Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: [0.96a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 173474 times)

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2022, 07:40:01 AM »

Thanks.

I'm aware of the clash with Industrial Evolution. There' not much I can do with this one, I could switch off Salvage Yard on my end, but I have no idea how Hartles would take it. Have you tried dropping Hartles a message? The best solution is probably to set IE to autoremove Heavy Industry when detected on Arcadia. I don't have an issue with this.

Looks like someones recently cleared the map... I could shift the systems but without the modiverse map being I could quite easily end up on top of someone else. I'm more curious as to why it was wiped. Clearly not an outdated mods thing because my own were wiped off.

You are welcome.

No I did not contact him yet, I will post your proposal in Industrial Evolution topic.

In my game I have shifted periphery more on the periphery [-11200,-19500], and wurzle a bit farther [-4750,-21250].
I have also added back some mod I use in the map.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 02:26:44 PM by bodeshmoun »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2022, 03:28:39 PM »

Mayby make it a using shells with emp.

That would tread on the Mojlnir. Decided to add a 'flak' component to the them instead, shells detonate when nearing maximum range and deal area damage.

Next step is to figure out how to make the shell/flak a different damage type. Ideally I'd like direct hits to deal HE damage and flak to deal kinetic. Stretch goal is to have proximity fuses begin after x distance. But sadly my coding skills don't appear up to par at this time.

Either that or we go back to MIRV shells...

In my game I have shifted periphery more on the periphery [-11200,-19500], and wurzle a bit farther [-4750,-21250].
I have also added back some mod I use in the map.

Talk about going above and beyond, thanks man, I'll have shifty and see where I can fit them for the next update.

Also; Geri and Freki are getting an upgrade:
WIP
[close]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 03:30:41 PM by Great Wound »

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2022, 04:10:48 PM »

Ok, I played with the mod a little bit.

I didn't realize how... extreme? The diplomatic relations are. Which just feels very strange - the level of cooperation these factions have with others is to a degree generally unprecedented within vanilla and modded games, and it leads to much flatter diplomacy because of how quickly they tend to pick a side.

KoC has abysmal ship quality because Agreus is the largest producer. Might want to change that if you want them to be viable. Scrumpy's extremely valuable Orbital Works is basically just a big target as a result. By extension, do not remove the Heavy Industry on Agreus if Salvage Yards is kept as a Salvage Yards without HI cuts ship quality by 25%.

I also wanted to report the conflicts with DME but I see someone else got to that first.
& I still think that some of the Angry Periphery should get a pop boost (namely Randis & Hope + Jetsam/Flotsam joining as one larger colony) because of how incredibly small most of these colonies are making them generally redundant.

Terran Allias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2022, 08:29:25 AM »

Can you make it possible to run Angry Periphery without needing to run KoC?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2022, 09:26:07 AM »

Can you make it possible to run Angry Periphery without needing to run KoC?

Double-post:

Here's the last version that doesn't require KoC: LINK.

If you don't mind me asking, is there any particular reason you don't want my KoC?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2022, 12:46:01 PM »

Nomios could use some attention - It gets decivilised in almost every game I've played recently, as it just can't handle any kind of materials shortage.
If it needs to keep the Commerce, it may be an idea to use some of the vanilla market conditions to mitigate the stability loss (or create a custom one).
Or maybe have the pop + station improved?

Ships are fun.
Google phase ships are hillarious. Thier descriptions are true in the most literal sense, and I appreciate this.
I didn't expect that...

Freki & Geri are busted levels of good though. Fairly decent destroyers on thier own just with guns + missiles, but also having 2 fighter bays makes them incredibly solid picks.
They could lose a fighter bay and still be excellent ships.

Atlas (C) is fun. 8 fighter bays would be amazingly broke if this thing had any OP to actually use them after fitting nescessary stuff.
Could stand to lose most of its cargo capacity as the fighter bays are supposedly conversions of the cargo bays. It would still be decent even with ~400 cargo.

Big fan of Sleipnir tho.
Sometimes simple things are the best things.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2022, 01:53:45 PM »

Nomios could use some attention - It gets decivilised in almost every game I've played recently, as it just can't handle any kind of materials shortage.
If it needs to keep the Commerce, it may be an idea to use some of the vanilla market conditions to mitigate the stability loss (or create a custom one).

Ships are fun.
Google phase ships are hillarious. Thier descriptions are true in the most literal sense, and I appreciate this.
I didn't expect that...

Freki & Geri are busted levels of good though. Fairly decent destroyers on thier own just with guns + missiles, but also having 2 fighter bays makes them incredibly solid picks.

Atlas (C) is fun. 8 fighter bays would be amazingly broke if this thing had any OP to actually use them after fitting nescessary stuff.
Could stand to lose most of its cargo capacity as the fighter bays are supposedly conversions of the cargo bays. It would still be decent even with ~400 cargo.

Big fan of Sleipnir tho.

NEW VERSION IS UP - WARNING! IT'S A SAVE BREAKER!

Glad you enjoy the ships, fun is the objective and it sounds like you've been having it! There's a new Freki/Geri in the latest version, a little more direct on the firepower and short a hanger, should be a bit better balanced and a better counterpart to the Sleipnir. There's also a new faction and few more ships, the Requiem is certainly a different kind of the beast and the Picket (EU), well, it's hard to belive those stats are almost vanilla but... gotta go fast!

Are you running Nex when Nomios gets decivilized or is this a vanilla issue?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2022, 02:01:33 AM »

Vanilla + a couple of factions + minor "fluff" mods. No Nex.
Seems like a similar issue to some other mods recently that were adding pirate markets that kept deciving due to low stability.
Iirc those had "too many" industries which tanked the stability, which this isn't. But the lack of stability does seem to be the problem.

