Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 989042 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.6)
« Reply #375 on: June 15, 2013, 02:05:35 PM »

Hehe, in a unleveled character I find it kinda hard to get frigates off your rear without help :p

Just brainstorming up a jackhammer replacement, got the phased array cannon animated but I have no idea how I should rework the hull. I had like 3-4 different versions but none ended as I'd of hoped.

I kinda liked the shape of the jackhammer, prob why I'm having a hard time making a good replacement but t he current hull is completely ineffective ai wise so it needs a more ai friendly design.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 15, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »

I personally can't comment because ARGH ASYMMETRY  :P

As for the Unsung, put 6 Mjolnirs on it, it's flux is completely capable of handling the flux/s for long enough that anything dies under it. DERP launchers on the mediums grant pretty decent PD coverage and disruptors in the external small slots throw off missiles for quite a while.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 16, 2013, 01:17:12 AM »

I personally can't comment because ARGH ASYMMETRY  :P

As for the Unsung, put 6 Mjolnirs on it, it's flux is completely capable of handling the flux/s for long enough that anything dies under it. DERP launchers on the mediums grant pretty decent PD coverage and disruptors in the external small slots throw off missiles for quite a while.

having the 6 large filled with the heavy photon guns is pretty spectacular too, the rapid fire ones.. anything that gets in range is just bombarded into submission within seconds..

Not to mention the main HERP Emitter completely Melting anything that gets caught in the fire, 0 flux and shield or not, everything melts.

I haven't had the pleasure of facing a paragon yet, but from the track record, I think it would overload and melt just like everything else..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 16, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »

I rarely use the HERP Emitter, or Emitter-s- technically as there's 4-5 of them. Generally don't need it's firepower because so far, the mods that include Neutrino don't have ships that can really stand up to the Unsung and expect to win. I don't tend to use the Photon Cannons or Repeaters because flak shuts them down pretty effectively. The IFed -could- totally deny that sort of firepower with their Thunderchiefs but only one ship uses it in the standard IFed fleet and that's the Yukon I believe. I really wish IFed ships, hell all mod ships, had more loadouts. Neutrino seem to have all but phased out the Photon Cannon in favour of the Neutron Cannon, and though there is a Neutron Battery, I've yet to find a ship that uses it. I had that problem with the IFed. Trying to find a ship that uses HV75s and almost gave up on it till I noticed that Shoguns were the only ships to equip it.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 16, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »

I've still yet to make a giant space-chainsaw, but animating that will be the end of me :P

The only downside to the Herp, is that is slightly flux heavy, and that you need to aim your whole ship, sorta like the jackhammer, but with 6 large slots on top.

I've got some new variants with the neutron batteries, but it's still on hold until everything is complete ^.^

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2013, 08:08:36 PM »

As I prefer frontal firepower, pointing a ship at enemies is no biggie for me. And besides, then it lets you point 6 whatever-the-f**k-you-wants at your enemies. 6 Hadrons, for example. *whistles*

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 17, 2013, 08:58:24 PM »

I kinda wanna, ask which ships + weapons are the most disappointing? I'll give them a polish up/rework.

I'm leaning on the most unsuccessful as the Piledriver, Nirvash, Jackhammer for ships, and Photon Torpedo launchers, Darkmatter beam cannons for weapons.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 17, 2013, 10:19:20 PM »

For the most part, I just bought Piledrivers to tear out their cannon, give it to the Omnifactory, then proceed to smother my ship in them. Though, I feel the need to note that for the sake of keeping battles going, I remove the ammo count of the UPC. That way, dragged out battles don't turn into wars of attrition as one side waits for the other to run out of dakka.
The ship itself is okay, if woefully under equipped, even in it's job of basically being a space-borne A-10 and being a gun with a complimentary ship attached to it. I like the Piledriver's design. Though it's two small energy slots barely protect it from anything and the range of the UPC means that the Piledrivers get closer than they need or want to with their limited secondary weaponry.

Nirvash and Jackhammer I haven't much played with, because-
ARGH ASYMMETRY  :P
Though I have played with the Banshee because it looks like a flying sword and it spews forth so many missiles that it was too much to resist putting adv. launchers in every slot I could.

