Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989264 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.7)
« Reply #450 on: September 18, 2013, 06:54:48 AM »

Overloading a paragon in one hit is actually kinda hard, I've set the bomb to deal about 2 mill damage ( one mill wasn't enough) to ensure even a paragon will have its shield popped ;)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2013, 07:20:54 AM »

Wow. I wonder if there is a way to make it have 2 damage values, one for hull and one for shields. That way it isn't too OP. It might be super rare through, making the bomber hard to find.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2013, 07:22:48 AM »

One step ahead :)

2 mill is only if it's a shield hit, otherwise it'll be a 12.5k (?) kinetic hit on a hull which should rend through most armor, but only leaving 5-8k actual hull damage.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 18, 2013, 07:33:02 AM »

This is one of the times that creative problem-solving makes the development cycle worth it in the end and makes all those iterations count for something :D

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 18, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »

One step ahead :)

2 mill is only if it's a shield hit, otherwise it'll be a 12.5k (?) kinetic hit on a hull which should rend through most armor, but only leaving 5-8k actual hull damage.

Aw, so we can't delete an Onslaught from existence with 2m damage?  :D

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 18, 2013, 07:45:10 AM »

Certainly possible, but I wouldn't be allowed to make it available on one bomber for vanilla reasons :p

Maybe if there was a twin version one Shield breaker, one Hull breaker I'd do it but there isn't much need for one shot bombers x) too much pd and annihilators in the way =p

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:07 AM »

And any remotely smart player (or alternatively, one that let the neutrino super bomber smack him for 10x his hull hp in damage) would focus the *** out of it. I know I do it to any bomber already, especially as Piranhas can get free damage by dumping bombs on top of you and ignore the shield.

Nexusin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 18, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »

I am also having a problem with the super bomber leaving the battlefield after launching once, instead of resupplying. It has more than enough CR and the fleet window display that it has replacement hull etc, but I just end up with the "Wing has no more deployable fighters" message.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 18, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »

I'll see if this an issue caused by the wing size being one. If it is I'll forward it onto the bug section but I'll make a note of it.

TescoBag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 19, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »

Does this work on 0.6 yet? I assume not from no (0.6a) tags but just checking!

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 19, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »

This is 0.6a compatible though support for 0.54.1a is lost due to sound changes. Most bugs have been worked around, some minor ones are still present such as all fighters that come in ones will not repair and resupply.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 20, 2013, 02:26:37 PM »

Any opinions on the extended shield Nerf for neutrino? Any comments on the built in hull mod for neutrino ships? ( mostly is the autofire with these ships too good/not good enough?) I might give 2nd balance pass in 1.75 with the addition of the home system.

Blackout1943

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 20, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »

this is one of my representations of one of your ships. this is my first time doing anything like this
hope you enjoy :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

TescoBag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 20, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

Any opinions on the extended shield Nerf for neutrino? Any comments on the built in hull mod for neutrino ships? ( mostly is the autofire with these ships too good/not good enough?) I might give 2nd balance pass in 1.75 with the addition of the home system.

I'm not keen on the nerf. How would I mod this out?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 20, 2013, 09:04:28 PM »

this is one of my representations of one of your ships. this is my first time doing anything like this
hope you enjoy :)

Cool :D

I'm not keen on the nerf. How would I mod this out?

Err ahh, you'll need to take out ExtendedShieldEmitter.java from Neutrino corp/data/hullmods
and edit out the 2nd line "Extended Shields   extendedshieldemitter      4   8   12   20   data.hullmods.ExtendedShieldEmitter   Increases the shield's coverage by %s degrees.   graphics/hullmods/extended_shields.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               "
From the hull_mods.csv

Then you can freely use the sigma upgrade with the extended shields.
Or you can just take off the sigma upgrade and use the extended shields.

If the ships feel weak without extended shields I have an idea on how to balance that out without resorting to giving more arc.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 106