KMS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2022, 03:13:00 AM »

Hey there, I noticed a super duper tiny issue that I feel I must mention. The 'Manta' ship doesn't have a designation, so the game describes it as a 'Manta designation' rather than a 'Manta Light Frigate' or something.

Aside from that, I love this mod. Thanks for bringing all these companies into the sector for real.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2022, 03:29:12 AM »

Hey there, I noticed a super duper tiny issue that I feel I must mention. The 'Manta' ship doesn't have a designation, so the game describes it as a 'Manta designation' rather than a 'Manta Light Frigate' or something.

Aside from that, I love this mod. Thanks for bringing all these companies into the sector for real.
Can confirm.
It's in ship_data.csv - the designation for the Manta is literally "designation" in the table.
I've just temp changed it to "Exploration Vessel" so it doesn't look (as) goofy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 03:31:29 AM by Serenitis »

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2022, 07:45:31 AM »

Ships are fun.
I didn't expect that...

Big fan of Sleipnir tho.

NEW VERSION IS UP - WARNING! IT'S A SAVE BREAKER!

Glad you enjoy the ships, fun is the objective and it sounds like you've been having it! There's a new Freki/Geri in the latest version, a little more direct on the firepower and short a hanger, should be a bit better balanced and a better counterpart to the Sleipnir. There's also a new faction and few more ships, the Requiem is certainly a different kind of the beast and the Picket (EU), well, it's hard to belive those stats are almost vanilla but... gotta go fast!

Sees Eridani-Utopia is a faction. Yes!
Sees they have sided with the Path, abandoned their technology, and given up on terraforming. You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Luddics, not join them! Bring prosperity to the Sector, not leave it in ruins!

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2022, 11:15:46 AM »

Seems like a similar issue to some other mods recently that were adding pirate markets that kept deciving due to low stability.
Iirc those had "too many" industries which tanked the stability, which this isn't. But the lack of stability does seem to be the problem.

Base stability is 10, I think it may come down to trade routes/pirates.

I've taken a look and gone back to one of Vcuh's suggestions; removed Commerce and replaced it with light industry, this should help with the stability as they now produce their own domestic goods. Moved the Holosuite to the Cryosanctum as it fits in with their lore.

Fixed for the next version, now designated as an 'Explorer'.

You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Luddics, not join them! Bring prosperity to the Sector, not leave it in ruins!

I'm keeping this :D

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2022, 07:58:57 PM »

I'm running into a crash when starting a new game with the latest update:
Crash Log
404746 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [midgard_Squall] not found for faction [KoC]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [midgard_Squall] not found for faction [KoC]
[close]
Definitely wasn't doing that in the previous version.

PS: Also had some trouble with 'Angry Periphery v1.3', the planets spawning glitched, buying all goods for 1 credit despite there being massive demand... hopefully fixed in v1.5.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »

I'm running into a crash when starting a new game with the latest update:
Crash Log
404746 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [midgard_Squall] not found for faction [KoC]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [midgard_Squall] not found for faction [KoC]
[close]
Definitely wasn't doing that in the previous version.

PS: Also had some trouble with 'Angry Periphery v1.3', the planets spawning glitched, buying all goods for 1 credit despite there being massive demand... hopefully fixed in v1.5.

I had to so some investigation here, I downloaded the mod from here and ran a new game and it worked fine. If I had to guess I'd say you may have multiple copies of the mods in the same folder (there should only be one copy regardless of version number) or accidentally merged them. Do a double check for us and let me know what you see. If there's mulltiple copies (Check for both KoC and Periphery) that'll be it.

Possible alternative explanations (the truth is out there):
Assuming you have don't have multiple versions of the mod running/merged the Midgard bomber wing should be gone but if you've messed around in Dev Mode there may be a copy of the old Freki/Geri saved in starfarer.res with the bombers present.

Regarding colony demand/prices, I have encountered something similar to this previously and what it came down to was multiple factions/markets are assigned to the same planet. If it's not multiple copies there may be another mod competing.

Let me know how you get on.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2022, 04:34:38 PM »

I had to so some investigation here, I downloaded the mod from here and ran a new game and it worked fine. If I had to guess I'd say you may have multiple copies of the mods in the same folder (there should only be one copy regardless of version number) or accidentally merged them. Do a double check for us and let me know what you see. If there's mulltiple copies (Check for both KoC and Periphery) that'll be it.

Possible alternative explanations (the truth is out there):
Assuming you have don't have multiple versions of the mod running/merged the Midgard bomber wing should be gone but if you've messed around in Dev Mode there may be a copy of the old Freki/Geri saved in starfarer.res with the bombers present.

Regarding colony demand/prices, I have encountered something similar to this previously and what it came down to was multiple factions/markets are assigned to the same planet. If it's not multiple copies there may be another mod competing.

Let me know how you get on.
No duplicate folders as far as I know, I do the standard "delete the old folder and replace it with the new one" every time, and I don't really use Dev Mode. I kept getting the same crashes no matter how many times I downloaded from the link so if no one else is getting the same thing it must be on my end.

I have gotten it to work now, but I had to jump through a few hoops.

Basically I had to add the info and files for the following ships/hulls from the older 1.03.39b version to the newer 1.03.40b that didn't have them:

midgard, squall_koc_bomber, and google_gremlin

Their graphics were there, but they were missing from the hull and variant folders as well as the descriptions (strings) and ship_data files. After I copy/pasted everything over it started working.

No idea why the game insisted they need to exist even if they seem to have been removed (I was starting a new game after all).

Here's my enabled mod list, if it can help:
Spoiler
  "starpocalypse",
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "AMPP",
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "alkemia-armoury",
  "A_S-F",
  "Angry Periphery",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "ARSWP",