Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.96a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 173540 times)

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2022, 03:47:57 PM »

To help consider how to narrow down the faction traits, here is how I would categorize them with lore justification.

Of the MbG, these are their core faction personality 'flavour' traits- "neutralist", "temperamental", "paranoid", "devious"
Lore reasons: Isolationist (neutralist), they have infighting among faction elites and rogue AI activity, never certain exactly who is in charge (temperamental). Worried about debtslave insurgency, don't want foreigners liberating their slaves (paranoid). Phase ships, covert activity and organ/slave smuggling with Sindria (devious)

For the KoC, these are the core faction personality 'flavour' traits- "devious", "submissive", "helps_allies"
Lore reasons: they are war profiteers who want more war for profits (devious), will seek alliances for protection (submissive), and then goad the bigger allies into fighting so they can sell industrial exports (helps_allies).

And these are the traits that both factiosn have but are for gameplay reasons only, not lore or 'flavour'- "monopolist", "lowprofile", "irredentist"

Monopolist to make them attack players, lowprofile to keep them alive when they have only 1 planet and the Angry periphery is not used, irredentist to help them recapture homeworlds when Angry Periphery is used.
I think that Monopolist can honestly be dropped, Paranoid and Devious will make them engage in more than enough hostilities (Opportunistic wars, failed agent actions)
Low Profile makes more sense for the isolationist M-G than the KoC, Irredentist isn't really required for either of them.

vcuh666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2022, 03:57:42 PM »

I think we can justify dropping either temperamental and/or paranoid from MbG. But I feel like that 'mysterious leadership' element and rogue AIs should be reflected in the traits in some way. I think I'd rather drop paranoid than temperamental, because paranoid affects war declerations which they should only be doing in alliances so it's not relevant in that case. Temperamental creates the RNG risk that they might actually dislike TT and choose another ally, maybe Sindria, I like having a chance for diplo clusterfucks.

I think I'd also drop neutralist from MbG, it makes them less annoyed at TT from being the bigger power, but they already have high relations so they don't really *need* it. The gameplay element for isolationism can be provided by their chilly relations with everyone else except Sindria and TT, so it doesn't necessarily need the trait. In some ways they are better without it, since they will dislike the Heg/Perseans even more and this will keep them more diplomatically isolated and excluded from their alliance blocs.

If they actually get revanchism stuff going without the irredentist trait then they don't need the trait at all because there are so few planets for them anway.

I think I'd rather drop "devious" from KoC because I don't want them to share 'flavour' traits and it's not particularly how I see them. Unfortunatley, there isn't a way to make them half as devious as MbG.

KoC
Code
"diplomacyTraits":["monopolist", "lowprofile", "submissive", "helps_allies"],

MbG
Code
"diplomacyTraits":["monopolist", "lowprofile", "devious", "temperamental"],

That narrows it down to Nyct's suggested number of 4 traits.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:05:15 PM by vcuh666 »

vcuh666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2022, 04:22:30 PM »

Nyct, would you be willing yet to commit to a final traitlist for the factions?

I think that Monopolist can honestly be dropped, Paranoid and Devious will make them engage in more than enough hostilities (Opportunistic wars, failed agent actions)
Low Profile makes more sense for the isolationist M-G than the KoC, Irredentist isn't really required for either of them.

You're talking me into seeing the downsides and/or redundancy of almost all the traits lol.

They're both greedy as *** megacorps. TT has the monopolist trait and it just seems very appropriate to all have that in common. However they are differentiated by exactly what export goods they are monopolists about.

For MbG I dropped paranoid but kept monopolist. If MbG exports only organs then it actually makes monopolist redundant, since I don't think the player can actually build structures to produce organs, or am I wrong?

I made MbG have light industry in my test game with no drugs, so monopolist makes more sense there, but Great Wound didn't take the suggestion so it isn't in the base mod. In that case, maybe drop monopolist for another trait, maybe go back to paranoid.

Since we're balancing for vanilla, we're assuming only 1 planet (and I don't use Angry Periphery in my test game) so lowprofile seems like a survival necessity. Since koC is designed to ally with either Heg or perseans I can be sure they will be in a big nasty war so it seemed like they need the help. In your experience, is it not really necessary?

It doesn't need to be positive. It just needs to be not negative. You could set their alignments to 0 if you wanted. That being said, I see a much clearer case for Hierarchial over Militarist.

I didn't know that, I misread the resource and assumed alliance required positive traits...

