Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: High Scatter Amplifier Idea  (Read 303 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
High Scatter Amplifier Idea
« on: December 23, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »

What if the hard flux was applied only at lower ranges, but the beam retained its full range? I.e. your graviton still has 1000 range but only does hard flux inside 600 range. Alternatively, you could do %hardflux based on range, or even have hard flux trailing off before the max range to limit kiting (although I think low percentage hard flux at longer ranges would not be enough to do anything significant with CR the way it is). I think you could use the current HSA range values for hard flux and a weapon like a phase lance would be much more usable.

The tough part would be teaching the AI what to do with those weapons. Although maybe current behavior might be functional for %hard flux.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: High Scatter Amplifier Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 06:51:08 PM »

Sounds like an idea for an entirely new hullmod... maybe include a "Better Deserved S-Mods" style bonus if you build it in:

Beam Focusing Array (?)
-Beam weapons cause hard flux damage to shields the closer the target is to the beam source, full damage if target is below 10% of range and causing no hard flux damage if the target is further than 70% of range.
-- S-Mod Bonus: +5% beam weapon damage.
--- Cannot be used with High Scatter Amplifier or Advanced Optics