Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there a way to disable the debt that comes with the spacer start?  (Read 5947 times)

Guilty Omelette

• Ensign
    • View Profile

A setting in a file somewhere maybe?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Is there a way to disable the debt that comes with the spacer start?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 05:12:25 AM »

If you're using Nexerelin, you can change the nex_spacerDebtMult value in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json.

Guilty Omelette

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 01:43:00 PM »

Debt is the point of the spacer start.

Don't worry, I promise it won't hurt the spacer start's feelings.

gedsaro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 03:23:26 AM »

If you're using Nexerelin, you can change the nex_spacerDebtMult value in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json.

Thank you so much for this, I like the start with very little aspect of the spacer start, but don't want an ever increasing debt (if it was just something to pay off eventually, that would be fine to)

I'm really confused why there isn't a start that has no bonus money nor extra expenses as the default, or just a toggle for start with either free income, extra expenses, or just you know... nothing.

I assume as its a multiplier setting it to 0 effectively removes the debt payments?
As I will be using Nex on my next game this is great news to me.

P.S. also for those out there who don't use Nex, do you know if/where they would go to turn it off in that case?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 03:25:11 AM by gedsaro »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2021, 03:27:09 AM »

I don't think you can turn off the debt without mods, and the only mod that seems to do it is Nex.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2021, 02:59:16 PM »

You can kind of do the inverse for a normal start game (say off of a wayfarer + shepherd start with no tutorial), by turning off the Galatia stipend, which is 1 line below where you turn on the spacer start.

"enableSpacerStart":true,
   "enableStipend":true,

As for the difference between a spacer start and a normal start, when there's no debt or stipend is all of about 5 minutes of play time to earn credits. One or two galatia or exploration missions is about all the difference in terms of starting value, and after that they play and interact identically.

gedsaro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »

You can kind of do the inverse for a normal start game (say off of a wayfarer + shepherd start with no tutorial), by turning off the Galatia stipend, which is 1 line below where you turn on the spacer start.

"enableSpacerStart":true,
   "enableStipend":true,

As for the difference between a spacer start and a normal start, when there's no debt or stipend is all of about 5 minutes of play time to earn credits. One or two galatia or exploration missions is about all the difference in terms of starting value, and after that they play and interact identically.

Thanks that is handy to know, if I play a non-Nex game again I'll probably go that route.
This time yeah, the main thing was just getting a first mission where a pirate wants you to drop something in an unexplored system for around $55,000.
Do one of those, and is possible to start buying thigns that can actually let you earn real money.