Given what we've went over, what are the other lore/gameplay reasons do you think make the case for reducing militarism?

Other than the stuff I did bring up, basically yes.

That's a relief, but in my own test agme I lowered the values by 2/3 and it seemed more appropriate. Or did you already read that aprt and take that into account?

vcuh666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2022, 04:52:40 PM »

lol what have i been sucked into i just wanted to be able to play koc with nex

Sindria has "paranoid", "monopolist", "temperamental" so it's probably not good for MbG to have that combo (plus lowprofile) because it makes them too much like Sindria.

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2022, 05:02:24 PM »

Nyct, would you be willing yet to commit to a final traitlist for the factions?
Yeah, sure.

They're both greedy as *** megacorps. TT has the monopolist trait and it just seems very appropriate to all have that in common. However they are differentiated by exactly what export goods they are monopolists about.

For MbG I dropped paranoid but kept monopolist. If MbG exports only organs then it actually makes monopolist redundant, since I don't think the player can actually build structures to produce organs, or am I wrong?

Since we're balancing for vanilla, we're assuming only 1 planet (and I don't use Angry Periphery in my test game) so lowprofile seems like a survival necessity. Since koC is designed to ally with either Heg or perseans I can be sure they will be in a big nasty war so it seemed like they need the help. In your experience, is it not really necessary?
Low Profile is absolutely a necessity, and even then they might be at risk of invasion especially because of their poor defenses.
As for Monopolist, I feel like M-G should have it (organs can be obtained from Population at high enough sizes though, which could cause them to get mad at everyone) but if KoC is working for the Heg then it seems like the Hegemony would block any of those sentiments, no?
Although both Monopolist and Paranoid would be somewhat useless for M-G, because Monopolist gets them into limited amounts of trouble and Paranoid assumes that there's somehow a war they can win.

Given what we've went over, what are the other lore/gameplay reasons do you think make the case for reducing militarism?
Well, the KoC isn't exactly a military power and is ultimately run by a civilian government, just one stacked with ex-military. Technically most civilian governments are stacked with ex-military people though. As a megacorp, they're also probably going to be more pragmatic about their approach and so I feel like an emphasis on military at all would be misplaced. In fact I'd even go as far as saying they should get Pacifist, for the sake of simple pragmatism - while they might not identify as them they might have a strongly pacifistic foreign policy to avoid any incidents.

That's a relief, but in my own test agme I lowered the values by 2/3 and it seemed more appropriate. Or did you already read that aprt and take that into account?
I did, I think 2/3rds is a bit much but they should probably at least have the opportunity to switch allegiances - bring Heg/PL - KoC relations to +40 and +25 could cause such a balance, and Tach/Diktat - M-G relations to +60 and +30 or so could cause a similar oddity.

Putting it all together, my proposal for traitlist is:
M-G: Paranoid/Monopolist/Tempermental (1-2, prefer Temperamental), Devious, Low Profile
KoC: Helps Allies, Submissive, (Optional: Low Profile), (Optional: Pacifist)

vcuh666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2022, 06:42:15 PM »

Nyctophonik, thanks for your contributions. I hope you can understand that I will direct all negative feedback from mod users directly into your PMs lol.

Seems like we've reached sufficient convergence to call it a consensus. I absorbed most, but not all, of Nyct's suggestions. I took all the alignment suggestions and most of the trait suggestions. Here is the latest iteration of the nex files in the attachment, and also here is the screenshots of the new game start diplo profile pages for the factions with the new configs. Please check them over and feel free to give feedback or upload other ones to show what you'd prefer instead.

KoC
https://postimg.cc/PPSbNxmC

MbG
https://postimg.cc/K4FtNLfK

I'd justify removing devious from KoC because they'd rather send their bigger allies to deal economic competition, more opportunity for war profiteering and less risk/cost to themselves. They'd exploit the heg's paranoia. Letting them keep monopolist will hopefully make them drag a bigger alliance partner into negative relations with the economic competition, or does it not actually work like that? So both factions have different ways of dealing with economic competition; either agents (MbG) or alliance partners (KoC).

Would the pacifist trait interfere with the intended behaviour for KoC?

I feel like the diplo numbers for the factions are better with the modified alignments. I really wanted to suppress the KoC/Church relationship to make a heg alliance a little more complicated and push them slightly towards the Perseans. One unintended outcome is the positive relations between KoC and Roider Union, but I can't plan for all possible interactions with modded factions.

I added GW's most recent choices for Industry/BonusSeeds.