Photon Torpedo Launchers, and Photon Cannons both suffer from an issue which is that flak denies the s**t out of them. While spitting globs of photonic energy at mid and high tech ships is great because all they have is PD lasers or Burst PD, larger low tech ships refuse to be bullied because of their flak guns. Entire bursts of Photon Repeaters can be denied all day long by dual flak, or god forbid, the Thunderchief. I know that's the idea of flak, but yeah. Normal PD seems almost pointless against it, except en masse, while one can shoot down entire photon spreads and even punches massive holes in UPC walls of photonic energy.

Darkmatter Beams, never seen much point in them. The kinetic damage seemed a little low for the length of the burst, though I also have that issue with the big PD laser. Antiproton or some such? It's burst seems very long, it's tracking slow and while it can deny missiles, there is a long time between lazes.

Another nitpick I have is with the Tractor Beam. Why in blue blazes is it a PD weapon? I used it once and for an entire battle, it was wasting my large slots by not-shooting-down missiles and just making them do pretty twirls instead.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #383 on: June 17, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »

Causality looks amazing but is actually kinda useless in combat. Could use moar weapons or higher armor. Preferably both.

Jackhammer is kinda meh. As a cap-ship it's kind of underwhelming, that and the general design of it has little appeal to me.

TheEND needs a better name. Osiris? Hephaestus? Something greeky or dark. It's a menacing cruiser, but going as far as to call it TheEND is a little bit too dramatic. It's medium slot on the front could be moved back a few pixels, it overlaps oddly with the other mount right next to it.

Photon Torpedoes feel like they should have either higher velocity or better tracking. Advanced ones are fine, but the standard and light ones need a bit more punch. Right now they're only useful if you have enough mounts to spam them like crazy. Yeah, better tracking or higher speed, to make them different than Photon Cannons.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 18, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »

I propose you rename TheEND to "Machinist."
Also, I noticed the upper of the two large gun mounts on the banshee is slightly offset to the left from it's counterpart.
...It's staring at me...

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 18, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »

That upper large slot can also turn practically right over the Banshee's shoulder because the bridge isn't in the way so much.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »

I propose you rename TheEND to "Machinist."
Also, I noticed the upper of the two large gun mounts on the banshee is slightly offset to the left from it's counterpart.
...It's staring at me...

Just fixed that little booboo on the Banshee, Good eye though. ;)

The names for the TheEND and Nirvash are *cough* references to something, so they aren't exactly sticking to the tool theme for ship names.
That and I'm running out of tools to use hehe. No one else finds the Hacksaw a little underwhelming either? D:

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »

Causality can be pretty effective in the hand of the player even though his role is clearly being a harasser and not a ship killer. The problem come from the AI who is barely using the phase missiles. If AI was able to spam it at every possible occasions, then a squad of 2 or 3 Causalities could even be a treat to cruisers.

The tractor beam shouldn't be a PD weapon as it is too slow to catch stuffs. It should be constantly focus on frigates and other fast ships to truly show his effectiveness.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2013, 01:38:05 AM »

The Hacksaw can stow 4 racks of annihilators. I feel the armament is a bit light, but I feel that of most of the smaller Neutrino ships just because they're so heavy and weighty. They FEEL like they should throw a lot of weight around, just because they act like they have so much of it anyway. 2 medium energy slots and 2 small energy slots if I remember the loadout correctly. And 4 small missiles, which you could mount the 3-shot light photon torpedoes in. In comparison, the Enforcer has 5 medium ballistics + missiles, while the Medusa has two medium energy, 5 small energy and 2 small universal.

The design of the Hacksaw is pretty nice, I like it. If you're gonna tweak it, I think it only needs a couple tweaks to it's armament. Maybe an extra medium, or a couple more small energy slots to mount something like pulsars in.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #389 on: June 30, 2013, 03:58:23 AM »

If you're fixing stuff, there's this ship with this huuuge shield radius. Or was that meant to be?
(If so, whyyyy :'( )

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106