Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disengage From Station  (Read 447 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Disengage From Station
« on: December 25, 2021, 03:47:59 AM »

Occaisionally when approaching a hostile station, a small fleet will tag you and force an encounter with the station + fleet which you must then disengage from if you wish to dock there.
However, this causes a significant loss of CR which cannot be avoided, except by engaging the station. Which then precludes docking there, thus defeating the point of the visit.
Sometimes this can happen multiple times in a row, and while the expense of recovering a significant amount of CR could be considered a 'cost of doing business', it is not at all a fun experience.

Would it be possible to add the story point options to disengage from these encounters in line with all the other ones?

Kriby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Disengage From Station
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 04:12:55 AM »

There is some strangeness in the pirate case specifically where they essentially allow any transponderless fleet to dock without incident, but if two nearby transponderless fleets fight one another the station gets involved (and always against the player). There are many pirate bases that have been destroyed by my fleet that would've survived if they had just stayed out of fights.

Maybe pirate fleets should avoid engaging transponderless fleets near pirate bases unless they have somehow identified them? And if they do identify them, notify the pirate base as well so that docking isn't allowed, for consistency.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 09:56:41 AM »

While I agree this is frustrating, adding a story-point disengage option won't fix it: that option (at least last time I checked, which I'll admit was some versions back) still costs the same CR.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 10:17:29 AM »

Aren't you supposed to just be able to Leave these encounters? The little fleet can't chase you without leaving the cover of the station, so they shouldn't be able to pursue you.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 11:11:28 AM »

Aren't you supposed to just be able to Leave these encounters? The little fleet can't chase you without leaving the cover of the station, so they shouldn't be able to pursue you.
They can harass you so you lose CR-
Please don't take me too seriously.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2021, 11:15:07 AM »

They don't pursue. They just suck half your entire fleet's CR when you disengage, like thirsty little vampires.
This is the only instance I've come across so far where you are not given the option to perform 'special maneuvers' to avoid an encounter.