Maybe nudge the Sindria/MbG relationship a bit higher?

Hopefully this can be the final version?

...Paranoid assumes that there's somehow a war they can win.

This is absolutely correct and I overlooked it. As a single planet they can't beat anyone except early game player colonies which won't have large market shares anyway. There is no need for it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 06:52:29 PM by vcuh666 »

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2022, 07:00:23 PM »

Nyctophonik, thanks for your contributions. I hope you can understand that I will direct all negative feedback from mod users directly into your PMs lol.
But of course.

Letting them keep monopolist will hopefully make them drag a bigger alliance partner into negative relations with the economic competition, or does it not actually work like that? So both factions have different ways of dealing with economic competition; either agents (MbG) or alliance partners (KoC).
Would the pacifist trait interfere with the intended behaviour for KoC?
Monopolist is an interesting trait for KoC to hold. The sabotages are done personally, without discussion between alliance partners.
However, it quite notably will cause an even larger rift betwen the KoC and Luddic Path, as well as other aspiring alliances. This is because Monopolist will cause the KoC to send expeditions onto factions that might even have middling or slightly positive relations with them, which could blow up in their face.
Pacifist would not interfere with KoC's behaviour as far as I'm aware - it prevents them from declaring their own wars but doesn't stop people going to war with them (or their allies) or them going to war alongside allies. Plus, Pacifist factions can even still declare war I believe, just that they're less predatory about it.

Overall, I think this is a pretty good final version, with any other changes being fairly minor.

vcuh666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2022, 07:20:20 PM »

Does the monopolist trait cause factions to attack non-player factions as well as player colonies? I didn't know that.

I'm happy with a worse relationship between the Luddites and KoC/MbG. It'll force MbG towards TT or Sindria for protection, and give the Perseans an 'in' with the KoC since the Heg in vanilla will sometimes ally with the Church.

I'm not sure how pacifist trait will interact with their other bahaviours, I will have to use a test game to find out.

I'm absolutely positive that we'll find more reasons to make more changes though...I can't resist tweaking.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 07:28:12 PM by vcuh666 »

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2022, 07:32:02 PM »

Does the monopolist trait cause factions to attack non-player factions as well as player colonies? I didn't know that.
I have absolutely no idea. But I think it does? From what I know, they will Destroy Commodity stocks (and other actions) with less restraint, and the penalites for economic competition definitely apply to NPC factions. It won't lead to outright war... if they don't get caught.

I'm absolutely positive that we'll find more reasons to make more changes though...I can't resist tweaking.
Of course lol

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2022, 03:19:47 PM »

Hopefully this can be the final version?

You done good. If you're happy where it's at I'm happy to bundle it up and release the next version.

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2022, 06:49:48 PM »

By the way, do you have the new economy files (with updated Nomios/Agreus/other systems/etc.)?

I've just been looking over the econ files of the mod and Angry Periphery. I will note that a couple markets might want some minor revisions and that overall the population counts of all territories are VERY low, which I'm willing to concede as part of simply being creative. But I do still want to look at the new market information.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2022, 07:18:58 AM »

By the way, do you have the new economy files (with updated Nomios/Agreus/other systems/etc.)?

I've just been looking over the econ files of the mod and Angry Periphery. I will note that a couple markets might want some minor revisions and that overall the population counts of all territories are VERY low, which I'm willing to concede as part of simply being creative. But I do still want to look at the new market information.

Sure, here you go:

Everybody Loves:

Vanilla System sizes are 3/4/5 and have been bumped to 5/5/6. I'm not a fan of making them bigger but in the interest of balance and mod compatibility I've done so.

arcadia.json
Code
{
"starSystem":"arcadia",
"markets":[
{
"entities":["nomios"],
"faction":"MaybeGoogle",
"size":5,
"startingConditions":[
"population_5",
"thin_atmosphere",
"cold",
"volatiles_abundant",
"organics_common",
"rogue_ai_core",
                "stealth_minefields",
                "trade_center",
],
"industries":[
["population", "orbital_fusion_lamp"],
"spaceport",
"cryosanctum",
"heavybatteries",
"militarybase",
["commerce", "dealmaker_holosuite"],
"cryorevival",
"orbitalstation_high",
                "mining",
],
},
{
"entities":["arcadia_station"],
"faction":"hegemony",
"volatiles_abundant",
                "outpost",
"population_5",
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"militarybase",
"starfortress",
"mining",
                "commerce",
                "grounddefenses",
                "waystation",
],
},
{
"entities":["agreus"],
"faction":"KoC",
"size":6,
"shipbreaking_center",
"ruins_extensive",
"population_6",
"ore_sparse",
"volatiles_trace",
"cold",
"no_atmosphere",
],
"population",
"megaport",
["refining", "catalytic_core"],
"militarybase",
"heavyindustry",
["heavybatteries", "drone_replicator"],
                "techmining",
                "KoC_Breaking",
# "orbitalstation",
],
},
],

