puzzlingly, on a fairly regular basis I'll fire the ability and no missiles at all arrive (or occasionally just a singleton.)  I know they go after the current target so I suspect sometimes I'm just materializing missiles off-screen pointed at something else, but there are definitely cases where I'm right in range - targeted on the enemy - and trigger the ability; flux builds up and the usage count goes down, but no boom. 

Is there perhaps some way I'm missing of knowing something about the missiles before I fire, like where exactly they are or how many are in position so that I can better plan/time firing the ability?

Anyway, it's a great ship for lurking around fights beating on stragglers and for pretty tense battles with single enemy ships, but gets eaten alive by missiles and fighters (high cloak cost and low flux pool) and fighting multiple enemies at a time is seriously dangerous.  I totally dig it and it's fun as all get out to play.  Nice work, and thank you!

Glad you enjoy the mod! The causality was always a bit of bugger, the phase missile system actually is just a spray of 5 hidden missiles that if they get near an enemy they'll spawn phase missiles, so if those 5 hidden don't actually get near an enemy they don't give any phase missiles.

Always keep an eye on your flux an overload is very easy to get :p

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 22, 2015, 07:26:30 AM »

I know Diable works with SS+ (granted, they don't seem to crank out their faction specific stuff very often, might just be low rep though), but how compatible is Neutrino?

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 25, 2015, 10:25:08 PM »

I've gotten Neutrino to work with a whole bunch of mods like SS and Diable, Junk Pirates, etc.

The game will start and the station in Corvus works, but the inventory at the small research station in their home system will cause the game to freeze up.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:13:29 PM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 26, 2015, 10:12:38 AM »

Phased Array Cannons: The Finest In Destroying Those Blasted Templars
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 26, 2015, 07:25:33 PM »

Phased Array Cannons: The Finest In Destroying Those Blasted Templars

In fact, beam will do hard fulx to Templars ships. So any heavy beam weapon will do so.

But there is another fact, Phased Array Cannons IS the heaviest beam weapon. :)
And a free bug hunter

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 26, 2015, 08:29:52 PM »

Give me a bit, the economies got out of whack somehow, need some time to figure why they are producing so much.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 26, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »

Give me a bit, the economies got out of whack somehow, need some time to figure why they are producing so much.

Well...this problem should caused by neutrinoGen.java line 53 to line 74, I guess.
Maybe these lines let the spawned fleets carry those weapon and dump then into stations.

Don't know mach about java. My field is functional genomics, and I alway done coding in that way.

btw
The PDs don't work well after .65 missiles buffed.
Anti-Proton Laser can't keep track on target onec it fired up.
Disruptor's beam goes too slow, so thay can hardly hit missiles.

And Neutrino's missiles need a buff too.
Advanced Photon Torpedo only have a 250 per missile dmg and 40 per hit dmg? What's its role anyway?
Javelin Torpedo work just fine. But if compare it to Trebuchet LRM form SS+...

I have some idea about Disruptor and had made a scripts to make it spin and push only missiles.
Interested?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:29:11 PM by Deathfly »
And a free bug hunter

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 27, 2015, 11:09:20 PM »

I've put up a new version if anyone who had troubles loading saves, try again with a new dl see if that fixes it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pknyt5rd2g3hw3s/Neutrino+corp+1.8.zip

Well...this problem should caused by neutrinoGen.java line 53 to line 74, I guess.
Maybe these lines let the spawned fleets carry those weapon and dump then into stations.

Don't know mach about java. My field is functional genomics, and I alway done coding in that way.

btw
The PDs don't work well after .65 missiles buffed.
Anti-Proton Laser can't keep track on target onec it fired up.
Disruptor's beam goes too slow, so thay can hardly hit missiles.

And Neutrino's missiles need a buff too.
Advanced Photon Torpedo only have a 250 per missile dmg and 40 per hit dmg? What's its role anyway?
Javelin Torpedo work just fine. But if compare it to Trebuchet LRM form SS+...

I have some idea about Disruptor and had made a scripts to make it spin and push only missiles.
Interested?

The anti protons were mostly for anti pilum work, salamander will always give them trouble,
The advanced photons actually are a bit deceptive, they can do up to like 710 dmg a missile ignoring what the tooltip says, but the new vanilla missile ai doesn't work as well for them atm. They were meant to be Pilum/lrm alternatives just like the javelin.

Thanks for the offer, but for now i'm just focused on bug fixing and getting the to economy work lol

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106