}
[close]

Angry Periphery:

These two were the expansions to power them up. I'm open to bumping their sizes/industries but I'd rather not go above size 6 (max player size), as they're still meant to be minor factions and giving them a colony the size of Askonia makes them a major player in the sector in my eyes.

nergal.json
Code
{
"starSystem":"nergal",
{
"entities":["nergal_planet_1"],
"faction":"sindrian_diktat",
"size":4,
"population_4",
"cold",
"thin_atmosphere",
"poor_light",
"ore_abundant",
"volatiles_trace",
"rare_ore_moderate",

],
"population",
"spaceport",
"heavybatteries",
"militarybase",
"battlestation_mid",
"mining",
],
},
{
"entities":["nergal_planet_2"],
"population_5",
"cold",
"thin_atmosphere",
"poor_light",
"ore_moderate",
"volatiles_trace",
"ruins_scattered",
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"heavybatteries",
"militarybase",
"battlestation_mid",
"refining",
"cryorevival",
],
},
{
"entities":["nergal_obs"],
"size":3,
"population_3",
"ore_moderate",
"rare_ore_moderate",

],
"population",
"spaceport",
"heavybatteries",
"orbitalworks",
"orbitalstation_high",
"patrolhq",
],
},
],

}
[close]

wurzle.json
Code
{
"starSystem":"wurzle",
{
"entities":["scrumpy"],
"habitable",
"cold",
"population_4",
"water_surface",
"poor_light",
"organics_trace",
"pollution",
"low_gravity",
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"patrolhq",
"heavybatteries",
"fuelprod",
["orbitalworks", "corrupted_nanoforge"],
],
},
{
"entities":["little_k"],
"cold",
"population_5",
                "free_market",
"low_gravity",
"thin_atmosphere",
"ore_moderate",
"rare_ore_moderate",
                "ruins_extensive",
],
"population",
"megaport",
"highcommand",
"battlestation_mid",
"techmining",
"commerce",
                "waystation",
],
},
{
"entities":["big_k_syphon"],
"faction":"independent",
"population_3",
"volatiles_plentiful",
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"mining",
"patrolhq",
],
},
],

}
[close]

Edit: Scrumpy is size 4
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 07:27:55 AM by Great Wound »

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2022, 02:31:22 PM »

Note: Argeus has 5 industries on it - Shipbreaking, Refining, Military Base, Tech-Mining, and Heavy Industry. Also no Orbital Station? I remember you saying that was deliberate though & I don't think it's a complete dealbreaker, but... well... the Mayasuran Navy uses the same doctrine of "many ships no orbital station & a big usually friendly base" and rarely fares well.
Also, with M-G's lack of good deterrents and poor diplomacy I think they could use a Battlestation on Nomios.
I'd also like to point out that neither faction contains any Light Industry, even when expanded.

My random mess of personal modifications (which you really don't need to listen to) (and includes a lot of semantic stuff, like collapsing # of conditions down to vanilla levels):
Spoiler
Code
{
"starSystem":"nergal",
{
"entities":["nergal_planet_1"], //cryovolcanic planet
"faction":"sindrian_diktat",
"population_4",
"very_cold",
"poor_light",
"ore_abundant",
"volatiles_abundant",
"rare_ore_moderate",

],
"population",
"spaceport",
"heavybatteries",
"militarybase",
"battlestation_mid",
"mining",
],
},
{
"entities":["nergal_planet_2"],
"size":5, //maybe even 6? cryo stuff wild
"population_5", //maybe even 6? cryo stuff wild
"cold",
"poor_light",
"ore_moderate",
"volatiles_trace",
"ruins_scattered",
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"heavybatteries",
"militarybase",
"battlestation_mid",
"refining",
"cryorevival",
],
},
{
"entities":["nergal_obs"], //is this an observatory? it seems like one but then the ore wouldn't make much sense
"size":4, //maybe even 5
"population_4", //maybe even 5
"ore_moderate", //what are they observing? maybe replace this with something more wacky
"rare_ore_moderate" //what are they observing? maybe replace this with something more wacky
                                "volatiles_diffuse" //what are they observing? maybe add this if it's something wacky
                                "organics_plentiful" //what are they observing? maybe add this if it's something wacky
                                "toxic_atmosphere" //what are they observing? maybe add this if it's something wacky

],
"population",
"spaceport",
"grounddefenses",
                                "mining", //ignore suggestion if actually an observatory
"orbitalworks",
"orbitalstation_high",
"patrolhq",
                                "cryorevival" //if this is an observatory this feels like the only colony that would absolutely have to have this
],
},
],

}
[close]

Spoiler
Code
{
"starSystem":"arcadia",
{
"entities":["nomios"],
"population_5",
"thin_atmosphere",
"cold",
"volatiles_abundant",
"organics_common",
"rogue_ai_core",
                "stealth_minefields",
                "trade_center",
],
["population", "orbital_fusion_lamp"],
"spaceport",
"cryosanctum",
"heavybatteries",
"militarybase",
"cryorevival",
"battlestation_high",
                "mining",
],
},
{
"entities":["arcadia_station"],
"faction":"hegemony",
"volatiles_abundant",
                "outpost",
"population_5",
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"militarybase",
"starfortress",
"mining",
                #"commerce", //stability drop and free market really isn't Hegemony's style
                "grounddefenses",
                "waystation",
],
},
{
"entities":["agreus"],
"size":6,
"shipbreaking_center",
"ruins_extensive",
"population_6",
"ore_sparse",
"volatiles_trace",
"cold",
"no_atmosphere",
],
"population",
"megaport",
#["refining", "catalytic_core"], //shipbreaking
"militarybase",
"heavyindustry",
                "techmining",
                ["KoC_Breaking", "catalytic_core"], //moving the item over
#"orbitalstation",
],
},
],

}
[close]

Spoiler
Code
{
"starSystem":"wurzle",
{
"entities":["scrumpy"],
"size":4, //tempted to make this size 5
"habitable",
#"cold", //the hazard rating on this planet is really high
"population_4", //tempted to make this size 5
"water_surface",
#"poor_light", //the hazard rating on this planet is really high
"organics_trace",
"pollution",
#"low_gravity", //the hazard rating on this planet is really high
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"patrolhq",
"heavybatteries",
"fuelprod", //not calling for it's removal but am pointing out that the Diktat won't like this. but the KoC don't seem like the Aquaculture type lol
["orbitalworks", "corrupted_nanoforge"], //why does this exist on Scrumpy and not Agreus?
],
},
{
"entities":["little_k"],
                        "freePort": true, //better than adding the condition manually
"cold",
"population_5",
                #"free_market",
"low_gravity",
"thin_atmosphere",
"ore_abundant",
"rare_ore_moderate"
                "ruins_extensive",
],
"population",
"megaport",
"highcommand",
"battlestation_mid",
#"techmining", //not 100% sure what the lore/decision behind this is
                                "lightindustry", //so I'm suggesting they exploit their free port and make some drugs while sidestepping the Path
                                "mining", //or maybe get some local mineral production going
"commerce",
                "waystation",
],
},
{
"entities":["big_k_syphon"],
"faction":"independent",
"population_3",
"volatiles_plentiful",
],
"population",
"spaceport",
"mining",
#"patrolhq", //rare for indies to have patrols
],
},
],

}
[close]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:33:33 PM by Nyctophonik »

vcuh666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2022, 03:44:06 AM »

For Nexerelin games I'd definitely support giving the 2 homeworlds at least the 2nd tier of defense station because they really need it. I'd also support a light industry somewhere for MbG, although Nomios is too crowded now.

GW has said that he doesn't want to expand the homeworlds too much or give them better defenses in order to maintain vanilla balance, balancing the main mod for Nex isn't desirable. In that case, I'd suggest treating the Angry Periphery as the expansion for Nexerelin balance by putting most of the extra content for the homeworlds in that submod. It could then add improved defences, larger populations and more industries to the homeworlds. It'd also allow the main mod to keep the homeworlds at a smaller size.

It's not really a problem with this mod, it's that Nexerelin is a significant change to vanilla and you can't always balance for both at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:08:21 AM by vcuh666 »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2022, 06:41:54 AM »

Note: Argeus has 5 industries on it - Shipbreaking, Refining, Military Base, Tech-Mining, and Heavy Industry. Also no Orbital Station? I remember you saying that was deliberate though & I don't think it's a complete dealbreaker, but... well... the Mayasuran Navy uses the same doctrine of "many ships no orbital station & a big usually friendly base" and rarely fares well.
Also, with M-G's lack of good deterrents and poor diplomacy I think they could use a Battlestation on Nomios.
I'd also like to point out that neither faction contains any Light Industry, even when expanded.

Just realized you might not know, Shipbreaking will no longer be industry. Honestly I'm half tempted to remove it completely at this point, originally I removed refining and moved the Catalytic converter to KoC_breaking but CUM requires Tech-mining and refining to be placed on Argeus for certain features. The original idea was the KoC use shipbreaking instead of refining as source of metals. But since refining is now pretty much mandatory....

The lack of orbital station on Argeus is deliberate, the in-universe reason being that the Hegemony are using Arcadia station Starfortress to police the system and both protect, and intimidate the Ko Combine. I imagine Argeus having its own stations is one of the 'red lines' the Hegemony drew when they sold the planet off. As for why MbG have a station, I put that down to Tri-Tachyon meddling, the Hegemony don't like it but there's a legal loop hole somewhere that permits an orbital station, and Tri-tachyon love it because it's one more trouble for the Heg.

Not sure how critical Light Industry is to balance but if they need it for nex, slapping it in Angry Periphery is probably best.

My random mess of personal modifications (which you really don't need to listen to) (and includes a lot of semantic stuff, like collapsing # of conditions down to vanilla levels):

Look interesting, the Angry periphery planets were designed description first, I've rolled in a couple of your changes. Might have to tweak the descriptions if we go too far off tangent:

Nergal Descriptions
  • Lugalirra - The Sindrian Diktat's first foray outside Askonia, Lugalirra serves as a stopgap measure for increasing piracy against goods headed towards Sindria by enterprising pirates based in Umbra and elsewhere targeting the Askonia system. Though abundant in common ore, its volatiles are miniscule and transplutonic ore deposits ho-hum. When not shoring up deficits in Askonia, the mining bureau makes a moderate profit supplying the neighboring Mbaye's orbital works.
  • Meslamtaea - A hub for Mbaye's questionable practice of speculative cryofreezing and commercial practices. Those looking to quickly turn their credits into more credits without the risks inherent in intersystem trading turn here. Of course, maintenance doesn't come by cheap and one bad investment may leave hopefuls thawed and penniless turning to the same piracy that dissuaded them from a trader's life.
  • Nergal observatory - Originally a research station, now, a military installation and ship manufactory, the Nergal observatory produces the civilian transports and starliners Mbaye are famed for. With the arrival of new neighbors, the orbital works begin to produce more warships as a check against any overly ambitious Diktat officers.
[close]

Wurzle Descriptions
  • Knomoore - Commonly seen in propaganda advertising an honest days work. Knowmore is populated by the young and firery beliving they can make it rich plundering the depths of Klendathu.
  • Harvester - The homestead of numerous independent mercenary units and those looking for a fight. When not contracted, many units participate in the bloody games that are broadcast across the local comm-net in a bid for glory and fame.
  • Scrumpy - Intend as an alternative site for the farm of the now famous Volturain Lobster breeding program, the higher acidity of the planets water made the seas unsuitable for purpose. With environmental impacts now defunct the planet was repurposed to fuel and ship production and the seas became a convenient dumping ground for by-products and waste.
[close]

And in case you haven't visited Lagan system...

Lagan Descriptions
  • Cess - After reports of a virulent biohazard spreading across Cess Tri-Tachyon quarantined the planet and poisoned the skies, killing the population. The objective was to prevent the spread of the biohazard throughout the system while preserving the infrastructure which held significant monetarily value to the corporation. When the collapse came the Luddic Path saw an opportunity and recolonised the planet believing their faith would protect them.
  • Flotsam/Jetsam - Flotsam and Jetsam were constructed as part of a kite-racing track following Lagans rings. When the sponsors pulled out due to the inherent violence in the system an anarcho-syndicalist commune took over and decided the best way of settling draws was with a sword throwing contest. Needless to say the fans were mad and in a bloody take over turned to a life of crime to fuel their belt-racing obsession.
  • Ligan - A colony of the slave variety. Originally a penal colony, when the inmates took over the guards were put to work. Any attempts to bring order to this place have been met with fierce discord and violence by the vying rabbles who have carved out their own special places in this hell.
[close]

;D ;D ;D

Here's the latest version if you want to have a play with the tweaks so far:
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 04:57:55 AM by Great Wound »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14